Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-19-2010, 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UJIE View Post

RAGING FLAME:

Thank you for your input. I shall meditate upon what you have stated.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-19-2010, 01:55 AM
I'm westcoast of USA and my ISP is Comcast. No limits here that I am aware of. If there is one I've never hit it, and I surf the web, play lots of online video games, download entire games, patches, and watch youtube vids. I even watch tv on HULU quite a bit.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-19-2010, 01:55 AM
I say this with no sarcasm whatsoever:

You want a hug? Because when STO wasn't the dream I was hoping for I wanted a hug, and there was no one around.

*Opens arms* Come on....let's hug it out!
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-19-2010, 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH2010
I still do not get how downloading less than 200 megs made him go over his limit.
Its not. Seems the OP presumes because FILES patched amount to 2GBs that he's downloading 2GB. It states the size of the download as its running. The download was less than 200MBs for sure.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-19-2010, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattypuppet
I'm westcoast of USA and my ISP is Comcast. No limits here that I am aware of. If there is one I've never hit it, and I surf the web, play lots of online video games, download entire games, patches, and watch youtube vids. I even watch tv on HULU quite a bit.
They do have a limit, but it is so absurdly high, you have no worries. You would have to be downloading like a maniac to reach it.
http://www.comcast.net/terms/network/amendment/
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-19-2010, 01:59 AM
can i have your lifetime
Lt. Commander
# 17 Okaaayyy...
03-19-2010, 02:03 AM
I for one, am a Trekkie. Let me start there. Now to continue... I am a Trekkie, and one thing Trek has taught me is that blindly spending one's resources is... Can anyone guess? Illogical. As is blind trust. Does that mean that I do not support Cryptic? No. Does that mean that I will quit once my 30days are up? Nope. What does it mean, get on with it!?! It simply means that I will not invest a Lifetime Subscription Fee when I can just as easily pay each month and if the game fails (Due to whatever reason) or I can no longer afford to play, Then I don't have to worry about getting ripped off or losing out.

Okay, enough of that, now my second point... I have heard rumors of Broadband costing money in other countries, but I have never seen it costing anything over what I already pay a month. So I have to ask... Is it just the USA that gets virtually Unlimited Broadband, or is it just me? (Please, I mean it, I might just not get it, but I would love to learn what people are talking about!) And if I am correct, and you are a resident of an other country or some part of the US that this happens to, then allow me to say this... How is that Cryptic's fault? As I recall they are giving the Pre-Patch to lessen the length of the Major Update. So how is your area's Internet Standards the fault of Cryptic?

Okay, enough points made, I believe. Save one... I have seen many people flaming Cryptic and other Trekkies alike; starting off with legitimate opinions and facts, but then soiling their cause and message by needlessly exerting cruel and vicious attacks! Honestly, am I the only one who can bring a point up without getting nasty about it? I encourage you, take from your favorite show (The show that interested you in this game, I might add) and express calm understanding with points expressed and not flamed.

PS
I have to say, I liked how you ended your post with the title of the thread. Poetic, I must say.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-19-2010, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syhn
They do have a limit, but it is so absurdly high, you have no worries. You would have to be downloading like a maniac to reach it.
http://www.comcast.net/terms/network/amendment/
I know in Michigan they were successfully sued because they offered "unlimited internet" then tried to cap it. I know 250 gigs is rediculous (I prob wouldnt download 250 gigs in 6 months) but when you say "unlimited" it should actually be unlimited. So they cannot cap anyone in Michigan which is nice. Why someone would ever download 250 gigs of stuff in a month is beyond me thought.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-19-2010, 02:06 AM
Interestingly enough, the US is pretty much the only country that gets unlimited broadband. Most other countries have caps with overages, though they tend to also have higher broadband penetration, higher speeds, and lower monthly cotsts (so far as you don't go over your cap).

ISPs in the US want to end that free-for-all, though, and will do so if consumers don't fight back. Check out www.broadbandreports.com, they give you a lot of good information regarding this situation.
Lt. Commander
# 20 I see...
03-19-2010, 02:12 AM
Oh... So there are limits. Just rediculously high here in the US... (Note to self: If you want to continue to exist on the Net, do not leave US...)

Oh, and yes I agree... Why the hell can't I move straight up or down? Or at least preform a barrel roll?