Lt. Commander
# 41 Fed Trolls
03-18-2010, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
you don't want "open pvp" because I have been hearing you whine for the past week about "lack of content for klingons" the whining I am going to here from you when you find out that we are outnumbered 100 to 1 and we are is now the biggest puppet state of the federation by 8 o'clock PM that evening
I keep running into Feds that think only PvE is content. Where they get this from I don't know.

More and better PvP is more content. PvE + PvP = content.

When there is almost no Klingon PvE, what little exiists is shallow and mind numbing after a few runs AND the PvP is poorly designed/repetitive/limited in scope what are Klingons supposed to do? Are we supposed to rave about how great things are and how much we LOVE the current state of affairs?

Klingon content is a pitiful thing.

If Klingons have issues they want addressed what are they supposed to do? Kiss Cryptics butt while getting beat with a nerf bat while also watching the Feds get more and more content/customization?

Good monster, have a bone, er, T2 Cruiser. Don't even think about getting half the customizations Feds have, or a tenth of the PvE. Now shut up while we nerf you some more. Have another bone, never mind the Feds are eating steak. You'll get some neat stuff . . . some day . . . just don't ask for a date . . . or specifics.
Lt. Commander
# 42
03-18-2010, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
It was touted as a full faction.
No need to PVP at all all the way to General. And it will happen soon

No, it was touted as a PvP faction with a light amount of PvE. We got EXACTLY that.

I am not saying the Klingon side doesn't need some more content, I am simply saying that we got what was promised. If people imagined they were going to get more than they got, then the fault lies with the imagination of the individual, not the implementation by the company.

The faction in its current state was pretty much made for someone like me, who loves nothing more than to level up via PvP. I don't find fighting in the same maps every day as boring, because it isn't the map that I care about, it is the opposition I am fighting against.

@STObee

While those things would be nice to see, pretty much all of those are desires from players, not promises from the Devs.

I for one like the PvP in this game, especially the ground PvP. It is some of the most exciting PvP I have ever played. That doesn't mean this is the best PvP system ever made, nor does you not liking it mean it is the worst PvP system ever made. It simply means that I enjoy it and you don't. Just like I might enjoy salmon ice cream and you wouldn't.

I would love to some Open PvP, but the sad truth is that the Feds would dominate it at most hours of the day due to population issues. Restricting the zone by numbers will simply cause frustration and instancing the zone will make people cry that it isn't true open PvP.

I think they are trying to figure out a way to make it work and if you have suggestions, then feel free to discuss them in some of the threads dedicated to the topic!

As for the queue mechanic, I agree it needs work. Know what? So does Cryptic. They have stated this and are working on getting it to operate better. Give it awhile, the queue will be working better, the just need to get the fixes worked out, tested, and to the masses.

Try not to get caught up in the words of the more hotheaded users of these forums, they will kill you early with high blood pressure

All I can really suggest in the end is that you try and enjoy what you have and if you find that impossible, then leave and come back some other time in the future when you see something you find interesting.

We can't get everything we want from life, but we can wish for it. Just try not to get angry when your wishes don't come true
Lt. Commander
# 43
03-18-2010, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrishmal View Post
No, it was touted as a PvP faction with a light amount of PvE. We got EXACTLY that.

I am not saying the Klingon side doesn't need some more content, I am simply saying that we got what was promised. If people imagined they were going to get more than they got, then the fault lies with the imagination of the individual, not the implementation by the company.

The faction in its current state was pretty much made for someone like me, who loves nothing more than to level up via PvP. I don't find fighting in the same maps every day as boring, because it isn't the map that I care about, it is the opposition I am fighting against.

@STObee

While those things would be nice to see, pretty much all of those are desires from players, not promises from the Devs.

I for one like the PvP in this game, especially the ground PvP. It is some of the most exciting PvP I have ever played. That doesn't mean this is the best PvP system ever made, nor does you not liking it mean it is the worst PvP system ever made. It simply means that I enjoy it and you don't. Just like I might enjoy salmon ice cream and you wouldn't.

I would love to some Open PvP, but the sad truth is that the Feds would dominate it at most hours of the day due to population issues. Restricting the zone by numbers will simply cause frustration and instancing the zone will make people cry that it isn't true open PvP.

I think they are trying to figure out a way to make it work and if you have suggestions, then feel free to discuss them in some of the threads dedicated to the topic!

As for the queue mechanic, I agree it needs work. Know what? So does Cryptic. They have stated this and are working on getting it to operate better. Give it awhile, the queue will be working better, the just need to get the fixes worked out, tested, and to the masses.

Try not to get caught up in the words of the more hotheaded users of these forums, they will kill you early with high blood pressure

All I can really suggest in the end is that you try and enjoy what you have and if you find that impossible, then leave and come back some other time in the future when you see something you find interesting.

We can't get everything we want from life, but we can wish for it. Just try not to get angry when your wishes don't come true
Video Interview with Jack Emmert - August 24, 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcAn3...eature=related

Now tell me again - who was touted as a PVP faction with light pve ?
Lt. Commander
# 44
03-18-2010, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpieri View Post
Video Interview with Jack Emmert - August 24, 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcAn3...eature=related

Now tell me again - who was touted as a PVP faction with light pve ?

The Klingons.

That video is pretty old, considering the length of the development cycle. Looking at it as an expectation for what you will have at launch is very unrealistic.

Closer to launch, months in advance, Cryptic told us that the Klingons were not going to be a full faction due to time constraints. They also told us that we will be if we are not happy with what we get, so that content is on the way.

I am sorry you can't let go of the past there, but things change. They may have wanted to give two full factions at one time, but time constraints made that impossible.
Lt. Commander
# 45
03-18-2010, 08:30 PM
Quote:
The Klingons.

That video is pretty old, considering the length of the development cycle. Looking at it as an expectation for what you will have at launch is very unrealistic.

Closer to launch, months in advance, Cryptic told us that the Klingons were not going to be a full faction due to time constraints. They also told us that we will be if we are not happy with what we get, so that content is on the way.

I am sorry you can't let go of the past there, but things change. They may have wanted to give two full factions at one time, but time constraints made that impossible.
Spin Control for the win - to bad that you fail to realize that. This is proof that Klingons were not meant to be PVP only - they were made that way because Cryptic failed to deliver. So all those lovely arguments about how Klingons were never supposed to have pve or have very little are invalid.

Sad that you can't see that.
Lt. Commander
# 46
03-18-2010, 08:43 PM
Quote:
The Klingons.

Absolutely false due to previous statements to admit that would have made them open to legal action . They weaseled around it by changing the statements that it would be a mostly PvP faction and you would be able to PvE to level if you chose. The statement was that it would be 2 full faction the definition of full faction is the only think in dispute . Cryptic has one and the industry has another. I'm sorry your not bright enough to understand that Cryptic manipulatation of the statements were pure prevarication for sales and to cover their asses. It wasn't months it was a month before Beta that the truth became known , through their double speak .
Lt. Commander
# 47
03-18-2010, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpieri View Post
Spin Control for the win - to bad that you fail to realize that. This is proof that Klingons were not meant to be PVP only - they were made that way because Cryptic failed to deliver. So all those lovely arguments about how Klingons were never supposed to have pve or have very little are invalid.

Sad that you can't see that.

No, I fully understand where you are coming from. In the early days, Cryptic said they were going to make two full factions. It then dropped to one faction, since they figured they were not going to get Klingons done on time. Cryptic, due to community feedback, decided to add the Klingons back in as a launch race. This would mean that the Klingons were going to have very thin content.

I have said it would be nice if we could have had full content at launch, but we didn't. There is no use crying foul about it, that won't do anyone any good. What you can do is adapt with the times and realize that the PvE content you wanted at launch is on its way. That content may be months off now, but that is simply how it is.

You all know that Cryptic would have had to put the game on hold till July or later to get the content you wanted at launch into the game? I for one am happy they let us have the game early and we get to play it.

If you are not happy with the current state of the game, then simply unsub and come back at a later time when the content you desire is in place.

I hate it for you, I really do, but there isn't any point in crying on the forums about how the content you wanted at launch wasn't there, especially after they told you it wasn't going to be there before launch.

*shrug*

Feel free to do what you want with the game, but it seems silly to hang around if you are not happy with what you have.

Good luck
Lt. Commander
# 48
03-18-2010, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
Absolutely false due to previous statements to admit that would have made them open to legal action . They weaseled around it by changing the statements that it would be a mostly PvP faction and you would be able to PvE to level if you chose. The statement was that it would be 2 full faction the definition of full faction is the only think in dispute . Cryptic has one and the industry has another. I'm sorry your not bright enough to understand that Cryptic manipulatation of the statements were pure prevarication for sales and to cover their asses. It wasn't months it was a month before Beta that the truth became known , through their double speak .

Vuk, do you suspect an attack from every corner and live a paranoid life? I ask because I am genuinely curious.

Their statements to correct the ideas of what would be in game at launch are much more innocent than you seem to suspect. The statements closer to launch were to let people know that the desires of the team to have two full factions at launch was simply not going to happen.

It wasn't come malevolent plot to steal money or destroy your dreams of a PvE Klingon faction, it was simply Cryptic coming out and letting you know, before the game launched, that the plans had changed due to time constraints and wouldn't be what they had drawn up earlier in production. If Cryptic could have had this content in game at launch, they would have. They truly aren't sitting in their fluffy chairs and making jokes at the expense of the Klingon players.

What they did before launch by letting you know what they did is good, not bad. I am truly sorry if you can't see that and think it is an attack on you personally.
Lt. Commander
# 49
03-18-2010, 10:42 PM
Quote:
No, I fully understand where you are coming from. In the early days, Cryptic said they were going to make two full factions. It then dropped to one faction, since they figured they were not going to get Klingons done on time. Cryptic, due to community feedback, decided to add the Klingons back in as a launch race. This would mean that the Klingons were going to have very thin content.

I have said it would be nice if we could have had full content at launch, but we didn't. There is no use crying foul about it, that won't do anyone any good. What you can do is adapt with the times and realize that the PvE content you wanted at launch is on its way. That content may be months off now, but that is simply how it is.

You all know that Cryptic would have had to put the game on hold till July or later to get the content you wanted at launch into the game? I for one am happy they let us have the game early and we get to play it.

If you are not happy with the current state of the game, then simply unsub and come back at a later time when the content you desire is in place.

I hate it for you, I really do, but there isn't any point in crying on the forums about how the content you wanted at launch wasn't there, especially after they told you it wasn't going to be there before launch.

*shrug*

Feel free to do what you want with the game, but it seems silly to hang around if you are not happy with what you have.

Good luck

So let me get this straight.

I proved that Klingons were meant to have FULL PVE - feel free to post the links were Cryptic announced that they have changed them to a PVP only faction because it was a decision based on beta testing, player feedback, or they thought it sounded good on paper then enjoy reading the uproar this change created when the game was a few months away from release.

Its also intersting that those of you that are blatantly defending Cryptic only have these arguments to fall on -stop crying, adapt (how does one adapt to no pve - eh PVP more - seriously wake up), whining, unsub and so on. Just what the game needs more people quitting, keep up the good work.
Lt. Commander
# 50
03-18-2010, 11:01 PM
Im not sure if someone said this already but ah....Klingon Faction dead....ah No...I see a lot of other Klingons on when I play, I think someone said they are down to 50 or something...that is rubish. THe Klingon faction is not "dead", from what I notice it is still pritty strong. This goes to show never belieave anything you read on the posts.