Lt. Commander
This is true. Each corner generator has a green health bar and if it goes down to 0, it just destroys that generator. This is different to the Progress bar that shows up when you upload the virus.

If a corner generator is destroyed it means there is NO MORE TIMER. If whole group dies, force field around generator will respawn, but the generator itself wont. So if you destroy generator, you just have to lower the force field next time, you dont upload anything and the timer doesnt run.

Question is what is doing damage to corner generators. You just cant lower force field, upload virus and shoot it, but it somehow takes damage over time. It can be just taking damage from virus uploading, meaning the groups that cant make it in time will eventually upload so many virus that it will destroy generators. Or it can be triggered by other action like AoE damage or killing tactical drones around that generator maybe. I still dont know what does damage to the generators and lowers their health bar, if someone finds out though, can be interesting.

What I want to say is that maybe there is initial (and probably easier) way to summon queen. That the Progress bar isnt here for people to jumpall over place trying to lower 4 forcefields in a little time. But that the Progress bar is here to destroy the particular generator and then the group should move to another.

If someone knows about what does damage corner generators, post here. I was in group that wasnt fast enough to make it in time and we ran in circles, and suddenly we realized the generators are getting destroyed, but still dont know what exactly damaged them... and their health bar was going down evidently.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-18-2010, 08:43 PM
Interesting.

Could be related to a Rather Abnormal Discovery Destroying Obnoxiously Tediously the main Borg Generator that I made.

It would be quite a painstakingly long and arduous process, but I suppose no more so than failing and restarting the jumping portion countless times.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-19-2010, 12:20 AM
how much did it go down. I would be willing to go with your group to further test your theory. 5-9 people pew,pewing the generator may make it go boom.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-19-2010, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
how much did it go down. I would be willing to go with your group to further test your theory. 5-9 people pew,pewing the generator may make it go boom.
We managed to destroy three generators, but took alot time (and we didnt focus on destroying them, it was a coincidence we found this out). As I said we were running in circles trying to lower all four force fields, but couldnt do in time. After a while first generator was destroyed, and then the next two followed short after. I would like to test it more as well, although I am at start now again after killing queen, but wont take long to get back there.

In the end we were left with just one generator remaining and thus summoned queen instantly without worrying about timer. However you still have to lower force field around generator even if generator is destroyed, just the timer doesnt run.

If we can find the thing that damages generators in Progress, it will make the last room much easier than it currently is. Just PM me with your in-game name and we can test it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-19-2010, 11:25 AM
Being able to destroy the corner nodes is a bug. I have already fixed it for the upcoming patch however I would avoid trying to do it on purpose. If you destory them and the room resets you will have no way to lower the center shield and destroy the generator...

Which means, you would have to start that entire part of the mission over again.

Gozer
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-19-2010, 09:53 PM
If destroying the generators is a bug rather than a feature. Perhaps we need something else instead. Maybe a 5 minute timer instead of 4? The room is just a little bit TOO unforgiving.

Edit: Also. AHA! Proof that devs DO post in this forum. Please show some love to those of us that were in some way put off by the mission "Divide et Impera". It's one of the longest threads in this forum. Thanks guys, later.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-20-2010, 08:23 PM
just read the dev chat that the Prophet of Pain (Gozer) gave and you guys are in for lots of hurt: http://www.mmocrunch.com/2010/03/20/...line-dev-chat/

Thank the deity that I am not a raid freak...sounds like the only cheering will be from dentists after all the teeth gnashing

This might put a crimp in all the noise about having a heavy "death penalty"
Lt. Commander
# 8 Just wow
03-21-2010, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
Being able to destroy the corner nodes is a bug. I have already fixed it for the upcoming patch however I would avoid trying to do it on purpose. If you destory them and the room resets you will have no way to lower the center shield and destroy the generator...

Which means, you would have to start that entire part of the mission over again.

Gozer
I really wonder how many man hours have been wasted on building these exponentially harder, buggy missions that perhaps 1% of the playerbase will complete, all early in the game's development when there are lots and lots of things that could have been done by those men during those hours that would have benefitted tens of thousands more players. Anyone you have working on these things could have been doing more to help your game than they are doing now.

You ask us to play these and hope than no one quits or has to leave over several hours, or else we've just experienced utter failure. You intentionally added utter failure to a game that did not have it. You buff monsters and nerf player abilities to make it harder; but that's just the easy way out. I can make mobs have a million hit points and the players have 100 and it will be really hard but that's not good game design.

All this, then bugs that end the mission for people who spent hours, all for loot that isn't as good as I can get doing the normal difficulty level stuff. You guys wasted your time on these, and are wasting the time of many players who have had to quit because their team couldn't stay together for 4 hours straight and no one from outside could replace them.

Frankly I'm angry at you guys over these new raids, and if they're that hard, why only 5 people? At least if it were a large scale raid the team could survive the loss of a teammate or two; right now they have to quit.

Maybe you plan to have the difficutly slider work on these so some people can do them on easy and at least experience the content you've spent tons of man hours working on? Because otherwise you've diverted yourself from content for everyone to spend your time working for 1%.

I have 3 skill capped characters and have completed everything in your game except these raids, yet right now I see no good reason to gamble hours of my time on the hope that no one will quit no matter how long it takes. How big a percentage of your players will actually play that way? How many will rage quit? How many will quit because you spent your time doing this instead of content for everyone? Whoever made these design and upgrade decisions was wrong.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tykeng
just read the dev chat that the Prophet of Pain (Gozer) gave and you guys are in for lots of hurt: http://www.mmocrunch.com/2010/03/20/...line-dev-chat/

Thank the deity that I am not a raid freak...sounds like the only cheering will be from dentists after all the teeth gnashing

This might put a crimp in all the noise about having a heavy "death penalty"
So Infected is a 2/10 difficulty and we have 8 more levels of difficulty to go according to that chat. This is insane. At this point in development to go for content exponentially harder (and far, far harder than Infected coming!) than the game we bought, without the new content for everyone. This is what we get. It's just sad really; I believe they will lose more subscriptions to people who don't want to play that way and have nothing left to do than they will keep of people who will only stay if the game can become far, far harder than it was. This is where the man hours go now. If this is what we can expect for the future of the game as a whole I wont be playing it. And I already paid for a lifetime sub, so who's the sucker now? Me, and Gozer is at the heart of making one out of me.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-21-2010, 07:24 PM
Please don't turn this game into WOW!!!!

I am a casual gamer and after all the WOW drama and babysitting I like to game alone and interact with people on the starbases. Look at the CE mess. let people group if they want to and scale everything, but forcing me to group to do "raidisodes ' will shelf this game pretty quick for me.

I liked hellgate london, and I enjoyed how the crafting worked there. I could group for a boss for a better loot rate chance drop, but I didn't have too. I am so frustrated I am logging off and watching TV instaed