Lt. Commander
# 21
04-29-2010, 07:03 PM
I was lucky enough to visit this during 6 different occasions. Including the fun Behind-the-Scenes tour. I did get to contribute to the Memory Wall during the last months it was open.

I'm guessing it will reopen. It just won't be the same experience.

When I saw what was auctioned off from the of original STE (quarks bar furniture, the starship's which used to hang from the ceiling, etc), I knew that that any presentation would be designed to reflect the setting as presented in the new Abrams series of films.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-29-2010, 08:08 PM
Went 1 time with my family, in 2000. Admission at the time was 40$, so nobody wanted to come with me and I had to go in myself, which was quite and eye opening experience. There were tons of people there and I felt really out of place after the tour and 4d experience, so I didn't get to hang out much in the shops or Quarks, which I regret.

I do hope it comes back. Seems like many people that went had a good time.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-29-2010, 08:16 PM
I worked there for 3 years. A few of us play. Darren from the bar, Jared(Quan) and myself Random ride borg we are in Yes Kill I. Say Hi some time.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-29-2010, 09:48 PM
I went there in 1998, when on a holiday to the USA. I can't really remember a lot of it (I was 15 at the time), but I do remember having a lot of fun, especially when one of the Klingon guys came up to me and my friend when we were having dinner at the bar.

Wish I could've gone again before it closed