Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 101
03-22-2010, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QorChang View Post
Not quite.
I am posting it because the quote from Cryptic came in the middle of another thread - Not started by Crptic - and has managed to get under the radar somewhat and go unnoticed a little.
Simply trying to let peeps know .."Hey..Cryptic FINALLY said something on the subject!"
Which is more than we had to go on before.

Nothing more...nothing less.
You posted this in 3 other threads , that's spamming. You're entitled to believe what you like, and frankly you're entitled to your enthusism . I for one will wait untill July and hold on to my $60 , until I'm satisfied the content is up to snuff , as I'm sure a great many other will as well . That's if we aren't side tracked by another games release , or forget about this. This is the price Cryptic pays by releasing an incomplete game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 102
03-22-2010, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
You posted this in 3 other threads , that's spamming.[/u]
So?
And your point?
Yes I spammed it, for the reasons I stated. Seems pretty logical to me. Just because I spammed it in three threads doesnt mean I condone what HAS happened, only trying to inform peeps that a response has been given as it DID manage to go rather unnoticed.
Spamming in itself means something has been posted multiple times. It in itself does not denote intent.

But in refference to the end result....yes I think many players will probably prsently cancel and sit and watch what happens between now and July. I'll play at least a little longer (though I no longer play everyday). I agree that if they come out with something meaningfull in july it may HELP recover some of what was lost. I dont think there will be a complete return by those who have or will have left.
Whats the long term future of the game? Hmmm hard to say...I know what I would HOPE would happen...but the odds presently.....I cant say. Hopefully we will all be proven wrong and it will be all that AND the box of crackers. <chuckle> We can hope. Until then.....I play occasionaly, I play WoW (ugh...girl friend likes it) and I wait. Can't even say how long..with that said I am STILL thankfull they at least responded, as ANYTHING was better than dead silence.
The rest remains to be seen.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 103
03-22-2010, 12:22 PM
While I completely understand and appreciate the enthusiasm, I tend to agree with Vuk. Creating and posting it in your own thread was enough.

That said, it caused me no physical or mental distress having to see it 3 times, so whatever.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 104
03-22-2010, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rienen View Post
While I completely understand and appreciate the enthusiasm, I tend to agree with Vuk. Creating and posting it in your own thread was enough.

That said, it caused me no physical or mental distress having to see it 3 times, so whatever.
Well actually I had already posted it in the other 2 threads when I realised I should post it by itself.
If I had thought of that first...........but I didnt...what I get for being at work and doing stuff at the same time lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 105
03-22-2010, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QorChang View Post
Well actually I had already posted it in the other 2 threads when I realised I should post it by itself.
If I had thought of that first...........but I didnt...what I get for being at work and doing stuff at the same time lol
Hah, totally agree (I'm at work as well).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 106
03-22-2010, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave111
With the realease of some decent pve elements available to klingons I just want you all to know that I will be leveling a Klingon toon. Alot of you are posting about the death of the faction but every patch will breathe new life into it. You don't seem to see the big picture.

Strict pvp play only apeals to a small group of your player base. It's no wonder why the klingons had so few players. I tried it and I would rather gouge my eyes out with a dull spoon. I like pvp, but I don't like pvp ALL the time. A few of you post how klingon players get lost somewhere between t2 and t5. I have no doubt that it is the reason. Hats off to those hardcore players who leveled pvp the whole way. I know that isn't for me.

I just want to give you some hope that if I am looking to play klingon now, that perhaps more fed players will be changing over to the empire. I think with every content release they will draw more and more players to the other side. I doubt it will ever be 50/50, the federation is simply too popular.

Regards
Hey *******, I have been beating the more content war drum for a year along with most of the BoK fleet members. We even sent mission content into Cryptic. Fact is they lied about the content, now its a wait and see game if the will fix it. Or, if Cryptic will be forever know as the company that botched STO. As for calling me a drama queen, well when invest as much time, effort and money into helping develope a fleet for this game because of it's IP. Then you can talk, until then **** off.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 107
03-22-2010, 02:16 PM
We can't be Drama queens, I've been to the tailors..

No feather boas, no tiarras, drab colors with no flair, no FAHBULASS color choices....

The fact still remains, many in the Empire don't feel content with the content. Many didn't want a PvP only 'monsterplay faction' and many believed content would be comming soon(tm)

The fact also remains, many Klingons are leaving due to the current state of the game, and how it feels Cryptic is tossing us tablescraps, while the Fed get's attention.

I know you'll then say, so waht, if you don't like it leave.. Problem with that is many are.

Vanguard got better after release, they say.. but how many are playing?

*** got better....they say

Hell even SWG claims to be doing better after the NGE.. yet how many are playing?

If your a Federation player, saying so what boo Hoo... go to your forums and post that crap. how dare you come to the klingons section, and tout a boo hoo klingons are upset.. well back to my stuff as it don't affect me.

And for those who say don't let the door hit you on the way out. remember STO can't 'server merge' so if the playerbase does drop there is only 1 decision, and your lack of care when a different portion of the playerbase was here to say wait a sec, won't be arround when you try and say but wait...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 108
03-22-2010, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STObee
Everyone who thinks Klingon faction content will be at parity with Federation within a year raise your hands!

<sees no hands>


Next question - Everyone who thinks STO will be around in a year raise your hands!
No agruements?

I accept your surrender.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 109
03-22-2010, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkameron View Post
Ohh i like your sig. What episode is that from?
"Shades of Gray" TNG. Don't try and use it! I have it trademarked hahaha
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 110
03-22-2010, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonenili
We can't be Drama queens, I've been to the tailors..

No feather boas, no tiarras, drab colors with no flair, no FAHBULASS color choices....

The fact still remains, many in the Empire don't feel content with the content. Many didn't want a PvP only 'monsterplay faction' and many believed content would be comming soon(tm)

The fact also remains, many Klingons are leaving due to the current state of the game, and how it feels Cryptic is tossing us tablescraps, while the Fed get's attention.

I know you'll then say, so waht, if you don't like it leave.. Problem with that is many are.

Vanguard got better after release, they say.. but how many are playing?

*** got better....they say

Hell even SWG claims to be doing better after the NGE.. yet how many are playing?

If your a Federation player, saying so what boo Hoo... go to your forums and post that crap. how dare you come to the klingons section, and tout a boo hoo klingons are upset.. well back to my stuff as it don't affect me.

And for those who say don't let the door hit you on the way out. remember STO can't 'server merge' so if the playerbase does drop there is only 1 decision, and your lack of care when a different portion of the playerbase was here to say wait a sec, won't be arround when you try and say but wait...
Agreed!!
What I find so completely insane is that it took all these Fed players that were telling us before launch to just deal with it, to accept it, that Klingons were supposed to be PvP centric, to actually come over and try to play Klingon before Cryptic would listen. I find that insulting to the very least, the game is biased, the faction equipment is unbalanced, hell there isnt even any point in running a KDF science officer, he cant collect anomolies, he cant craft....and yes CZ and DS both said there would be a Klingon version of Memory Alpha...anyone found it yet?
Our fleet ventrlo server had to be upgraded twice and we still couldnt keep everyone on at launch.
Now the only sound you hear is dead air space.
Good luck keeping this one alive Cryptic! Oh and since your driving the final nail in the Klingon coffin with allowing Fed v Fed PvP, may I aske what will be the next faction that your going to screw up is?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:37 PM.