Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Good afternoon,
The past 2 nights I have run Infected and twice I have gotten stuck while firing the Exploit attack on a target that dies after I have begun firing but before it finishes. I did not submit an ingame bug report because I was more interested in relogging to unstick myself. All of my kit abilities are available for use while being stuck, but I am locked in place and the character is holding the exploit attack stance.

Steps to reproduce
1. Be in the final room of Infected (deeper into the mystery).
2. Fighting in one of the corners
3. Expose a borg in that same corner ( both times it was within 10m of me when it was exposed)
4. Press the key for an Exploit attack
5. Knock this borg into the plasma (someone else does this, and due to lag the borg is probably being knocked back at the exact same time as hitting the exploit attack)
6. Borg has dropped to 0 shield 0 hp in the plasma, exploit attack attempts to fire.
7. The character is now Stuck in place in the attack animation. Kit and class items are useable.
8. Log Out, Log In, and you are unstuck.

That is the best I can describe the problem and how to reproduce it. I will try to submit a bug report next time it happens so you can get a screenshot, but in the heat of the moment I am more looking to get back and assist the 4 others in the room.

I hope this helps nail down the issue.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-19-2010, 02:42 PM
It sounds like you are experiencing a bug we've been trying to reproduce for a while, with little success (getting stuck in firing animation if the timing lines up right with their death). I'll be passing along your reproduction steps to QA, and some additional information will be helpful:

What weapon are you currently using?
Which Exploit power were you using? Was it Sniper Shot?
Do you recall which Expose attach was being used?
Was it the plasma fire which actually killed the borg?

Thanks so much!
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-19-2010, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the response:

On the 18th I was using an AntiProton Pulse Rifle Mk X for expose and AntiProton Compression Pistol Mk X for exploit.
On the 17th I was using a Polaron Wide Beam Pistol Mk X for expose and a Phaser Sniper Rifle Mk X for exploit.

On the 17th it was Sniper Shot
On the 18th it was the exploit attack on the Antiproton Pistol

I am not 100% confident that I caused the exposes, if I did, it was with one of the 2 previously mentioned weapons.

Yes the plasma fire was what killed them, I had just happened to press the button for the exploit before the knockback.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-19-2010, 06:08 PM
I've had the same thing happening. Submitted a /killme report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Litana
It sounds like you are experiencing a bug we've been trying to reproduce for a while, with little success (getting stuck in firing animation if the timing lines up right with their death). I'll be passing along your reproduction steps to QA, and some additional information will be helpful:

Thanks so much!
Weapon: mark IX high density tetryon rifle
Exploit power: high density beam
Expose attack: unsure. Perhaps rifle butt.
Plasma fire: unsure, I think so but it could also have been teammembers fire killing the borg right when he hit the plasma.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-19-2010, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordTareq View Post
I've had the same thing happening. Submitted a /killme report.
Unfortunately that report was never submitted. There is a known bug with the /killme command failing to submit a ticket. I'm really looking forward to that fix going in with Season 1.

Please use Report a Bug for bug reports, or if you need to submit a Stuck ticket, access that through the Help and Support -> Request GM Help menu.