Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
I'm posting this here because it happens to me on both Live, and Tribble.

When doing exploration missions in B'tran, or in Delta Volanis (on holodeck, so I can do the Outreach missions), I am never offered an "Aid the Planet" mission. I can't remember the last time I *was* offered one - I've certainly never been offered one at RA5.

I can't believe my luck is that "good". I'm starting to wonder if my character (and my character copied to Tribble) are bugged somehow, that I never get offered Aid missions. Unlikely, I know, but I can't figure it out.

Bugged it, just in case - #824,534.

Anyone else have this (not) happen?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-19-2010, 04:04 AM
Spent another few hours today doing exploration missions in B'Tran, and visiting unknown systems in Delta Volanis, and I was still never offered any Aid the Planet missions. There has to be something wrong with my char, both on live and on Tribble.... i can't believe my luck is that bad.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-19-2010, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightionNY View Post
I'm posting this here because it happens to me on both Live, and Tribble.

When doing exploration missions in B'tran, or in Delta Volanis (on holodeck, so I can do the Outreach missions), I am never offered an "Aid the Planet" mission. I can't remember the last time I *was* offered one - I've certainly never been offered one at RA5.

I can't believe my luck is that "good". I'm starting to wonder if my character (and my character copied to Tribble) are bugged somehow, that I never get offered Aid missions. Unlikely, I know, but I can't figure it out.

Bugged it, just in case - #824,534.

Anyone else have this (not) happen?
I get them a lot more on live than test atm - but then again on test with the reward improvements they may have cut down on the instances which you can get one (on test I had to visit 13 systems before getting one... and then getting the next one took me 40 minutes... lost count on the systems I visited...)

Got 4 last night alone in B-Trans live... I've begin to pocket these missions for when Season 1.1 comes out to get in some quick wins

Maybe we'll trade at SB01... I offer you two Aid the Planets for for a working Eneny Confrontation (0/6)? hehe
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-19-2010, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximvs Decimvs
I get them a lot more on live than test atm - but then again on test with the reward improvements they may have cut down on the instances which you can get one (on test I had to visit 13 systems before getting one... and then getting the next one took me 40 minutes... lost count on the systems I visited...)

Got 4 last night alone in B-Trans live... I've begin to pocket these missions for when Season 1.1 comes out to get in some quick wins

Maybe we'll trade at SB01... I offer you two Aid the Planets for for a working Eneny Confrontation (0/6)? hehe
Heh... I still get empty Secure System missions - been bugging them.

I really think my character is bugged somehow. I am *never* offered them on either server.
Lt. Commander
The last Aid Planet mission I was offered was System H-426H Relief Effort on 2/3/2010, and since then, by my count, I have done 428 Exploration missions in the 10 different Exploration regions without being offered another (this total does not including missions that were dropped or bugged, none of which were Aid Planet missions).

Since the new patch and changes to the Aid planet mission I tried clearing all missions from my list and revisiting all the clusters in the hopes it might be a stuck "flag" as postulated by dstahl in post #23 of this thread:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=153631

Bug report # 846,709
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-04-2010, 11:02 AM
My post from another section .. I was asked to come here and add it.

I have spent an ungodly amount of time on this .. so what is the freaking secret?

Frankly I am FEDup with the amount of bugs ... I am really disenchanted with the game.

Quote:

Aid the Planet ... never got one yet and I spent a lot of time on this boys/girls.

I went to all three sources of info .. all three locations. Bought 50 of Everything available. Spent over 24 man hours in all three Clusters.

Never once have I gotten an Aid the Planet mission. Now there are so many players running around in the clusters its a race to the next anomaly....

Its ridiculous the amount of time I've spent to complete this missions. If rank has anything to do with things.. then I should not have been given/offered the mission if not the proper rank or over the intended rank.

I think its BROKE .. and just another CRYPTIC Bug injection into the game. I often question if these things are really tested. Tribble? Too many bugs in the game.. far too many. The trouble with Tribble...

So then I think.. maybe its the order of things. Maybe I have to do these in some sort of order.. so I'll do the first one and stick to it.. We will keep slugging it out for Delta Volanis... so I've done at least 24 missions... no AtP missions yet!!

So what is the big secret to getting an AtP mission?

Things you are never told:
>> Does the mission start as an AtP missions where its OBVIOUS you have an AtP mission? Or does it start like any missions and you don't know until you get into it. ?? Should I keep going from one Anom to another until I see a BILLBOARD that says: Aid the Planet mission in HERE.
>> Can you run Explore the DV mission at the same time so you can at least get some credit for all that time looking for an Aid the Planet mission?
>> Do you have to explore the DV without any other missions running in order to get an AtP missions?
>> Do you have to have the proper items in Inventory to get that AtP missions?
>> Can you have the items in your 'bank' ready to go .. and get the AiP mission?
>> If you do get an AtP missions.. and you have no items at all .. can you leave and return to that mission when you do have the proper items .. and amounts?

I am totally frustrated with how one has to 'fight' for information on many of the missions.... this is but one more to add to the list. Is this another Big Dig?

Lt. Commander
# 7
05-04-2010, 11:04 AM
When I didn't care to do them, I got them all the time. Now I can't even get one a day.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-07-2010, 04:38 PM
I have a RA5 and last time he had an aid mission he was Lt Cmdr.

I've spent hours trying to do aid the planet and not getting an aid mission and it's becoming very frustrating.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-07-2010, 04:47 PM
The last Aid the Planet mission I got was right after 1.1. After that, I haven't gotten any since.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-07-2010, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightionNY View Post
I am never offered an "Aid the Planet" mission
Be glad, they suck ( my view ), But yes, if they never "give" them to you, I would /bug it, anyway. is the missions still bugged, as in the planet never acepting the res?