Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 41
03-21-2010, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalElf View Post
"our fleet does not need to advertise for members...we are just that good"

Ok, I'll bite.
How many in your fleet, let's have a screenshot to go with that.
How about a link to your website and forums?
And of course I assume you have a fully unlocked fleet bank?
And voice server?
How about the command structure of the fleet, is that documented
and in place?

Are you SERIOUSLY suggesting that fleets should not advertise in zone chat?
Wow.
lmao - you did bite...and bite more then you can chew as well.
can i make up numbers now to appease your senses?
should i inflate them or make them up so you can discredit anything i post?

i dont feel the request you have asked is worthy of a response simply due to your attitude and approach.
but ill offer a crumb for you to chew on...
we have vent....woot.

and yes...i pay NOT to see your fleet or any fleet spam chat with recruitment requests or messages.

hows them appples?
Lt. Commander
# 42
03-21-2010, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalElf View Post
All I can say is wow.

This is exactly the kind of person that is a problem here, judging
what is "real money transaction spam" verus anything else.

I do apologize for getting a bit over zealous, I suppose.

However, this is how I exact a toll from STO for auto-silencing me.
Reporting the truth about it.
Getting my two days game play time or real money back.

And if you did not expect people to be upset when they were denied
paid services for no reason.. think again please.
your ripe dude....
im the problem? im not the one spamming in chat for people to join a fleet...you are.
funny thing is, i think your the problem since it seems many others agree based on your quiet time.
Lt. Commander
# 43 Speechless
03-21-2010, 04:28 AM
Lt. Commander
# 44
03-21-2010, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReEker
Forum laywerism? You're really good for a laugh. They set the terms for access to their services. That is all that needs to be said. I'm sure I don't have to go and copy+paste the whole EULA. Please.
naw...but if you desire to locate any place about websites or spamming id be interested to see what you find.
for all we know, it could be less defined or more defined in the EULA...
happy reading
Lt. Commander
# 45
03-21-2010, 04:31 AM
I hope you both realize this forum isn't here for you both to get into it with each-other. There are more important topics that are getting buried because of this back and forth. Anyone's' warped interpretation of Cryptic's policies have no place in the Bug Forums. The Lead Game Master's words hold more weight than anything any player can post, so please let this thread die. There are people who have serious bug issues, and posting in this thread is possibly denying them resolution to their problems. This is the last time I'm going post in this topic, and I hope you do the same.
Lt. Commander
# 46
03-21-2010, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Well then, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, as we've been doing for the past few posts, however be aware any reference you have made never mentioned the Report Spam function, which has been the topic from the beginning of my involvement in this thread. However everything I have mentioned has referenced it, with direct quotes from the Lead Game Master, of Star Trek Online.
ok my response then im out for sleepy time...lol (yes you can take a break too)

the report spam is a general button...not everyone in the game sees these boards nor really i am sure bothers to look. so how do you tell all those others out there about the button?
spam is also different from one person to the next...
in order to resolve this, maybe cryptic should title one button "Gold Spam" and another "General Spam"
cause really - spam is spam no matter how you slice it or cook it.

the OP is just upset cause what he thinks is not spam to others it is. and i think he did not nor does take that into account when in chat.
Lt. Commander
# 47
03-21-2010, 04:41 AM
Quote:
I hope you both realize this forum isn't here for you both to get into it with each-other. There are more important topics that are getting buried because of this back and forth. Anyone's' warped interpretation of Cryptic's policies have no place in the Bug Forums. The Lead Game Master's words hold more weight than anything any player can post, so please let this thread die. There are people who have serious bug issues, and posting in this thread is possibly denying them resolution to their problems. This is the last time I'm going post in this topic, and I hope you do the same.
ok my last for now....

how is it a bug when it worked fine for the purposes of reporting?
this is not a bug per se...but a personal issue the OP had.
maybe he should have kept it that way then.

until later...
Lt. Commander
# 48
03-21-2010, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_James_of_Cadiz
ok my last for now....

how is it a bug when it worked fine for the purposes of reporting?
this is not a bug per se...but a personal issue the OP had.
maybe he should have kept it that way then.

until later...
And now I have to go back on my word.. Nowhere did I say anything in this thread was a bug. The whole thread is in the wrong forum section.

As for certain players not checking the forums, or claiming ignorance to changes in intended use of certain game functions, ignorance of the rules is no cause to claim ignorance when the rules are broken.The forums are open to all, paying customers, and no one is emailed, or even conventionally mailed when rules regarding certain in-game functions are changed. The Report Spam function was NOT used in the proper manner in this situation. That is my whole point.

This MentalElf guy was squelched, and wrongly so,as according to the rules cited by the Lead Game Master. The logs of the incident will be reviewed, I'm sure, and the people who used the Report Spam function on him will possibly be warned.

Its not a bug, no it is not. That's why I have kept saying to stop/close the thread. That doesn't mean he shouldn't bring his issue to attention. The Game Masters have said to use the Report Spam function for RMT spam "ONLY". Heed their words.

Those are my last words on the matter at hand.
Lt. Commander
# 49
03-21-2010, 05:31 AM
After reading this thread and digesting the arguements provided, here are the current results:

ReEker +1
MentalElf +2

Sir_James_of_Cadiz -10 (just leave the thread now - your losing badly)
Lt. Commander
# 50
03-21-2010, 05:41 AM
I applaud the intent of the ignore feature but i have to agree its not working right more then once i was trying to send a tell and click on wrong thing when mouse bugged or i slipped Give us an opps feature so we can say hey didn't mean that , its not perfect but would help:p
Closed Thread