Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-20-2010, 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LnD-Rash View Post
Dont worry, it will change once the first Mister "ROFLOLOL KLINONK ****IN UBA LOLOLOL NEFRF CLOKA SHPIS DOO 200% DEMAGE THEN FEDSHIP CARIER HAS FIGHTASHIPS SPAm ROFLLOL NERFF CAUSE THEY BLOW ME UP WIT CLAOK IN BATLEE EVEN IF IT IS JAM SENSOURS AND I JUST DUNNO" shows up and shares his opinion with us.
lmfao, well looking at the post after yours you freaking called that one.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-20-2010, 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsakenlight View Post
It's certainly not coming from you.

More likely that I just whooped his, even tho I do regularly die from snb/vm. 1v1 I can always survive it
Funny thing is I just got called a cheater by a klingon a lil while ago cause he couldn't even get my shields down. w/e
can you handle that yourself? or do you need a hand stroking that gigantic e-pen?
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-20-2010, 01:34 PM
lol and it may be that klingons ships turn faster,cruisers are able to mount disrupter cannons. they have reverse sheild polarity which negates phasers. with no fed side buff for thier cannon fire. they cloak when hurt ect ect.

as for tactics lol what tactics not hard to decloak bwhind somone tractor thenm and kill them. now if they cloaked and could not use full impulse they would have to use tactics.

but one point you are correct on fed side seem to have no smarts when it comes to teaming. i like ground pvp and you make a team and they all run in diff directions like they have 1000k sheilds or somthing. then when we get our butts handed to us they cry thats somthing is unfair.

but as of late thier are some good ones i will not name names here but when we are all on the klingons dont like it at all then they are crying. and i have to love that. to hear a big bad klingon say why do you have to use that stun pistol lol makes my day
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-20-2010, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyfedrat
can you handle that yourself? or do you need a hand stroking that gigantic e-pen?
No but I think you certainly do. But I doubt anyone can help you.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-20-2010, 05:17 PM
My first ever post...
I'm a Fed RA5 Eng/DSSV that is getting bored with the ease of PvE. I get that the Klinks learn earlier how to be effecftive at PvP. And how the Feds rarely do. I'm tired of getting my ass handed to me without always understanding why. I'f it's a bar fight, I'd like to at least break a nose before getting killed. I'm not likely to be the war god of PvP, I just want to hold my own.

So, is there a Fed Fleet that cares only about beating the crap out of the Klinks? Or do I need to join the darkside and learn from them?

Ash
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-20-2010, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyranor
Hi,

My first post

Just like to give my view on the reason Klingons seem overpowered for many fed players.

People playing klingon will more likely be hardcore pvpers and will also be specced and fitted purely for pvp, they will ignore any skill or weapon layout that does not work well in pvp.

As space combat vs NPC's is so easy, most fed players are not forced to improve their piloting skills, and consequently when they meet klingons who have been playing mostly pure pvp, they are outclassed not only in weapon layout and skill point build (for pvp), they are also outclassed in ship piloting and teamwork skills.

Therefore by default Klingons have an advantage over fed players who are kitted out and specced for pve and also used too fighting NPC's.

There is alot of complaining on the forums about how Klingons are overpowered and need to be nerfed ect, but the reality is that these players are failing to grasp the reason they seem so overpowered.

Comments?

*Edited to add sig*
This indeed is true, I think the same thing, also Klingons usually work together, most Fed teams Im put on is a chaotic mess of people just there to get that few exp points and don't really care, so they dont try.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-20-2010, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by varuflur View Post
lol and it may be that klingons ships turn faster,cruisers are able to mount disrupter cannons. they have reverse sheild polarity which negates phasers. with no fed side buff for thier cannon fire. they cloak when hurt ect ect.
Slight correction, but RSP converts all energy damage into shields, beams and cannons/turrets. Doesn't matter what kind (phaser/disruptor/etc).

Also, cloaking when hurt and surviving is much harder than you think it is, at least if the enemy is smart.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-20-2010, 09:03 PM
u all make vallid points. exept for the ones slinging mud at eachother.

klingons are a tad overpowered. as ive stated this somewhere else, its not only the fact they have the cloak, its also the game mechanics that makes them overpowered as players. feds do pve constantly and by the time they get to do some pvp, they are facing veterans. what do u think will happen if u put guns in the hands of regular people and tell them to go take a strategic point of interest defended by the french legion?? right!

second the cloak and the fact klingons can put cannons on everything is a bit overpowered to. A is not equal to AB. -> federation ship is not the same as a klingon ship with a cloak. the klingons can have the power of tactic. the only thing feds can do is wait out the klingons and hope they can cut it. most fed teams cant (again)

can u nerf the cloak? i dont see how, they are klingons. if u whant to nerf t he cloak they should have created cardassians or jem hadar in stead of klingons.

why i dare say klingons are a tad over the top (and im serious, its not at all over the top its just a bit of an unbalance) when i play my main (fed RA5) i mostly lose. when i play my klingon, (lc 5) i mostly win. you see. this shouldnt be. you either mostly win or u mostly lose. but not totaly opposite on the opposite factions. thats how im certain something is out of balance... in favor of the klingons.

im not saying feds cant win from klinks, they just need that lil bit extra.

im talking space combat ofcourse.

just a last piece that needs to be said. feds do have it way easier to get gear than klinks.

cheers Dave
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-20-2010, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Reel View Post
when i play my main (fed RA5) i mostly lose. when i play my klingon, (lc 5) i mostly win.
... LC5 klingon RA5 fed... sorry but you're not quite in the Foreign Legion yet.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-20-2010, 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hivewasp View Post
... LC5 klingon RA5 fed... sorry but you're not quite in the Foreign Legion yet.
oh another belgian. many have been the eburonen ive encountered in this game. but what i was trying to show was an obvious opinion: if i lose all the time when playing fed, why do i keep winning playing a klingon. my teammates?? unlikely most are feds rerolling an alt. i should be losing just as much. not the complete opposite.

again im not calling in for the nerfbat. but there seems to be a balance issue.