Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
03-21-2010, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalElf View Post
Doh, I just figured out why people are bothering to argue this thread's
purpose, which is to recognize the wrong nature and fix the problem
with the "report spam" and subsequent "automatic silencing for 24 hours"
feature, which is causing numerous players to lose their communications
in the game for no reason other than being abused by other players.

It's because they have not followed the stated proper use of
report spam and are concerned.

They would rather argue to change the proper use, than end
up on the recieving end of a slencing or worse, as alluded to
in GM_Destra's post:

"Abusing the system will result in severe penalties against your account."

No "Sir Whatever", I think you are the one that should be concerned about
their behavior. Your talking about people being "bothered" verus what
I am talking about, which is a serious loss of paid services. Having
seen the proper usage statement, I will certainly claim my two days
lost back in REAL MONEY TERMS... they will have to either extend my
paid use by two days or fork over the cash. I hope they charge the
cost to the abusers.... take away two days play for them too (at least).
then if you are so concerned about losing your chat privs, why not stop spamming ads for your fleet?
if you want to go the route of paying then fine here you go:
i dont pay to see fleets advertise in chat. i pay to play and chat as i desire. your advertisements are a thorn in my side and i pay to NOT see that spammed.
so now what? you pay to use a chat service for everyone and decide you want to recruit in it. i pay to keep the chat free of people like you.

stalemate. the i pay for this service is a no win for you - pick another.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
03-21-2010, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_James_of_Cadiz
yes i can...as many see it different then you. all this link your providing did was offer a "picture" to that spam idea. it is not set in stone nor validated by a link to cryptics official policy on the matter.
its a forum post. nothing more.
take it with a grain of salt. there are many views aside from yours or mine.
i see you happen to side with the OP - thats fine.
i happen to agree with the silent treatment he recieved. - and thats fine too.

but until we get a confirmed "written" or validated "link" to policies and defined uses, the thread is a simple guide. the GM even said they are taking some information posted into account as i am sure they have had more then this persons name reported for activites that should be done less frequent or not at all.
Everything you said is wrong. A post by the "Lead Game Master" is current policy. Suggesting otherwise is just trolling. Lead Game Master, that's an official title. The Lead Game Master is the one who sets in-game behavioral policy. You have the ability,as does everyone else, to use the Ignore function on anyone you want. That is not the issue here. I hope you do realize the Lead Game Master's post was from 3/18/2010.

As I said before, let this thread die. MentalElf's issue will be dealt with, and any opinion other than anything from Cryptic is moot.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
03-21-2010, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalElf View Post
A fleet add is NOT a real life advertisement.
You are playing with words, the "and" should
be used properly, that means "real world websites".
Fleet websites are STO GAME websites, in other
words, NOT REAL WORLD. Step outside, breath
in the fresh air, that's real world... this is a game.

Use your brain for a moment.
Think.
Why is that rule there?

Because a method of free advertising "real world"
(there's that phrase again!) products or services
is NOT included in your paid game experience.

What could possibly be sold at the 6th fleet site. Nothing.
Where is the profit? There is none.

This thing you are arguing against is all about the inherent game feature
of fleets, nothing more. If fleets were a foreign idea to the game perhaps
you would be right.
But they are as much a part of the game as space ships.
Fleets are what make STO a desirable MMO.
They enable people to organize efforts, to have fun together,
and in general, to have a more enjoyable multiplayer experience.

If you didn't want to play a game with other people and see chat,
why the heck are you here?

Let me guess, "Sir Cadberry of Rabbit"...
You made a fleet, it's not working.
In fact it's dieing.
You are unhappy.
You wish to make other fleets die as well.
wow - your ignorance and anger has overshadowed your abilty to reason or converse properly.
i think it is you who needs the fresh air.

and since you brought it up...our fleet does not need to advertise for members...we are just that good
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34 Just that good eh?
03-21-2010, 04:11 AM
"our fleet does not need to advertise for members...we are just that good"

Ok, I'll bite.
How many in your fleet, let's have a screenshot to go with that.
How about a link to your website and forums?
And of course I assume you have a fully unlocked fleet bank?
And voice server?
How about the command structure of the fleet, is that documented
and in place?

Are you SERIOUSLY suggesting that fleets should not advertise in zone chat?
Wow.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
03-21-2010, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_James_of_Cadiz
wow - your ignorance and anger has overshadowed your abilty to reason or converse properly.
i think it is you who needs the fresh air.

and since you brought it up...our fleet does not need to advertise for members...we are just that good
No, his logic is almost perfectly sound, aside from attacking you,and your fleet, and recouping any monetary losses. The fact still remains that the Report Spam function is only to be used for RMT adverts. Please stop trying to argue otherwise.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
03-21-2010, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReEker
Everything you said is wrong. A post by the "Lead Game Master" is current policy. Suggesting otherwise is just trolling. Lead Game Master, that's an official title. The Lead Game Master is the one who sets in-game behavioral policy. You have the ability,as does everyone else, to use the Ignore function on anyone you want. That is not the issue here.

As I said before, let this thread die. MentalElf's issue will be dealt with, and any opinion other than anything from Cryptic is moot.
really? in what world does a forum post become legal? regardless of who posts it, it is a "guide" until policies can be written to exacting definitions as to what is and what is not allowed.
forum laywerism is not some anyone can do, but you assume more then you know.
do you happen to have this Lead Game Master's position description and responsibilites and duties paperwork he agreed to when he got the position?

why let it die? it is something abvioulsy that needs to be adressed for both sides. those that feel frequent fleet recruitment is spamming and those that dont.

i happen to think it is. and i pay not to see such drivel from fleets.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
03-21-2010, 04:17 AM
Forum laywerism? You're really good for a laugh. They set the terms for access to their services. That is all that needs to be said. I'm sure I don't have to go and copy+paste the whole EULA. Please.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
03-21-2010, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReEker
No, his logic is almost perfectly sound, aside from attacking you,and your fleet. The fact still remains that the Report Spam function is only to be used for RMT adverts. Please stop trying to argue otherwise.
no i wont stop...as i feel the definition based on the post you referenced and the link i referenced can be seen in differnt light.
so i am to just stop arguing cause you think your right and i am not?
while i get your point, you seem to fail at seeing mine.
it is not as black and white as you or the OP desire it to be. and thus the readson they are looking into more about the spam button and what is and what is not included. as you can see from this thread and my response, i think it was used accordingly.
but thats me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39 Wow
03-21-2010, 04:20 AM
All I can say is wow.

This is exactly the kind of person that is a problem here, judging
what is "real money transaction spam" verus anything else.

I do apologize for getting a bit over zealous, I suppose.

However, this is how I exact a toll from STO for auto-silencing me.
Reporting the truth about it.
Getting my two days game play time or real money back.

And if you did not expect people to be upset when they were denied
paid services for no reason.. think again please.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
03-21-2010, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_James_of_Cadiz
no i wont stop...as i feel the definition based on the post you referenced and the link i referenced can be seen in differnt light.
so i am to just stop arguing cause you think your right and i am not?
while i get your point, you seem to fail at seeing mine.
it is not as black and white as you or the OP desire it to be. and thus the readson they are looking into more about the spam button and what is and what is not included. as you can see from this thread and my response, i think it was used accordingly.
but thats me.
Well then, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, as we've been doing for the past few posts, however be aware any reference you have made never mentioned the Report Spam function, which has been the topic from the beginning of my involvement in this thread. However everything I have mentioned has referenced it, with direct quotes from the Lead Game Master, of Star Trek Online.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:43 AM.