Lt. Commander
# 11
03-19-2010, 02:13 PM
Went to it twice. Also had our post-wedding dinner at Quarks. The Warp Core Breach drink was awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-19-2010, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnmowerdeth
Went to it twice. Also had our post-wedding dinner at Quarks. The Warp Core Breach drink was awesome.
The Warp Core Breach was amazing! I have the recipe somewhere. Or a good facsimile of it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-19-2010, 04:11 PM
We went there almost the day that it opened.

Was there the day that they opened the Borg 4d ride.

Spent the 2001 and 2002 New Year's Eve there on the bridge of the Enterpirse for parties on the bridge.

My avatar is from when we went there for the convention the year that it closed. Got to see the actual actor that played Quark put his head back on one last time to declare the bar closed.

I have exceptionally serious doubts that it will ever reopen. The fellow involved with the moving and reopening has not demonstarted the captial or investors necessary to make this happen. This is about the third or fourth major date shift for the reopening. Very sad, it was truly the best Trek first person experience any where, any time that I have seen. I hope he does manage to "get er done".
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-29-2010, 06:00 AM
I don't think it will re-open.

But we'll have to see.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-29-2010, 07:06 AM
I went there when i stayed at the hilton on holiday in the U.S. it was one heck of a happy coincidence as i didn't even know it existed. My mum being the frugal spender she is, she absolutely refused to spend $15 on the ride.... so i went twice i got to sit in the captains chair on the second ride, it was the last one for the night so they just stopped it at the bridge and let all the drunks have a good look around.

sadly the bar area was closed the entire time we were there.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-29-2010, 04:29 PM
haha, I'm wearing my "Mad Sword Skills" Sulu shirt from their right now. yeah certainly a fun place...

slightly off topic but anyone every been to the Sci Fi Museum in Seattle by the Space Needle? love that place too :D
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-29-2010, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDawson View Post

But we'll have to see.
You know, the problem with necro posting is... *MALLET*
Crypt rot! *PUNT*
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-29-2010, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDawson View Post

But we'll have to see.
I agree.
All the props and such were auctioned off, so it would have to be rebuilt from the ground up.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-29-2010, 07:09 PM
I could have gone there, but I didn't know about it at the time.
It's kind of funny, because a few months ago I purchased a set of ST episodes about Klingons and there was a cupon for ST the Expierence inside. This was after the Experience had closed. I guess ST isn't very popular.
The people who run Trek Cast are planing to recreat Quark's bar, but they have to wait to get the paperwork done and stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-29-2010, 07:57 PM
I remember going to it ... doing the museum and the virutal ride going through the Enterprise. That was during my very first trip to Vegas and I LOVED IT!!