Lt. Commander
# 21
01-29-2009, 12:43 PM
That warp core is cool and massive. Question tho. Why does it show things glowing around it tho hehehe should be inside the core? Verge of a warp core breach hehe. Its a cool image tho one of the best shots yet.

Cannot wait to visit it. Please show us a klingon version so i can practice my aim when i board a klingon ship to fire directly at the warp core of theirs. I need details muhahahaha
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-29-2009, 12:47 PM
You know, I see all the positive stuff and many of you know that I'm very pro "the graphics direction" that STO has. However, I can't help but dislike the warp core design. I love the color purple, but that just looks so... fake. I think it's just the way it glows, but that, to me, looks more cartoony then the other shots I've seen.
Weird I know.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-29-2009, 12:59 PM
another great pix . keep up the great work.

ive been looking at the warp core. to me it looks like its 1 of 2 possiblities. 1) a fed research facility, 2) thats what the inside of the klingon carrier will look like.
Lt. Commander
# 24 Purple?
01-29-2009, 01:07 PM
It's weird, LordDave, but I have the complete opposite opinion that you have. I like the warp core shot, but I hate the purple color. Funny how 1 photo can polarize opinions like that...
Anyway, I think the screen shots have been getting better and better from the beginning, and these latest 3 are great examples of it. The Miranda class ship (besides the re-use of the registry number NX 91001) looks good, the Klingon ship and asteroids look fantastic, and the warp core shot just gets me excited to play the game. I just wish it was blue. Oh well, still going to be fun to play I'm sure.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-29-2009, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDave View Post
You know, I see all the positive stuff and many of you know that I'm very pro "the graphics direction" that STO has. However, I can't help but dislike the warp core design. I love the color purple, but that just looks so... fake. I think it's just the way it glows, but that, to me, looks more cartoony then the other shots I've seen.
Weird I know.
While I don't agree that it is "cartoony" the game Evil Genius does come to mind here... I think it is the guy in the lab coat hunched over the terminal that does it
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-29-2009, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDave View Post
Weird I know.
Your playing I hope...
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-29-2009, 01:32 PM
I'm going to agree that it's either some kind of testing facility or it's on an older ship (because of it's less-than-kempt apperance).

Anyhow, I like it.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-29-2009, 01:57 PM
I have to say I do not like the feel of this new warp core picture. It works... but at the same time... it doesn't. It does not really have that good ol' star trek feel of a ship... perhaps of a research facility... but not a ship. It does have that feeling though when it comes to strange new technologies that Star Trek is used to seeing. I do hope that this is not a ship.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-29-2009, 02:04 PM
Good job cryptic. Every pic look good to me .
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-29-2009, 02:05 PM
Purty!

I'm interested in seeing how the character models will look in these enviroments. (I'm guessing they'll have been updated since the Trill was shown.)

Oh, and now I'm really expecting phaser rifles to look good for the first time ever.
Closed Thread