Lt. Commander
# 171
05-14-2010, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misiin
good to see it come online. look forward to it being fully activated vs the semi state it is in. again it has served well every where. you will enjoy it. keep up the good work.

and as for you ige, roflmao /comfort /grin ^^ /wave

lucien
Every now and than a troll comes in. I hope you feel at home. Here, take chair. This isn't over yet. Get some popcorn, while you're at it.
Lt. Commander
# 172
05-14-2010, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1tty
Every now and than a troll comes in. I hope you feel at home. Here, take chair. This isn't over yet. Get some popcorn, while you're at it.
Good grief. Why do you assume he's trolling? It's his only post on the forums. For all you know he read the very first post in this thread (which is a developer post announcing an improvement to the system), stopped there, and left a response to the developer comment.

Not everyone who is happy with the lack of goldselling spam is out to censor you. You're taking the praises way too personally.
Lt. Commander
# 173
05-20-2010, 07:01 PM
So... on the topic of spam...

Can anyone explain why anything that says 'www.ignmax.com' isn't instantly silenced? Almost all of the gold spam I get seems to be advertising it. Alternatively, can Cryptic add personal keyword filters so I can add it myself?
Lt. Commander
# 174
06-08-2010, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMDestra
Hey All,
The Report Spam functionality is for reporting real money transaction spammers only. Remember, the GMs still review the reports that are generated when you use this functionality, so every time you report someone, we see your name and the line of chat you reported as spam. This means that abuse is very clear. If you see or hear of players abusing it, there is no need to let us know; we will see the automatic reports as they come.

Abusing the system will result in severe penalties against your account. With great power comes great responsibility. Your cooperation is required to fight against the spammers, so please do your part and only use it for legitimate reasons.
I think the REPORT SPAM function is great! I have personally been a victim of abuse, however, and don't really know why - I wasn't even doing anything worth ignoring - I just agreed with someone that the accolade notifications shoudl be able to be moved, or turned off (not the accolades themselves).

I think that perhaps it would be a good idea to have a notification in game stating exactly what is said above by GMDestra, what it is for and that if it is abused there will be penalties, with an accept/decline selection to go along with it. I can tell you firsthand that being silenced for 24 hours stinks!
Lt. Commander
# 175
06-18-2010, 09:23 AM
Every time when I think it's gone, it comes back. Somehow I get the feeling it is related to what I post her in this forum.
Will it ever stop, or do I just have to go away?

Ticket ID #893,644
Lt. Commander
# 176
06-18-2010, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1tty
Every time when I think it's gone, it comes back. Somehow I get the feeling it is related to what I post her in this forum.
Well, if things typically worked that way, then I'd probably get silenced pretty often since I don't exactly put popularity before my personal beliefs when it comes to taking a stance on a forum topic.

I think you may be ignoring the obvious or simplest theory - that the problem you're frequently running into might have something to do with how you use the chat channels in game. As I rarely pay attention to zone chat, I couldn't give you examples. But clearly you are upsetting enough people to trip the the spam tool.

Now, while it's true it could be a case of the same group of people harassing you repeatedly, if this were really the case don't you think Cryptic would have noticed that the same group of players are misusing the report-spam button repeatedly and, in turn, taken action against them y this point? What if, instead, it's an entirely different group of people behind every case of you get silenced? If true, you might want to reexamine how you use general chat.

Something to think about, as obviously the problem isn't going to fix itself.
Lt. Commander
# 177
06-19-2010, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMaster View Post
Just give them a channel for Fleet recruiting, and make them use it.

The same could be said for 'trade'. I imagine there are folks who have been whacked by the silence hammer for posting 'WTS <item>' in zone as well.
This. We need specific Chat Channels and filters for these things.

Oh, and for Gold Farmers in specific... the devs should be monitoring people who regularly trade large sums of credits. Flagging frequent traders and reviewing their interactions.

And since it's known that Gold Sellers like to drive up Exchange prices by buying all cheap/reasonably priced items and instantly re-listing them at vastly inflated prices you might want to flag people who do this too. Maybe you should even try implementing a system that wouldn't be hospitable to them, such as where an item purchased off the Exchange can't be re-listed on it for a set period of time, a week for instance.
Lt. Commander
# 178
06-22-2010, 09:38 PM
this is so dumb i better hear what penalties get put on who ever reported me cus someone randomly did i i hardly said anything for like a half hour much less something bad i personally h8 this system unless the penalties for ppl who misuse it r very severe because now i cant talk for 24 HRS even though i did nothing like WTFF this system= dumbest idea ever ever heard of using the system where ppl hwo actually spamm r just reported and a moderator who should b on at all time just ban hammers their @ss instead of letting every jack@ss just b able to mute ppl for a whole day durrr
Lt. Commander
# 179
06-25-2010, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarodDempsey View Post
this is so dumb i better hear what penalties get put on who ever reported me cus someone randomly did i i hardly said anything for like a half hour much less something bad i personally h8 this system unless the penalties for ppl who misuse it r very severe because now i cant talk for 24 HRS even though i did nothing like WTFF this system= dumbest idea ever ever heard of using the system where ppl hwo actually spamm r just reported and a moderator who should b on at all time just ban hammers their @ss instead of letting every jack@ss just b able to mute ppl for a whole day durrr
the irony of it all....
Closed Thread