Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-22-2010, 11:07 AM
Now that Roper is "out" and Poz is "in" manning the helm I may give this game a try when they have their next free trial.

I only played CO in beta (and a little bit at launch) and I didn't care for it at all, it seemed like a shallower, prettier, CoH to me (keeping in mind that CoH has been out longer and has a better drawn out storyline and more content, so my opinion is skewed).

Anyway, perhaps I'll like it better when it's under Poz since he was around during CoH/CoV days and I still love that MMO.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-22-2010, 12:19 PM
As far as I know, you can try it any time you want:

http://champions-online.com/demo
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-22-2010, 01:49 PM
Can i get an all red form fitting armor with a red cape? My powers would be a red head rage that would make wolverine run for the hills
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-22-2010, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
Can i get an all red form fitting armor with a red cape? My powers would be a red head rage that would make wolverine run for the hills
Yes many of the costume pieces are entirely form fitting and lets not forget the mini-mini-skirts, hehe. Maybe I'll see about posting some of my char designs here.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-22-2010, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
Yes. That is easy to do.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-22-2010, 04:09 PM
Gah I am such a Dork....I got the lifetime for it too Cryptic why do you take all my money?

{shame...shame...shame...)
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-22-2010, 04:36 PM
*dances* ok i may try it....try no promises.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-22-2010, 06:53 PM
Some of my characters:

Guardsman Emilie - Girl who loves Warhammer a bit too much has a variety of WH40k themed weapons she fights evil with. She is always on the lookout for heresies to purge and aliens to smite.
Bolter
Chainsword
Lasgun
Autocannon
Bolt Pistols

Countess Ravenstein - Actually this is my forum namesake. She is impervious to bullets, flies, teleports, fires energy bolts from her hands, master of the sword, can use magic, and also can emit an electric field around herself.
Countess Ravenstein
Ravenstein with her Sword

Avey Sharpes - Faster then the eye, has super regeneration, and is a master of gun-kata. She is working her way through college as a super spy.
Black Outfit
Badass Trenchcoat

Mai Tokiha - Transfer student from Japan, Mai can summon up huge pyres and flames.
Mai
Flames
Alternate Outfit

R. Alyssa Sanford - Robot that fights crime. It is super strong and super tough. And it has a lightsaber!
See, a lightsaber

Brienne Orchid - Necromancer in training who uses her powers of life and death and undeath for good.
Brienne and her Zombies
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-22-2010, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post

Avey Sharpes - Faster then the eye, has super regeneration, and is a master of gun-kata. She is working her way through college as a super spy.
Black Outfit
Badass Trenchcoat
She looks like she might have, um, back problems later on in life.

Anyways, I downloaded the client to try it out some. I've always been a big super hero fan.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-26-2010, 12:38 AM
Just bumping this to remind folks about this, in case they need a break from all the the awesome content thats been released from STO.

.... YEAH RIGHT! :p