Lt. Commander
# 1 way too random racials for BOs
03-18-2010, 02:59 PM
Hi, meet Alisha, the Starfleet engineer, who applied to my crew today.
"Epic human! Woohoo." Leadership and Teamwork ftw. So I thought.
And what are her superior racials? Creativity and Covert.

Gimme a break.
Creativity is of no use to a BO, as far as I know. And considering how silly BOs use melee and stealth, Covert is of no use either. Not to mention, that engineers don't even have stealth.
Thanks for applying, don't call us, we will call you.

What gives here? Why can't these two useless skills be removed from the pool of available BO racials already?
It's not like we can get an unlimited amount of epic BOs via doing quests.
You get BOs like Alisha? Then pray, that someone sells a good one in the Exchange.

(Would be great, if that was the exception, but most of the BOs I got were useless.)
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-18-2010, 03:41 PM
I just had to laugh when I got a rare boff (Andorian I believe) that had Cold Dwelling and Superior Cold Dwelling. 2 traits that (at the time) did absolutely nothing. Yes, Cold Dwelling is being changed to reduce the effects of slow or somesuch, but do I really need a boff with 2 traits that do this?

Yes, please, remove the "Covert" traits from non-tactical boffs, they cannot benefit from it at all.

It would be helpful if, instead of just throwing one randomly-generated boff at us, we got to choose from a small set. It would lower the chances of someone getting something completely ridiculous.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-07-2010, 04:46 AM
Yeah, what should I response to this? Simply: As I am annoyed by the very same issue, I couldn't agree more!
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-07-2010, 05:26 AM
I think it would be really really nice if you could get more than just common BO's from Sol. Make them cost 10k merits but seriously why can't we get BO's meant for our level? Purple BO's arn't very rare, they just were recieved at a higher level than the blues and greens.

My Engineer has yet to get a single engineer applicant and I'm already getting blue BO's. It's very frustrating that I have to fill out my Engineering roster with BO's with all basic traits because I randomly got screwed by the system. (I have about 4 science and 2 tactical's sitting in my waiting list atm)

~D