Lt. Commander
# 1 When is it time for Klingons?
03-18-2010, 03:37 PM
Its been asked over and over again at Klingon section of the forum and there has not been any kind of attention seen from any developer. The question on most klingons are when is it our turn to get the primary attention? I keep hearing over and over again how it was never ment to have Klingons at launch, but it was, and it is in game and gamers are suffering. When do we get to hear from the developers that they care, that they are doing things for us and not only for the federation players.

I checked out the new patch stuff and from what I could see we got a cruiser some star clusters and crums from the federation table. There was no talk of joined Klingon/trill. There was no talk about putting in more than a fraction of a crum opf PvE for Klingons so they do not HAVE to rely on PvP to level up.

I play both sides and its is easier by far to level up a federation character than it is klingon, the differenec is staggering, as a Klingon you basically either have to grind same mobs over and over again until your eyes bleed or you have to wait for 20-30 minutes for a PvP game that will last 5-10 minutes and give you at max 150 points.

It is time for Klingons to get attention and to get their base levelling areas up as well so we do not have to rely on PvP. Which btw since federation players do not have to PvP is very limited and since Klingons players are dropping off even the KvK matches are no longer viable options for levelling.

I would like for a developer to step up, grab the torch and tell us exacly whats up and why it is taking so long for something to get to us.

Im all ears...
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-18-2010, 03:41 PM
Klingons = red headed step child
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-18-2010, 03:42 PM
yes, adding a joined trill race to the klingon faction is going to save it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-18-2010, 03:48 PM
Finishing, or improving the Klingon gameplay beyond it's current pre-beta state is going to save it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-18-2010, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenSorce View Post
Finishing, or improving the Klingon gameplay beyond it's current pre-beta state is going to save it.
Everyone here knows that off duty uniforms are going to save STO. :p
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-18-2010, 03:56 PM
Not really surprised by the continued lack of love shown to the klingon side. I guess we have to wait and see for season 2 patch, to see wether Cryptic is serious about fixing the klingon side....
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-18-2010, 03:58 PM
Mr OP.... by your avatar there, i would assume you are a fed player. so, umm why the interest in helping us?
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-18-2010, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpface View Post
Not really surprised by the continued lack of love shown to the klingon side. I guess we have to wait and see for season 2 patch, to see wether Cryptic is serious about fixing the klingon side....
Continued lack of love? The bulk of the actual content (yes its copy and pasted but its more like an appetizer before they can finish the meal) coming out in Common Ground is for Klingons.

1.) Klingons were never meant to be PVE. But the playerbase demanded it (and they had every right to). So now they need to go back and rebuild it.
2.) Actual content different from FED content will take time...not over night, not 55 days after release. Sorry if your the type of person that always got what they wanted right then and there. But not everything in this world works that way. And do go down that route "well they shouldnt of released it with prebeta content". Refer to #1 for my response to that type of statement.
3.) Devs are definitely giving Klingons attention. Just not able to rush out actual decent content like its some kindof meal that you only need to spend 5 minutes on....

You want Content? Well stop crying for it, get in tribble...test for bugs, brainstorm and throw some ideas at the Devs. Unfortunately for them, they cant speak for the Community when it comes to what we want in our content. We have to help them out in that area. And just screaming "I WANT CONTENT AND I WANT NOW". Isnt helping anyone. Especially yourself.

You notice how the FED side is starting to quiet down when it comes to this type of topic simply because those just screaming and not putting forth an effort to help improve the game are moving on. And those actually critical of the game but willing to put thought into what we want to see are being specific.

You want Klingons to get the love the FEDs got. Its pretty simple, act like you deserve it first, and be a bit more patient as there is content rolling out, but its going to be slow and its going to be a trickle for the first few months. Im sure July, well see plenty of content for the Klingons. Which personally I cant wait for because aside from the lack of slots the only thing keeping me away from rolling a Klingon is actual lack of content. At that point Ill be running around Qo'noS screaming "Qapla! Cryptic Has Brought Honor to the Klingons!"
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-18-2010, 05:19 PM
After getting out of a scheduling meeting today I can give a quick update on this.

Klingon PVE episodes have been confirmed to be in the Season Two update plan and the design pod is starting work on the content next week. Season Two is scheduled to be released this summer. It is a decent amount of content so will take some time to make it cool.

I'll be tracking this content as we get closer via the Engineering Report forum. Keep in mind that schedules are always subject to change - but hopefully this will give you an idea.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-18-2010, 05:21 PM
There needs to be a Klingon version of the tribble with Klingons mission. You must beam down and eradicate the tribble eco-menace created by Amarr Singh and his genetic experiments.