Lt. Commander
# 1 Things you need to fix.
03-20-2010, 09:56 AM
Day 1, Part 1.
BEFORE I EVEN STARTED THE GAME.

Signing up for the game was a MASSIVE hassle I had to try and create an account several times before your server finally made one, hence the name, so fix that.

Why did I have to give you my credit card number and buy a month worth of time to play the game I just PURCHASED that has a 30 day FREE TRIAL. It is not FREE IF YOU HAVE TO PAY TO USE IT.

I will be calling customer service on Monday and *****ing at them until I get my money back for my first month.

ONCE IN THE GAME

First: The intro scene was nice but I saw the movie as will most of the people who spend money on this game. So less history and more about the now. It talks about how the Klingon high commander is promoting war. Can we see him? Can you have an artist do a depiction of the high command and the federation negotiating? You know, PEOPLE, because that what makes a story, not space ships, not phasers, but the PEOPLE being affected by them. Even a still image series illustrating the struggle for peace would have been freaking great. The intro you have now feels like it was made for people with the IQ of Sponge Bob.

Second: When in the game, like on the station you first get to at earth. If you give us a quest to find a specific person GIVE US A SPECIFIC LOCATION. Find this person SOMEWHERE ON THE SPACE STATION is not helpful.

Third: The quest tracker is a peace of trash. A GIGANTIC ORANGE CIRCLE around a quarter of the station DOES NOT HELP ANYONE FIND ANYTHING.
God, have you people never PLAYED a game of any kind? Also I don't need to know the name and location of EVERY NPC IN THE ZONE ALL THE TIME. Give us a LIST of the types of NPC we want to search for so we can choose to see ONLY WHAT WE NEED and then change it back to the default useless chaos you have now if we want too.

Fourth: The story is nice but not in any way immersive. The starting missions are flat, lifeless, and riddled with so many pointless windows you have to click on that it removes you from the story completely. It's like everyone in star fleet has asthma. You can put more than 4 sentences in each window. I completed one quest by standing there reading. I was suppose to help someone defend something. I read over the 5 windows of information that should have been summed up into one and then turned around. Fired my weapon ONCE and then that mission ended. I didn't even KILL the drone I just fired at it once. The first time I fired my phaser, ever, [edit] What?! It's over already?

You didn't include all that many missions to begin with from the mocking reviews you got so can you make the ones you did give us last more than 30 seconds? Please?

Fifth: Navigating windows. Having a window pop up in the middle of combat you have to click on and click continue and read and click continue is really annoying and again, ruins the immersion of the game. Can you make the right arrow key on the keyboard continue and the left arrow key back, the up and down allow you to navigate the menus in the dialog and the space bar to choose the option you have high lighted? 90% of these windows have only the one option to continue anyway just being able to hit space and move forward in the story would help speed things along.

Fith: The NPC on the stations act like morons. Morons who are on sedatives. They either walk like they are stoned or just wander around in circles like they are lost. Increase the movement speed of the slow ones by 24-28% so they move at a normal human pace and for Christ sakes write a collision avoidance script. Having random NPC walk into me and make my screen shake while they rub up against me because I am in their path is annoying as hell.

So far guys, not impressed, not at all. My receipt from Walmart is in my wallet and it's just itching to be returned for store credit.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Seadgir
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-20-2010, 11:05 AM
So, I'm ont he quest to explore the Vulcan sector. I get to this mining planet Bayten 5 where there is a mining colony who is disgruntled because of equipment problems, lack of reading materials and holoprograms. My mission is to talk to two people.. yes, that was the ENTIRE mission. Not to fix the problems, not to negotiate an understanding with in-depth dialog but to TALK TO TWO PEOPLE then leave the system. I basically took the complaints and passed them on to star fleet. If the holodeck was broken then here is an idea LET ME FIX IT. I'm a freaking engineer! I'm sure the crew of my ship could donate some books or movies or whatever. Hell, it's not like the miners are DOING anything, invite them to the ship and have a party! Let me do SOMETHING in the mission other than take down notes on the complaints and leave. I mean really, WTF? This was the best your design team could come up with?

It's like you aren't even TRYING to make a good game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-20-2010, 11:12 AM
ummm...what intro scene? i've not seen anything like that it was just screenies as STO loaded
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-20-2010, 11:36 AM
You saw "the movie"...that's cute...adorable even. You realize there are 10 movies and 5 TV series spanning 30 years...and the latest movie has NOTHING at all to do with this game?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-20-2010, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixboox View Post
You saw "the movie"...that's cute...adorable even. You realize there are 10 movies and 5 TV series spanning 30 years...and the latest movie has NOTHING at all to do with this game?
nix he would be refering to the cinematic opening at the beginning of the game....easy with the star trek fanboy attacks
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-20-2010, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklives View Post
nix he would be refering to the cinematic opening at the beginning of the game....easy with the star trek fanboy attacks
Read it closer...and I was just pointing out a fact...use it as you wish.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-20-2010, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkdoff
So far guys, not impressed, not at all. My receipt from Walmart is in my wallet and it's just itching to be returned for store credit.
I hear that Walmart has Hello Kitty Island, maybe a better choice. JK...

But really, play the game longer before bashing it, yes it has its issues, yes it should have maybe been held from release a little longer, but to say that the missions are to short when you have barely scratched the surface of content is a little pre-mature. I have done missions where they go forever it seems...

At this point you are already unhappy with the game and are looking for reasons to stop playing, so do it, or give it a little time to let them fix issues and get more feedback from the player base.

So when you arrived on the space station you were talking about, was it Sulu you were looking for? LMAO because that would just be to funny...
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-20-2010, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Why did I have to give you my credit card number and buy a month worth of time to play the game I just PURCHASED that has a 30 day FREE TRIAL. It is not FREE IF YOU HAVE TO PAY TO USE IT.

I will be calling customer service on Monday and *****ing at them until I get my money back for my first month.
You MUST select a subscription first, you DO NOT get charged until AFTER the first 30 days. ALL MMO's with subscriptions are like this.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-20-2010, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Let me do SOMETHING in the mission other than take down notes on the complaints and leave.
Oh but you're quite active in that one. Wait until your first blinkings hunts
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-20-2010, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Day 1, Part 1.
BEFORE I EVEN STARTED THE GAME.

Signing up for the game was a MASSIVE hassle I had to try and create an account several times before your server finally made one, hence the name, so fix that.

if you paid at all. you paid for the month after the 30 days. Most MMO's Do this. (NOT ALL)
the way it should work is you put your info in so that when your 30 days are up you can move with out any issues into your Paid time.

if you did you changed then you should talk to them on Monday. so i would check your back before calling cryptic.

hope that helps