Lt. Commander
# 1 Angry Vulcan ?!
03-19-2010, 05:52 PM
I was in a starbase when I saw this vulcan just pounding away at a console, being the Star Trek geek that I am I found it a little funny as first it would seem that this would be an emotional response, 2 it would certainly not be logical and 3 probably against Starfleet regulations to beat a console, though in extreme circumstances I'm sure we all have done it, lol just wanted to show this off anyone else have any funny screenshots post away .

[img] http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a64...1-12-56-50.jpg [/img]
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-19-2010, 06:10 PM
Its A Romulan Spy!
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-19-2010, 06:59 PM
her face seems calm enough.. perhaps she descended from The Fonze and some vulcan hottie?
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-19-2010, 07:01 PM
I noticed that too. It does seem to be out of character.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-19-2010, 07:11 PM
Dear _ Vapor_,
In regards to your previous correspondence regarding a seemingly untoward outbreak of emotional frustration over an inoperative console on the part of a Junior Vulcan Engineering Officer, I must, in the defense of my Vulcan Comrades, beseech you to analyze the mere facts of the situation at hand, which are as Follows:
1. Said Console seems to be inoperative and
2. Vulcans are not prone to outbursts such as these, except under certain extenuating circumstances and
3. Vulcans possess much greater strength than humans

With these facts in mind, i forward to you that there may have been a malfunction in the tactile interface which simply required "more enthusiastic input" from the user. The Vulcan in question, you see, is not venting frustration upon the steely informational kiosk, since a Vulcan truly out of control would have simply smashed the console in one great shower of sparks. Another alternative is that she may, with some amount of luck, be entering the Vulcan Female equivalent of Pon'farr. In this case, i will need you to forward the name, rank, and current assigned billet of the Officer in Question to my Quarters with all due haste.

With Great Regard,
Lord of Connaught, Sir Valin Mountbatten Antilles, Capt, Commanding.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-20-2010, 12:05 AM
She's a basic engineer, what'd you expect?
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-20-2010, 04:05 AM
UNDINE ALERT!

Good catch ensign! We will dispatch it with FIRE!
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-20-2010, 04:56 AM
pon farr makes any vulcan a little cranky
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-20-2010, 05:16 AM
As a real life engineer, I can relate to the Vulcan in the picture as she is clearly an engineer and is using the good old "If in doubt give it a clout" method to fixed an unresponsive console. There is no anger or frustration in this method, it is a very technical was of fixing things.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-20-2010, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncandonut View Post
As a real life engineer, I can relate to the Vulcan in the picture as she is clearly an engineer and is using the good old "If in doubt give it a clout" method to fixed an unresponsive console. There is no anger or frustration in this method, it is a very technical was of fixing things.
Such methods also usually involve some screaming of 'Work, curse you, WORK!'.

Just think how badly the console must be malfunctioning to cause a Vulcan to flip out that badly on it.