Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Hi,

My first post

Just like to give my view on the reason Klingons seem overpowered for many fed players.

People playing klingon will more likely be hardcore pvpers and will also be specced and fitted purely for pvp, they will ignore any skill or weapon layout that does not work well in pvp.

As space combat vs NPC's is so easy, most fed players are not forced to improve their piloting skills, and consequently when they meet klingons who have been playing mostly pure pvp, they are outclassed not only in weapon layout and skill point build (for pvp), they are also outclassed in ship piloting and teamwork skills.

Therefore by default Klingons have an advantage over fed players who are kitted out and specced for pve and also used too fighting NPC's.

There is alot of complaining on the forums about how Klingons are overpowered and need to be nerfed ect, but the reality is that these players are failing to grasp the reason they seem so overpowered.

Comments?

*Edited to add sig*
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-20-2010, 02:53 AM
Too much logic, not enough whine in this thread.

You sure your not a klink in denial?
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-20-2010, 02:55 AM
You should come over to the Klingon side... the Feds dont deserve you^^
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-20-2010, 03:14 AM
Or you know it could be the fact that cloak has no power drain they way it should.
I like it when some klingon uses the defense of "but shields don't work while cloaked!" and seem puzzled when I reply that it doesn't matter since I can't see them. And as for when they decloak, wow shields are down for what half a second? Yep I am going to do a ludicrous amount of damage to you in the time between you decloaking and hitting me with snb/vm.
But really the issue isn't cloak it's cloak with snb/vm.
That's not to say they don't have skilled pvp players and a lot of team work going on.
But honestly I think 3/5 of the klingons I run across is just a crappy snb spammer.
OP? no. Just a sad person who can't play so they rely on 2 abilities to shut down their opponent then tell them to l2p.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-20-2010, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsakenlight View Post
Or you know it could be the fact that cloak has no power drain they way it should.
I like it when some klingon uses the defense of "but shields don't work while cloaked!" and seem puzzled when I reply that it doesn't matter since I can't see them. And as for when they decloak, wow shields are down for what half a second? Yep I am going to do a ludicrous amount of damage to you in the time between you decloaking and hitting me with snb/vm.
But really the issue isn't cloak it's cloak with snb/vm.
That's not to say they don't have skilled pvp players and a lot of team work going on.
But honestly I think 3/5 of the klingons I run across is just a crappy snb spammer.
OP? no. Just a sad person who can't play so they rely on 2 abilities to shut down their opponent then tell them to l2p.
did the op just whoop your ass in an arena?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-20-2010, 03:46 AM
It's easier to complain about a problem than it is to think up a solution. Klingons have to PVP more than Feds to level up, so they're more likely to eventually start working on a solution. Feds, on the other hand, are more likely to abandon PVP and go do their missions with the assumption that leveling up will improve things.

So you end up with Klingons who learn what works and how to counter it, fighting against Feds who know how to complain about what works. Then we Klingons switch to our Fed alts out of boredom, try to PVP to show that it's not an imbalance, but get frustrated with our unskilled teammates and abandon PVP to go do our missions, since it's easier to complain about those teams than to try to teach them (lots don't listen anyway).

It's just human nature magnifying issues spawns from the content gap between Fed and Klingon factions.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-20-2010, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indolo
It's easier to complain about a problem than it is to think up a solution. Klingons have to PVP more than Feds to level up, so they're more likely to eventually start working on a solution. Feds, on the other hand, are more likely to abandon PVP and go do their missions with the assumption that leveling up will improve things.

So you end up with Klingons who learn what works and how to counter it, fighting against Feds who know how to complain about what works. Then we Klingons switch to our Fed alts out of boredom, try to PVP to show that it's not an imbalance, but get frustrated with our unskilled teammates and abandon PVP to go do our missions, since it's easier to complain about those teams than to try to teach them (lots don't listen anyway).

It's just human nature magnifying issues spawns from the content gap between Fed and Klingon factions.
Waaaaaaayyyyyyy toooo much logic in this thread.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-20-2010, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyfedrat
Dont worry, it will change once the first Mister "ROFLOLOL KLINONK ****IN UBA LOLOLOL NEFRF CLOKA SHPIS DOO 200% DEMAGE THEN FEDSHIP CARIER HAS FIGHTASHIPS SPAm ROFLLOL NERFF CAUSE THEY BLOW ME UP WIT CLAOK IN BATLEE EVEN IF IT IS JAM SENSOURS AND I JUST DUNNO" shows up and shares his opinion with us.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-20-2010, 03:57 AM
Quote:
It's certainly not coming from you.

Quote:
did the op just whoop your ass in an arena?
More likely that I just whooped his, even tho I do regularly die from snb/vm. 1v1 I can always survive it
Funny thing is I just got called a cheater by a klingon a lil while ago cause he couldn't even get my shields down. w/e
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-20-2010, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsakenlight View Post
It's certainly not coming from you.

More likely that I just whooped his, even tho I do regularly die from snb/vm. 1v1 I can always survive it
Funny thing is I just got called a cheater by a klingon a lil while ago cause he couldn't even get my shields down. w/e
Im a fed player, I do have a klingon char I've started to play though.