Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Looks like there's another bug with the floor tile graphics, again found in the random facilities you encounter in 'Explore' missions. Recently, I've noticed that when (or soon after), I fire a weapon some of the floor tiles in the gray/white facilities flicker to black/very dark. If it matters I currently use the 'Rapid-Fire Polaron Assault Mk VII' special mission reward and a purple Polaron Split-Beam Mk VIII.

It seems to be somewhat random, as it doesn't always occur, and sometimes happens even when I'm not firing (99% of times in combat though). I've attached a screenshot below demonstrating what I mean, perhaps a dev could pass this along (I could file a bug report in-game, but it's pretty useless without a picture showing exactly what goes on).

Screenshot

EDIT: Seems like this is either more widespread than I first thought, or it's a screw up with my graphics card and has nothing to do with a bug! I observed and screengrabbed the same thing happening on another ground mission (another auto-generated 'fill-in-the-alien' affair). I also noticed that my BOs weapons also cause the effect to manfest. I haven't seen this weirdness before today, but that doesn't eliminate trouble on my end completely. Any ideas on what's going on here?

Screenshot 2
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-19-2010, 06:11 PM
I have this bug too.
Sometimes when I move around a bit, the floor lights up with the correct texture, but usually it doesn't.