Lt. Commander
# 51
03-18-2010, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow-Croc View Post
Im not sure if someone said this already but ah....Klingon Faction dead....ah No...I see a lot of other Klingons on when I play, I think someone said they are down to 50 or something...that is rubish. THe Klingon faction is not "dead", from what I notice it is still pritty strong. This goes to show never belieave anything you read on the posts.
We are speaking of Generals....not to sound like a jerk but I do not care how many of you are at lvl 6.
Lt. Commander
# 52
03-18-2010, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpieri View Post
So let me get this straight.

I proved that Klingons were meant to have FULL PVE - feel free to post the links were Cryptic announced that they have changed them to a PVP only faction because it was a decision based on beta testing, player feedback, or they thought it sounded good on paper then enjoy reading the uproar this change created when the game was a few months away from release.

Its also intersting that those of you that are blatantly defending Cryptic only have these arguments to fall on -stop crying, adapt (how does one adapt to no pve - eh PVP more - seriously wake up), whining, unsub and so on. Just what the game needs more people quitting, keep up the good work.

I never said it wasn't a controversial change in the plans, just that it was a necessary one in order to meet their launch date AND have the Klingon faction playable.

Cryptic decided that it was better to have the faction in as unfinished than to not have it at all. I tend to agree with that decision, you don't. We have differing opinions, it is part of human interaction.

I am suggesting that you adapt your ATTITUDE to the current situation, not your gameplay. It is pointless to cling onto vague promises of the past after it is already clear that they have not been met. Since you can't go back in time and magically change the outcome, you have to adapt and just deal with what you have.

If you are unhappy, then you truly should quit the game. I really would hate to see more people leave, but continuing to pay for a service they no longer desire or enjoy seems foolish to me. If possible, then I suggest you find something in game that you can enjoy, if you can't, then it is best to quit for now and come back at a later time and see if things are different...or not come back, the decision is yours.

The reason people who enjoy the game tell people who don't enjoy the game these things is as varied as the people. I can't speak for everyone else, but the reason I am suggesting you quit or adapt is because I think you should have fun playing a game. If you don't want to keep paying as you wait till the July update, then you probably shouldn't. If you bought a long-term subscription and have already paid for that...well, then I am sorry you didn't read the articles from before the game was launched where they said the Klingons would not have full PvE at launch. Live and learn, I guess?

Look, I am not here for the blood of those who disagree with Cryptic, nor am I here to defend them blindly. I am simply trying to argue the point that what was promised at release was given, even if those promises did change with time. Stuff happens during development, I understand that and I think you understand that as well. Sure, it sucks that the "stuff" that happened prevented you from enjoying a full Klingon faction upon release, but it did. The faction you want is coming later down the road, so maybe you can enjoy it then.

I want to ask one thing right quick regarding something you said...

Quote:
Just what the game needs more people quitting, keep up the good work.
Does this suggest you feel you should keep paying for the game, even if you are not happy, because the company needs money? I am not making an attack or anything, I am simply curious. It seems totally logical to me to cancel your sub, or suggesting to someone to cancel their sub, if that individual is not enjoying the game.

Klingon gameplay is obviously a big issue for you (unless you just like arguing ) and your enjoyment of the game. Are there other aspects of the game that are keeping you here? If so, why not continue to do those and not worry about the Klingon PvE for now since you know it is coming in time.

Just trying to understand you better
Lt. Commander
# 53
03-18-2010, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synacus View Post
We are speaking of Generals....not to sound like a jerk but I do not care how many of you are at lvl 6.
Do you know me?

If not, then there are probably more than 50

Seriously, there are more Klingon players out there at General than you may realize. Some don't play as often as others, some maybe enjoy PvE, some hang out in their guilds, and others you simply have not run into.

Sure, we are the minority faction, but PvP players usually are. Now if you are talking about truly dedicated PvE Klingons that got all the way to cap with PvE, then yeah, I would think there are only a few. It would take some serious dedication to do that all the way to max!
Lt. Commander
# 54
03-18-2010, 11:27 PM
Yes Klingon side is bit PvE light. But it has been advertised as such..before launch. Sure a year ago something else was promised during development. But close to the time we all "purchased" more realistic goals were set. We all got what was promised when we bought the game. Now if I had bought the game with the promise of a full PVE faction Klingon side..and then turned it on to find out something else...I would be miffed.

But that isn't what happened.

Also, Cryptic's videos of whats coming largely showcases Klingon's. No one would feature a faction prominently in it's marketing materials they didn't have plans for.

And don't forget that the STF's are all playable by both factions. Klingon's will also have access to Fleet actions after this patch. The explore missions have all been altered to be suitable to Klingon's. The patch also has some Klingon specific graphic and audio changes, new costume pieces, nice animation for Klingon transporters, etc...

I know people want really good Klingon story arcs..I want them too..but realistically that's not coming in a 45 day patch. There's no way it could. Like most MMO's this game has room to grow. Just because that content isn't here now..doesn't mean its not coming later. Claiming the dev's are out to persecute or kill the Klingon faction doesn't make sense. The folks at Cryptic probably care alot about the creations they've spent countless hours working on.
Lt. Commander
# 55
03-18-2010, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Does this suggest you feel you should keep paying for the game, even if you are not happy, because the company needs money? I am not making an attack or anything, I am simply curious. It seems totally logical to me to cancel your sub, or suggesting to someone to cancel their sub, if that individual is not enjoying the game.

Klingon gameplay is obviously a big issue for you (unless you just like arguing ) and your enjoyment of the game. Are there other aspects of the game that are keeping you here? If so, why not continue to do those and not worry about the Klingon PvE for now since you know it is coming in time.

Just trying to understand you better
Telling people to unsub, doesn't fix problems it creates more.

Is the current klingon gameplay an issue? Yes, does it stop me from playing no. What will stop me from playing is not if but when my friend lists shows over 100 people and the last time they logged on was over 60 days ago, with me looking at a barren sector unable to stem the hemorrhaging.
Lt. Commander
# 56
03-19-2010, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpieri View Post
Telling people to unsub, doesn't fix problems it creates more.

Is the current klingon gameplay an issue? Yes, does it stop me from playing no. What will stop me from playing is not if but when my friend lists shows over 100 people and the last time they logged on was over 60 days ago, with me looking at a barren sector unable to stem the hemorrhaging.

I agree that telling people to unsub creates more problems for the company, but there is no point in paying for a product they are not happy with. It solves the problem for the individual, which is really all the person can solve. That is where I am coming from.

You don't have to agree, but at least we see where each other are coming from.

You are obviously more devoted to the game than I am, which I respect. All I can suggest is approaching the issue with a bit cooler head, and not attacking allies :p I want to see PvE content for the Klingons as well, but that fight was already won and now we are just waiting. No amount of arm flailing will make it come sooner
Lt. Commander
# 57 PVE is coming?
03-19-2010, 04:44 AM
Well there it is in a nutshell.
Many statements to the fact that it is coming. Many statements (logical ones even) that it will take more time than 45 days etc etc.
But thats just it.....thats just the problem. Who says that? You the players. Cryptic isnt. Now I know a lot of you are already cracking your knuckles and fingers twitching to get at the keyboard for response ( I do that too lol) but lets look at the engineering reports.
Lets look at whats in testing.....no Klingon story arcs
Lets look at whats under development...no klingon story arcs
Lets look at whats under investigation......no klingon story arcs

hmmmm............

What I see is....no Klingon pve, well not the detailed story arc kind.

Ok you cant give it to us in the 45 day patch. I understand...time restraints....new faction toplan..unnamed mmo to work on...artwork needs fixed in Admiral Quinns office...whatever (sorry for the slight sarcasm there....muscles still twitchy over some of that and I still think it brings humor to the conversation), ok whatever...they dont have time. I can dig that. But TELL us something...SHOW us that you are WORKING on SOMETHING!
The Engineering report is supposed to be a window into things coming, and it NEEDS to be updated more frequently and accurately. Hell the carrier nerfs are still listed as "Under Investigation" Umm...no...they are getting ready to go live.
Now though this may seem like a flame to Cryptic..it's not really. What I am asking for is 1) More accurate and frequent communication on this, our most beloved topic, and some evidence that it IS being worked on..ie, for the love of Khaless at least put something Klingon pve'ish on the Engineering report at least under investigation that they are actually working on it.

I guess its that report that has peeved me off more than anything.
Sure, I was miffed we didnt get more for this patch...but I will give them the benefit of the doubt to say they COULDNT give us more at this time. What I would have liked to see was a "hey..heres what we have at the moment..a LOT more coming down the road". How about something on the Engineering report...how about one story arc or something in testing? How about something to SHOW US that there is in fact more down the road? A lot more hopefully. We arent getting any of that and I think it's the total lack of communication from Cryptic on this particular subject that has most of us so up in arms.
What I am asking for from Cryptic at this point is simply this....some communication please. Let me know that I am in fact going to see the promised land and show me your working on it even a little at a time.
Communication. Thats what I want at this stage. I don't think that in itself is a lot to ask for.....oh and a ball park time...say like hey in 6 months time you'll see this, or it will take a year...something other than "eventually". That would just be an empty promise.
Test something, put it in development..under investigation. Talk to us Cryptic, that would go a long way to mollify us.
Just my 2 EC's
Lt. Commander
# 58
03-19-2010, 05:07 AM
If they aren't going to make development of the Klingon faction a higher priority than providing "nice to have" items for the Federation or creating a whole new faction then TELL US. Resources are limited, priorities must be set and something suffers. If Klingons are going to continue to receive the short end of the stick TELL US so we can make informed decisions. Don't string us along, be honest and up front.

Message to Cryptic:
Klingons are a monster class faction paying the same monthly fee as a full-fledged faction. Reduce the monthly fee for Klingons to reflect the reduced content, or SHOW US you are devoting significant resources (more than are gong to ANY other faction) and deliver (not wait for updates) a steady stream of improvements at a level above what any other faction is getting until such time as there is a semblance of parity (we'd settle for half the PvE and half the ship/character customization as a good faith first step).

But whatever you do, please make PvP more meaningful and more fun.
Lt. Commander
# 59
03-19-2010, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STObee

Message to Cryptic:
Klingons are a monster class faction paying the same monthly fee as a full-fledged faction. Reduce the monthly fee for Klingons to reflect the reduced content, or SHOW US you are devoting significant resources (more than are gong to ANY other faction) and deliver (not wait for updates) a steady stream of improvements at a level above what any other faction is getting until such time as there is a semblance of parity (we'd settle for half the PvE and half the ship/character customization as a good faith first step).

Why? Again, you bought an STO account, NOT a Klingon account. Full access to both Klingon and Fed content, not restricted access.
Lt. Commander
# 60
03-19-2010, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florence
Why? Again, you bought an STO account, NOT a Klingon account. Full access to both Klingon and Fed content, not restricted access.

Um, if they sold Klingon only accounts I missed it, and would have gladly bought a Klingon only account. What I appear to have bought was mislabeled as Star Trek Online, what I really got was Federation Online.

The Federation story line is interesting, and the rewards PvE hands out like candy are much better than what you must claw from PvP. I find the PvE unbelievably easy, not even the red shirt BOs die during most missions and I usually have to fly my ship like a Captain Janeway to get it shot up or killed in PvE.

It will not be nearly as interesting leveling a second Fed toon. The 3rd time thru would be painfully boring.

Maybe going thru those away team missions with just the Captain or with just 1 BO will make it more challenging.