03-20-2010, 04:21 PM
Star Wars wins cause of this Video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=493ljyoox6o

WE GOT DEATH STAR WO GOT DEATH STAR!

But Star Trek is nice too.
Lt. Commander
# 42
03-20-2010, 04:30 PM
Haven't wasted precious life time reading this thread.

HERE you go.

For the record, Trek and Wars are DIFFERENT but EQUAL.

/end issue, discussion, and debate
Lt. Commander
# 43
03-20-2010, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nh5316 View Post
The Phantom Menace was bad. But Voyager is appalling.

Every episode concentrated on one poorly written and contrived character, all of whom felt shallow and underdeveloped even by the time of endgame. Then the writers would substitute a storyline for the most impenetrable treknobabble of all five series, ultimately leading to a deus ex machinia ending where an 'interplexing resonance cascade beam would depolarise the meta shielding on type 36 Borg rectangle'
You didnt like Voyager yet you watched them all? Sounds a bit daft to me. Atleast Phantom Menace is just a film and people only lost a couple of hours of their lives watching it..... But you sat through 7 seasons of a show you didnt even like! Your never gonna get that time back you know.
Lt. Commander
# 44
03-20-2010, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuber
Then of course there's the metaphysical argument... that most of the crew of the Enterprise had already died long ago, disintegrated and destroyed the first time they ever stepped on a working transporter pad. The only real casualties were knock-off clones, which are obviously incapable of having souls.
This is why I would shuttle everywhere.
Lt. Commander
# 45
03-20-2010, 04:42 PM
I'd have the 'beam' split so there'd be two of me,, one for the week, one for Sunday's best.
Lt. Commander
# 46
03-20-2010, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcomprime
A couple hundred Ewok suit zippers disprove this.
Am I the only person who watches Return of the Jedi just to fast forward to see the scenes with the Emperor, Vader, and Luke on the Death Star? Those scenes saved that movie from being an epic failure.
Lt. Commander
# 47
03-20-2010, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormstryke
Am I the only person who watches Return of the Jedi just to fast forward to see the scenes with the Emperor, Vader, and Luke on the Death Star? Those scenes saved that movie from being an epic failure.
How could you fast forward past the beginning? If for no other reason than Leia in a slave girl outfit strangling a hutt...
Lt. Commander
# 48
03-20-2010, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaticWoda
Star wars clearly wins because of this win vid..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KRc7fn434Y&NR=1
Actually, that video fails on several levels:

1) It's been shown that the Death Star's compression laser can destroy planets - the beam wouldn't stop at just the ship. That also was a fallacy in the third SW movie - the beam would have hit one of the capships and just kept going.

2) Each and everyone in that video wopuld have been blown away had that happened - you can even see the blast ring under the Constitution-refit whent he blast hits - where's the shockwave?

3) Poorly done matts - really, whoever did those matts needs to do a better job.

Enough said?
Lt. Commander
# 49
03-20-2010, 05:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLk0hhWBhEE

I love star trek star wars and b5 wish they would make an mmo universe with all 3 in it be an interesting game!
Lt. Commander
# 50
03-20-2010, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormstryke
I prefer the beginning, with Jabba the Hutt. The scenes at the end seem really stiff and uninteresting.

I like the Emperor far better in Revenge of the Sith.