Lt. Commander
# 1 A oops you made
03-18-2010, 05:52 PM
Ok captian Nero having a borg/romulan ship was just incorrect, i didnt mind it when i related to a few ingame episodes, but now its becoming the core of the questline. If you watch Star Trek 2009, during the interogation of Captian Pike, Captian Nero explains that in the future his ship is a SIMPLE MINNING VESSEL. So could someone please explain to me why on earth, cryptic has made all these episodes/history, based on the fact that Captian Neros ship was a borg/Romulan Hybrid, when in fact it was not.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-18-2010, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworoth View Post
Ok captian Nero having a borg/romulan ship was just incorrect, i didnt mind it when i related to a few ingame episodes, but now its becoming the core of the questline. If you watch Star Trek 2009, during the interogation of Captian Pike, Captian Nero explains that in the future his ship is a SIMPLE MINNING VESSEL. So could someone please explain to me why on earth, cryptic has made all these episodes/history, based on the fact that Captian Neros ship was a borg/Romulan Hybrid, when in fact it was not.
It's not Cryptic that came up with the idea. It's published material.

The Narada was a simple mining vessel. Very thoroughly past-tense. The Countdown comic series explains the leadup to Nero and Spock's temporal displacement and shows the Narada being augmented by the Tal Shiar using Borg technology in the wake of the destruction of Romulus.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-19-2010, 02:43 AM
Bah that still makes no sense. The crew in the film were dressed up as minners not some Romulan crew, and the Tal Shiar was wiped out during the Dominion War. Not to mention the fact that the Tal Shiar being wiped out contributed most likely to a Reman becoming Pretor in the first place. Oh well its a major stretch and thats all i got to say.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-19-2010, 02:46 AM
Quote:
Bah that still makes no sense. The crew in the film were dressed up as minners not some Romulan crew, and the Tal Shiar was wiped out during the Dominion War. Not to mention the fact that the Tal Shiar being wiped out contributed most likely to a Reman becoming Pretor in the first place. Oh well its a major stretch and thats all i got to say.
Well, it's not Cryptic's stretch.

And the Tal Shiar was around and kicking after the failed bombardment of the Founders' homeworld - Section 31 even manipulated Bashir into infiltrating it for them.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-19-2010, 01:06 PM
True it would seem not to be cryptic, i guess you learn something new everyday.
"Section 31 even manipulated Bashir into infiltrating it for them."
If that was a DS9 episode i must have missed that one, its so darn hard to find a station that shows ds9 at a good time.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-19-2010, 02:16 PM
Quote:
True it would seem not to be cryptic, i guess you learn something new everyday.
"Section 31 even manipulated Bashir into infiltrating it for them."
If that was a DS9 episode i must have missed that one, its so darn hard to find a station that shows ds9 at a good time.
Yeah, it was some plot to... well actually it's a pretty big spoiler.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-19-2010, 02:48 PM
Why would anyone put Borg tech on a mining vessel? -.-

Yay we can mine faster now! ... lets hope we dont get assimilated and turn all Romulans into Borg.
Ah well its worth the chance. Otherwise we might have to build another normal mining vessel so we fulfill our quotas.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-19-2010, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberlerchner123 View Post
Why would anyone put Borg tech on a mining vessel? -.-

Yay we can mine faster now! ... lets hope we dont get assimilated and turn all Romulans into Borg.
Ah well its worth the chance. Otherwise we might have to build another normal mining vessel so we fulfill our quotas.
More of a case of "have lemon, make FIERY ACID LEMONADE!!"

The base Nero went to didn't even really know if any of the Romulan fleet survived, if there had been any enemy incursions, etc, and the Borg tech module was basically "instant doomship - just add hull" so they figured that this guy seemed to be pretty on top of things for a miner (and also one of the higher-ups in the Mining Guild anyway) and gave him emergency kickass revenge powers.

Hey, it wasn't my idea.