Lt. Commander
# 1 System R-603 Q Relief Effort
03-18-2010, 03:40 PM
I'm in Delta Volanis Cluster doing the "System R-603 Q Relief Effort" mission. Thing is, the chap on the planet says he wants 10 medical supplies, but then that's all that happens. No beam down options, no details of what to do next to actually deliver the supplies.

Has anyone had experience of this mission?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-18-2010, 04:41 PM
you have to go get what thay want and take it back to that planet, what you need can be bought at a vender, do not know if you can get it from the replicator on your ship.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-18-2010, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
you have to go get what thay want and take it back to that planet, what you need can be bought at a vender, do not know if you can get it from the replicator on your ship.
You can't. The various cargo ships sometimes sell them, however, and vendors at Earth Spacedock do as well.

The way I do this missions, is wait until I've got 3-4 Aid missions, do a run back to Earth and pick up all the supplies they need, then deliver them all in bulk.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-18-2010, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoxe
You can't. The various cargo ships sometimes sell them, however, and vendors at Earth Spacedock do as well.

The way I do this missions, is wait until I've got 3-4 Aid missions, do a run back to Earth and pick up all the supplies they need, then deliver them all in bulk.
That's a good way to go with them, Phoxe. I honestly haven't had one of the Aid missions offered since I started carrying at least 10 of each commodity in my inventory. It seems odd, but I don't question it because I don't care for that particular mission (still looking forward to the revamping of them you guys have planned, though).

Although, I know the minute I remove some or all of them from my inventory, they'll probably start popping back up for me, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-18-2010, 06:05 PM
Quote:

I used to do that, until I realized how much EC I was dumping into these missions for half to a quarter of the skillpoints from the rest of the mission types (aside from gather data, those give nothing at all). It would be nice if they at least gave you an uncommon item as a token of appreciation... with the rare chance of getting a boff.

I thought that's what the aid missions were actually for. Getting rare and special boffs. Since its impossible to get any more boffs outside the exchange once you've reached RA5, it would make sense to get them this way.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-19-2010, 12:26 AM
I don't do them for the simple fact that this is unexplored space, no federation ship has ever been there before. Yet these aliens call you out of the blue, know who you are and want things from you without letting you land and investigae them.
For all you know this could be a hidden base of the mordsith and they just need 10 shield generators to complete their new Death Star.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-19-2010, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
Thanks. I presume once I have those items in my hold it will prompt me with an action to beam them down or something similar.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-19-2010, 07:09 AM
Quote:

I just drop this kind of mission when I get one and move on. Not really worth the hassle and cost.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-21-2010, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Thanks. I presume once I have those items in my hold it will prompt me with an action to beam them down or something similar.
Pretty much, whenever you have 10 "whatevers" you click the "Deliver" button and that's it, mission done.

Also, I'm pretty sure they don't have to be in your inventory to do it...you can keep the commodoties in your Bank.