Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
03-18-2010, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
You're not paying to beta test. Tribble is optional for those that want to help out the QA team.
So in all actuality you are paying Cryptic to access Tribble, which is a test server, thus you are paying to beta test.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
03-18-2010, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
Fail thread. Try harder.

The majority of players would rather they release the patch later and bug free, than sooner and bug filled. Besides, it's only a delay of a few days.
Personally, I'm demanding the patch be released today even if it's incomplete and has bugs, but reserve the right to complain endlessly about bugs and lack of promised content.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
03-18-2010, 12:14 PM
nothing but a little Fluff in the 45/60 day patch anyways
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
03-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yunlrny View Post
So in all actuality you are paying Cryptic to access Tribble, which is a test server, thus you are paying to beta test.
There's some flawed logic.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
03-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yunlrny View Post
So in all actuality you are paying Cryptic to access Tribble, which is a test server, thus you are paying to beta test.
No, and Cryptic was incredibly clear about this matter in a post. Nobody is expected to test anything. The test server is there as a convenience for those interested. They will accept bug reports from people playing on it just like they do for the main server, but don't expect them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
03-18-2010, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yunlrny View Post
So in all actuality you are paying Cryptic to access Tribble, which is a test server, thus you are paying to beta test.
The majority of players like the Tribble Server. You get a sneak peak of upcoming content and get to help make the game better.

Tribble Server=Win
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
03-18-2010, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by personae
There's some flawed logic.
How so? It seems pretty obvious to me that there's a bunch of fanbois who don't mind paying Cryptic to access the Tribble Shard.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
03-18-2010, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetyNine
No, and Cryptic was incredibly clear about this matter in a post. Nobody is expected to test anything. The test server is there as a convenience for those interested. They will accept bug reports from people playing on it just like they do for the main server, but don't expect them.
The second you log into the server you are helping them test. Simply because you are not submitting bug reports doesn't mean that they fail to collect data from your session. What exactly was Cryptic 'incredibly clear' about? That PAYING customers will have access to the Tribble test server?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
03-18-2010, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
The majority of players like the Tribble Server. You get a sneak peak of upcoming content and get to help make the game better.

Tribble Server=Win
For the simple fee of $14.99, you too can help make the game = WIN!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
03-18-2010, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yunlrny View Post
The second you log into the server you are helping them test. Simply because you are not submitting bug reports doesn't mean that they fail to collect data from your session. What exactly was Cryptic 'incredibly clear' about? That PAYING customers will have access to the Tribble test server?
You seem like the kind of guy that would find something to complain about if someone handed you a million dollars. Most people actually want to help the devs make the game better.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:58 PM.