Lt. Commander
# 21
03-19-2010, 05:04 PM
Bah. This was funnier in my head, but typed out it's just mean. Never mind.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-19-2010, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainFabulous
Like I'm going to put my name, address, phone number, date of birth, and email address on a POSTCARD for anyone to see.

Dudes, this is a *REALLY* bad idea.
This

Nice contest, but not on a postcard. Please rethink this one.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-19-2010, 05:34 PM
Actually this has been the standard for write in contest entries for decades. They're not doing anything new or groundbreaking in this regard. Although admittedly the standard really needs to be changed in this day and age, what was once considered harmless is now a substantial risk to one's identity, the very essence of who you are, which could be stolen en route and used for nefarious deeds that one could only begin to imagine. Thanks for the offer Cryptic but I personally am going to have to respectfully decline. Have a nice day
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-19-2010, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansler
Actually this has been the standard for write in contest entries for decades. They're not doing anything new or groundbreaking in this regard. Although admittedly the standard really needs to be changed in this day and age, what was once considered harmless is now a substantial risk to one's identity, the very essence of who you are, which could be stolen en route and used for nefarious deeds that one could only begin to imagine. Thanks for the offer Cryptic but I personally am going to have to respectfully decline. Have a nice day
Well yeah, that's my point. It may have been fine even a decade ago, but now it's unthinkable to put that kind of information in such an easily-viewable place.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-19-2010, 05:52 PM
I'll be mailing a regular sheet of paper in a security envelope should I choose to enter this.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-19-2010, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainFabulous
Like I'm going to put my name, address, phone number, date of birth, and email address on a POSTCARD for anyone to see.

Dudes, this is a *REALLY* bad idea.
pretty much sums it up.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-19-2010, 06:03 PM
April Fools a whole 2 weeks early...
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-19-2010, 06:17 PM
Why don't you just enter all active subscribers and then whoever wins just contact them via pm to arrange shipment.

The other method seems like I want to farm all these customer details for other NEFARIOUS deeds at a later date.

A signed copy is hardly a worthwhile incentive to existing customers considering the huge downside of potential identity theft.

Cryptic you really do astound me.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-19-2010, 06:21 PM
well for the fact that is says state/PROVINCE i would say that its not US only
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-19-2010, 06:27 PM
Couldn't you guys get, i don't know... Leonard Nimoy? Not that i have anything against Zachary Quinto... i have everything against anything that comes out of that "reboot".

You don't "reboot" 60 years of consistent material.. Does anyone see any kevlar suit with nipples? This ain't Batman.. no need to reboot...