Lt. Commander
# 51
03-21-2010, 03:31 PM
I'm impressed that a red shirt made admiral.
Lt. Commander
# 52
03-21-2010, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corban_Lewis
I'm impressed that a red shirt made admiral.
Congrats. Few get that joke.
Lt. Commander
# 53
03-21-2010, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral_Redshirt
Oh, and I'm a Systems Administrator. Imagine that.
I knew that the minute I read your screen name.

Last year I had a 'Star Trek Thanksgiving'. The grandkids and I made com badges out of construction paper and aluminum foil, and I served Warp Core Breaches in gold fish bowls. After the turkey and Klingon glakh (bowl of gummie worms), we all gathered in the rec room to watch the new Star Trek BD release (flat screen and 7.1 surround, of course).

My costume was a red shirt on which I marked "Expendable' .

At least this year I'll have a cool com badge from my STO CE edition.
Lt. Commander
# 54
03-21-2010, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackjackWidow
I knew that the minute I read your screen name.

Last year I had a 'Star Trek Thanksgiving'. The grandkids and I made com badges out of construction paper and aluminum foil, and I served Warp Core Breaches in gold fish bowls. After the turkey and Klingon glakh (bowl of gummie worms), we all gathered in the rec room to watch the new Star Trek BD release (flat screen and 7.1 surround, of course).

My costume was a red shirt on which I marked "Expendable' .

At least this year I'll have a cool com badge from my STO CE edition.
Awesome!
I actually had an original Warp Core Breach at Quarks at the "Star Trek Experience" in Vegas. (So glad I got to go there before they closed that down). Still have the glass. If I recall, the drink kicked a$$.

You know there is a website called thinkgeek where you can buy a red shirt that says "Expendable" on it in the Star Trek type face. Pretty cool. I may buy one.
Lt. Commander
# 55
03-21-2010, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral_Redshirt
Awesome!
I actually had an original Warp Core Breach at Quarks at the "Star Trek Experience" in Vegas. (So glad I got to go there before they closed that down). Still have the glass. If I recall, the drink kicked a$$.

You know there is a website called thinkgeek where you can buy a red shirt that says "Expendable" on it in the Star Trek type face. Pretty cool. I may buy one.
I nearly had a meltdown when I found out they were closing the Star Trek Experience. One of my favorite Vegas places; I even gave table play time to go through it. Got the Warp Core Breach recipe from a website run by the original barternders from Quark's bar. There's about 8 different types of rum plus an energy drink in that thing. Definitely kicks something.

Love Thinkgeek - their dinosaur plant is the only thing I have ever been able to grow. lol
Lt. Commander
# 56
03-21-2010, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I'm not sure what you definition of "financial professionals" involves, but I do payroll audits for WC and GL insurance
Hmmm, the Grand Nagus is doing the audits for insurance? That explains a lot.
Lt. Commander
# 57
03-21-2010, 04:17 PM
"I don't want to grow up, I'm a Toys' R Us kid, there's a million toys at Toys 'R Us that I can play with! More bikes, more trains, more video games, it's the biggest toy store there is! I don't want to grow, because then if I did, I wouldn't be a Toys 'R Us kid!"
Lt. Commander
# 58
03-21-2010, 04:34 PM
As a preschool teacher, I'm pretty sure it would hurt my job performance if I ever "grew up". At least, that's what I'm telling myself.
Lt. Commander
# 59
03-21-2010, 04:40 PM
Look, I'm 24...I'm an EMT for a living which means I have to act professional and mature when taking care of my patients and whatnot.

But oh my god I am one of the most immature and fun-loving people you will ever meet.

Child at heart FTW!!!
Lt. Commander
# 60
03-21-2010, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
I'm grown up. Kinda.

I still like to play dress up but call it cosplay to me sound more mature.
You are never too old to dress up ridiculously, play with Nerf guns, or duel to the death on internet forums for video-games.

I'd do all three if it wasn't so much work lol.