Lt. Commander
# 21
03-19-2010, 01:06 PM
I generally, sort of, kind of agree with your point OP.

I don't RP but I do pay attention to the "world around me." I can't tell you how many times I have seen two or more toons standing quietly off to the side of the major traffic areas not bothering anyone and most likely talking in team chat. They may not even be RPers but simply waiting on a raid to start or for another member of their team to arrive so they can hit an instance.

Then here comes this perfect example of humanity (usually a male toon as naked as they can get in that particular game) who then starts running through them, jumping up and down repeatedly, saying things that only a "slobbering tard" would say and spamming emotes like a fool just to f**k with them because he can. That may not be the justification you seek or find acceptable but that is their concern over most of those issues.

What's the justification behind pink lasers or swimwear in space? Some people want it, some people don't.

In the end, Stuck said it best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck
Bottom line: You can't make everyone happy all the time. People want different things from this game and have different expectations. Anyone who feels they are justified in forcing their ideas/playstyle on the entire game population is seriously deluded.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-19-2010, 01:26 PM
You know what ruins my immersions? Heroes saving them at the last minute. Because you feel like all that time spent slowly lowering them into the water was for nothing and could have been better spent designing a faster lowering platform to immerse people in a tank of water in.

Or maybe filling the tank with sharks. But sharks are an OSHA no-no nowadays what with that whale in SeaWorld. Thanks for ruining it for everyone else SeaWorld.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-20-2010, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaelinTerenes
I specifically like how making a living being forget everything they ever learned, and then retraining them in seconds with a lifetime of knowledge is so necessary for their "immersion".

Or being able to refit an entire starship in seconds, thats immersive too right?
There IS no immersion in this game lol

IE:

Crew replenishes so fast they must have been DNA spliced with Tribbles...
Ship self repairs and regenerates the entre ship when sdestroyed... ill come back with more
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-20-2010, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaelinTerenes
all the slobbering tards ...
I find that those who use such nomenclature usually fit quite well into the very group they are attempting to disavow any affiliation with.

Live long, and prosper.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-20-2010, 11:43 PM
Like how to get onto your bridge, you have to beam to it... from a ... shuttle I assume that you fly the ship from...

like when the ship explodes... and everyone on the ship dies, a giamt button appears in space, and when you hit it, your ship is miraculously un destroyed with full shields, a little ways off....
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-21-2010, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great_Milenko
Like how to get onto your bridge, you have to beam to it... from a ... shuttle I assume that you fly the ship from...
I beam everywhere on my ship. I am too important to spend my time mucking about in the halls of my ship.

Quote:
like when the ship explodes... and everyone on the ship dies, a giamt button appears in space, and when you hit it, your ship is miraculously un destroyed with full shields, a little ways off....
Duh, that's my time distortion correction button. If Voyager can have one, so can I.

Quote:
Crew replenishes so fast they must have been DNA spliced with Tribbles...
They are all holograms actually. Holograms scream less when I beat them with a spanner. So when one goes down the computer just queues up his backup device and activates it.

Quote:
Ship self repairs and regenerates the entre ship when sdestroyed
The ship is an important cast member and has feelings too. And it doesn't self repair, the holograms do it. And the ship doesn't regenerate. As mentioned above I have one of those time-space anomaly plot devices on my ship like Voyager did so that whenever I screw up and something happens to endanger the plot I can just go back and fix it. If it hadn't been for that miracle of PLOT technology Voyager never would have made it home.