Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Unable to connect
03-18-2010, 01:58 PM
Sorry if this is in the wrong section.......not sure where else to post this

For some reason, STO will not load at all today for me. It worked fine yesterday, for both myself and my parents (I know it's cool that my 'rents play too!) but it will not load now.

I click to load the launcher, but it comes up with the Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate box in the top right of my screen and says "Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient. Tried connecting 1 time." I've been patent all day, that never changes. I've checked my internet, there's nothing wrong there. I'm having no other issues anywhere else, so please, can someone explain why it is that this is happening?

The only thing I can think is that there is connecting issues as there was a big update today, and lots of people are trying to download it at the same time....but no-one else seems to be having issues.

If anyone can help us out in this, we'd be most appreciating

Many thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-18-2010, 02:09 PM
Okay, nevermind. After being unable to connect all day, I've just managed to get on.

Randomly started up after 13 hours of attempts.
Lt. Commander
# 3 Not connect --- AT ALL!
03-18-2010, 02:35 PM
I have been trying to play this game for over a month. It told me I did not have time on this game (which surprised me, as most games give you time with the software [such as WoW and ***]). So, I purchased a gamecard (and spent the berrer part of two days figuring out how to load it!). Finally, I loaded the gamecard, and started the game. When I start the launcher, it says "Server Up". The, when I start the game, it says "Server Down". I have contacted Cryptic several times, but only get automated replies --- each time, the same one! I have never gotten any real help from them, and the time on my gamecard is running out. WILL SOMEONE HELP ME?
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-18-2010, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arillane View Post
I have been trying to play this game for over a month. It told me I did not have time on this game (which surprised me, as most games give you time with the software [such as WoW and ***]). So, I purchased a gamecard (and spent the berrer part of two days figuring out how to load it!). Finally, I loaded the gamecard, and started the game. When I start the launcher, it says "Server Up". The, when I start the game, it says "Server Down". I have contacted Cryptic several times, but only get automated replies --- each time, the same one! I have never gotten any real help from them, and the time on my gamecard is running out. WILL SOMEONE HELP ME?
You do not have a retail product on your account, which is required in order to play. Your game card gives you time on the game, but it still requires a retail purchase.

Alternately, if you are given a trail or buddy key you can try out the game for a short period of time. After that, you would still need to purchase a retail copy of the game.

Please submit a Billing Support ticket at http://www.startrekonline.com/support/billing if you are having difficulty, and they can assist you.
Lt. Commander
# 5 What the --- ?
03-24-2010, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Litana
You do not have a retail product on your account, which is required in order to play. Your game card gives you time on the game, but it still requires a retail purchase.

Alternately, if you are given a trail or buddy key you can try out the game for a short period of time. After that, you would still need to purchase a retail copy of the game.

Please submit a Billing Support ticket at http://www.startrekonline.com/support/billing if you are having difficulty, and they can assist you.
I am not sure I understand you. What do you mean by a "retail product"? I specifically requested a new issued game to avoid such purposes, and I thought I got one! Or am I wrong?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-24-2010, 06:58 PM
Quote:
I am not sure I understand you. What do you mean by a "retail product"? I specifically requested a new issued game to avoid such purposes, and I thought I got one! Or am I wrong?
I see no support tickets on your account at all. If you are submitting them from a different account or a different email address, I can't find them. Again, please submit a Billing Support ticket for this at the address I gave above. We can't do Billing support in a public forum due to privacy concerns.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-24-2010, 07:27 PM
Quote:
game card = Subscription = time allowed to play

game code = purchased the game (digitally downloaded or from a retailer)

those are two different things, if you have not done both, you're not going to get in to play. if you have done both, you need to contact support for help. I'd go with billing support and call them myself.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-25-2010, 06:53 PM
Thanx! The game finally seems to be working! (Duh!)
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-25-2010, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Faolan View Post
Sorry if this is in the wrong section.......not sure where else to post this

For some reason, STO will not load at all today for me. It worked fine yesterday, for both myself and my parents (I know it's cool that my 'rents play too!) but it will not load now.

I click to load the launcher, but it comes up with the Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate box in the top right of my screen and says "Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient. Tried connecting 1 time." I've been patent all day, that never changes. I've checked my internet, there's nothing wrong there. I'm having no other issues anywhere else, so please, can someone explain why it is that this is happening?

The only thing I can think is that there is connecting issues as there was a big update today, and lots of people are trying to download it at the same time....but no-one else seems to be having issues.

If anyone can help us out in this, we'd be most appreciating

Many thanks

this issues is happening to me as well is there a fix other then waiting it out currently at 67 tries w/o sucess