Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
I have the last 2-3 days watched as I played ground pvp and I kept a record of how many exploit attacks federation gets vs klingon and the numbers are staggering. There is a team out there that gets a 95% of the time they get staggered the oponent with their skills. They are federation of course, not Klingon.

I counted that Federation gets in about 4-5 times as many exploit attacks as the Klingons do and that sounds a little skewed to me.

I do not recall where it says but the chanse of getting an exploit attacks is suppose to be resonably low, somewhere in the lower 10% and if 2 players gets it 95% of the times when they work together there is something wrong.

I suggest that exploit attacks should not be stackable since then the sci guys can stack the buffs up and get it easy while those others actually have to work way harder for it.

Im a sci guy myself and after 2 days of testing I count that I have to do 3 debuffs+rife butt to get an exploit attack in and thats only working maybe 40% of the time.

someome tell me exacly whats wrong with that picutre cause exploit attacks counts for more deaths than regular attacks does and its suppose to be the other way around, or am I wrong?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-19-2010, 04:28 PM
Working as intended.
And don't think the klingons don't know how to do it as well, they do.
Somehow as tac I remember in a few ground missions(pve) I was vaporizing enemies every time my snipe came up. Don't know how or why and don't know how to do it again nor do I care. I dislike ground combat as it is very boring and ground pvp is just a joke.
1)Join ground pvp arena
2)2-3 klingons rush you as you spawn
3)"held"
4)rifle butt
5)vaporized
repeat steps 2-5 ad nauseum
I am sure this happens the other way around as well but honestly don't think I could possibly care any less.

People will find ways to "bend" mechanics so that they can crit 100% or disable 100% etc. etc. and of course everything IS working as intended, however I don't believe the mechanics were fully or properly tested for such cases.
And it makes for a rather boring encounter when one team is full of "exploiters" and the other team actually wants a fight. Applies to space as well.
Maybe they will go back and rework the disable system before everyone quits, who knows.
I can live with "exploits" as long as I can actually make use of my keyboard.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-19-2010, 05:31 PM
You can abuse melee spam to force more expose procs.

Mose expose abilities have a cooldown of at least 6 seconds (and much more for more powerful attacks or AOE attacks)

But melee exposes can be spammed as quickly as you can mash the "3" button, and also have a chance to proc a hold. So many players make Rifle Butt their primary attack. With a 10% chance of proccing an expose on each attack, one is almost certain within 10 seconds.

I'm pretty sure the 33333333333 rotation was not something Cryptic anticipated.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-19-2010, 05:40 PM
i dunno.

with my tactical on some players i can easily get an expose with one pistol stun hold, others not so easily. Then there are some who never get exposed, but i think thats more to science removing the expose.

Yeh, its rather skewed how some players can be exposed, respawn and unfortunately get exposed again and end up vaporized again.

Spawn in ground matches is retarded. If this how its intended to be, atleast an immunity timer on the player respawn could be included. which will be removed after a certain few seconds or player conducts an action/move.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-19-2010, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragesh View Post
I have the last 2-3 days watched as I played ground pvp and I kept a record of how many exploit attacks federation gets vs klingon and the numbers are staggering. There is a team out there that gets a 95% of the time they get staggered the oponent with their skills. They are federation of course, not Klingon.

I counted that Federation gets in about 4-5 times as many exploit attacks as the Klingons do and that sounds a little skewed to me.

I do not recall where it says but the chanse of getting an exploit attacks is suppose to be resonably low, somewhere in the lower 10% and if 2 players gets it 95% of the times when they work together there is something wrong.

I suggest that exploit attacks should not be stackable since then the sci guys can stack the buffs up and get it easy while those others actually have to work way harder for it.

Im a sci guy myself and after 2 days of testing I count that I have to do 3 debuffs+rife butt to get an exploit attack in and thats only working maybe 40% of the time.

someome tell me exacly whats wrong with that picutre cause exploit attacks counts for more deaths than regular attacks does and its suppose to be the other way around, or am I wrong?
Two science officers should be able to get expose nearly 100% of the time, and that makes sense. Both have 4-5 expose attacks: tachyon, stasis, tricoder scan, rifle butt, radiation attack.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-19-2010, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook0024
i dunno.

with my tactical on some players i can easily get an expose with one pistol stun hold, others not so easily. Then there are some who never get exposed, but i think thats more to science removing the expose.

Yeh, its rather skewed how some players can be exposed, respawn and unfortunately get exposed again and end up vaporized again.

Spawn in ground matches is retarded. If this how its intended to be, atleast an immunity timer on the player respawn could be included. which will be removed after a certain few seconds or player conducts an action/move.
The game needs what i call a spawn guard.About 8 years ago AVP2 came out and on one particular server the hosts created a program that would "cloak" you until you moved or fired.You could still see the player but you couldnt damage them until they moved or attacked.It shouldnt be too difficult for Cryptic to write up a program to do that for the game.
As far as the melee spams go just get some physical resistance armor.It goes a long way.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-19-2010, 10:45 PM
hold stun expose all to powerful neither side should be able to do it. your stuned from 4 sec to the max 20 sec. and killed with one shot , this should not be. and from what i gather on the test server these things are cut back dramaticly. hard to test this out since thier is amost 0 pvp ground on test right now.

thier should be no one shot kills in this type of pvp. if you get a hold used on you it should not last more then 3 sec ever. or thier should be a skill that breaks it. and the dps cant go above 15% per shot and 15% dot this is a fair amout of damage still but much better than getting stun killed in 2 sec.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-20-2010, 02:00 PM
i deleted my RA5 Science officer, and started on a Star Fleet Eng... I just have to say...wow....Klingons are real poor sports in the lower brackets...they lose 40-10, and even leave before the match is over

And they cry just like the Fed ******* in RA/BG bracket. (I think those same FEDS crying made Klingon toons, only to get owned, by better players who know how to pvp, now playing Star Fleet Toons)

Star Fleet = Good Players

Feds = *******.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-20-2010, 03:04 PM
Thing is, aside from the occasional stun pistol, I rarely see Klingons using expose weapons; one exploit weapon and a bat'leth being the most common load out. That alone may be enough to account for the discrepancy.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-20-2010, 03:51 PM
lol then you dont ground pvp much its all they do