Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
03-20-2010, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LnD-Rash View Post
Why is everybody always blabbering about science ships when it comes to subnucleonic beam ? This is a Science Officer Ability and has nothing to do with Science Vessels in general.

The argument about Science Vessels need subnucleonic beam because they lack damage is totally stupid, cause a Science Officer can sit in any Ship he likes.

Damage does not outscale Shields if your setup dosnt lack defensive BO Powers in favor of Offense,CC or Debuff... unless you are hit with Subnuclenic Beam. There are more then enough powers which can make shields extremely tough, even to the point of becoming almost invulnerable against a single opponent... and I'am not talking about Rsp.

Subnucleonic Beam is the only deciding factor in this again.
Sci team stacking and such does do it I suppose but I mean at base and how things go really fast without spell spam. But I rarely go def heavy so need extend shields etc or else twists my viewpoint a bit I guess, have had shields gone in a few seconds sometimes. Games taking ages and team up and gone from game doesn't help either.

I still think shields need a skill for them but dunno with the eps nerf coming. But I barely play due to above reasons and won't roll a klingon without JT so w/e.

On topic more, I've seen it suggested to remove aux boost to SNB that might work out well, it'd still be good then and we'd have damp field and sensor scan still.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-20-2010, 10:11 AM
Quote:
To bad Subnucleonic Beam even blocks out the Shield Redistribution and stops all Weapons from firing.
Actually you can still auto attack sweety but thanks I still drop mines and torps no problem at all and you forgot the part where I say communicate for heals but its ok, framing your comeback in half truth seems to be the way most MMO players forum PVP
and as far as needing a fleet, it helps a friend list helps too but communication is the key. I think this is a Massively Multiplayer Online Game where there are lots of people to play with and team up with and learn from each other. Hence get into a fleet if you want to PVP and win, if the point of pvp is to lose and forum cry then nevermind I am lost at that point.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-20-2010, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook0024
"all feds doing this kind of things." US and THem...stupid...stop thinking that way.

SNB/VM/VM and add what ever other skill the science player is happy with...guess what u can't use ur counter ability, and most likely will be destroyed in 1 sec. Although it is a team match, the likely hood of being in a 1 v 1 ship is also likely, faced against a Science class player, makes Eng and Tact cry.

Add cloak to that mess, and u have an unbeatable ship 1 v1, teams...advantage goes to which side can seize on the situation.
what?
Cloaked or not a fed science vessel can easily disable a cloak for a nice period of time.
my gods please play both types then revisit the discussion.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-20-2010, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akumarev
Actually you can still auto attack sweety but thanks I still drop mines and torps no problem at all and you.
Then we play a different game... I have 5 Weapons on Autofire and after they finish their current salvo they stop to shoot as long as the Subnucleonic Beam is active.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-21-2010, 02:13 AM
Quote:
Then we play a different game... I have 5 Weapons on Autofire and after they finish their current salvo they stop to shoot as long as the Subnucleonic Beam is active.
Also been my experience, but then I only keep my torpedoes on auto fire.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-21-2010, 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolatileSeeker
what?
Cloaked or not a fed science vessel can easily disable a cloak for a nice period of time.
my gods please play both types then revisit the discussion.
...please move on

I play both a RA5 Tactical TOon, and a BG5 Tactical toON

I deleted my RA5 Science tOOn, because it was boring to play, roflpwn everything in my way. "PVE wise" :p

I made an Star Fleet eng, which I am leveling, Wish I had more character slots.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-21-2010, 05:21 AM
The best solution to the rampant crowd control problems is to log off.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-21-2010, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Stig View Post
With VM/FBP/SNB removed or severely neutered how do you expect science captains to survive ? Science doesn't get the offense bonus of tactical, or tanking ability of engineer. Please describe the viable science skills that will help science officers survive or effectively compete without listing tactical or engineering abilities.
How to survive ? Doing all Klingons told me I had to do to survive to their magical powers : Teamplay

Of course it's crap, I'm not serious, but they were.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-21-2010, 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasel
There are some obvious I win combo's that Science officers get and that is causing a huge influx of people looking to use them. This is starting to become a real problem. I do have a science officer Adm5 before you start flamming that bs. DEVS please do something soon!
Wait a second. Are you advocating nerfing Science player characters because *you* are having difficulty countering their attacks ... even though you claim to have a Science character of your own?

My Science character has repeatedly been defeated by groups of Klingon PvPers, yet I don't run to the forums and demand that Klingons be booted from the game or otherwise nerfed.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-21-2010, 05:50 AM
IMO, it's not the Science Officer class itself, just a few very specific things that everyone whines about:

FBP - The return firing is massive, and to top it off, bypasses shields. It's also very specific to Beam weaponry.

SNB - IMO, not much wrong with it. But what makes people hate it so much is that it is used in conjunction with the next one...

VM - An ultra powerful Root & Disable ability. Other games have this, but the balancing factor against such a powerful ability is that they usually break on damage. For some weird reason, Cryptic missed that memo. Having such a powerful disabling effect last such a long time and NOT break on damage is mindboggling. A few suggestions for VM:
- Keep long, powerful effects, but it ends upon damage inflicted on the target.
- Keep powerful effect, lessen time, retain current counters.