Lt. Commander
# 11
03-21-2010, 01:22 AM
SWG post NGE was and is the biggest mistake any mmo maker could make, the game was fine before NGE they lost players in droves and now all you see in cities etc are npcs.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-21-2010, 02:09 AM
pre NGE it was epic.....huge player made cities with players every where, an actual battle between the empire and rebellion, and planing on how to build your toon took days. then they did the NGE and CU and when o logged in i magicaly had my lvl 26 ship crafter maxxed at lvl 90. pre NGE if you heard the snap hiss of a lightsaber everyone looked cuz it was so rare. after NGE you had jedi everywhere.

if they released SWG pre NGE again i would never play another game....ever
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-21-2010, 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams
Indeed, SWG doesn't exist post NGE/CU in my mind and a lot of people I know.

It died that day, the BIGGEST failure in Gaming history. When SOE destroyed their diamond mine.
Yep, it is even listed as the greatest MMO failure. That was a very sad day indeed.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-21-2010, 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcomprime
I never played Star Wars Galaxies, but I read that when it came out it was very sophisticated, and not everyone could become a Jedi. When people left the game in droves they nerfed it so that pretty much everyone was a Jedi.

How does this game compare?
For the record, the players left in droves WHEN the NGE happened.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-21-2010, 03:14 AM
Nothing will beat SWG pre nge. not only was the game spectacular but the communities that we built on each server made the game that much more epic. A steaming pile of dog turd would rate higher than the NGE.

Then they killed Kettemoor... Curse you SOE.....
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-21-2010, 05:07 AM
there is no SWG post CU. The day they removed TKA the game died.
SOE will burn in hell.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-21-2010, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffomatic View Post
pre NGE it was epic.....huge player made cities with players every where, an actual battle between the empire and rebellion, and planing on how to build your toon took days. then they did the NGE and CU and when o logged in i magicaly had my lvl 26 ship crafter maxxed at lvl 90. pre NGE if you heard the snap hiss of a lightsaber everyone looked cuz it was so rare. after NGE you had jedi everywhere.

if they released SWG pre NGE again i would never play another game....ever
This, everything in this post I agree with 100%.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-21-2010, 08:30 AM
Its kind of funny: If I discovered SWG for the first time today, I would probably think it was the best game I ever played. But having played SWG for years and going through all its changes, I just dont enjoy it anymore. So if we're talking about SWG as it currently is with all the years of content it has vs STO as it currently is, and we're talking about from a brand new player's perspective, then it def goes to SWG. But from MY perspective, I'm enjoying STO.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-21-2010, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcomprime
I never played Star Wars Galaxies, but I read that when it came out it was very sophisticated, and not everyone could become a Jedi. When people left the game in droves they nerfed it so that pretty much everyone was a Jedi.

How does this game compare?
you cant compare .

I was Jedi pre patch 9 , mastered every profession in game to become Jedi , forgot how many there was 32? it was a whole different class of game , until WoW came out , Then Sony thought "hay if we dumb down the game will get 1mil subs" well they were wrong .
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-21-2010, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seliak View Post
you cant compare .

I was Jedi pre patch 9 , mastered every profession in game to become Jedi , forgot how many there was 32? it was a whole different class of game , until WoW came out , Then Sony thought "hay if we dumb down the game will get 1mil subs" well they were wrong .
Ohhhh how they were wrong.....So very very wrong.

I have never seen an MMO die so quickly.

You know what the funny part was? When people started leaving all they had to do was just revert back to what it was before. It wasn't too late to correct their mistake. Yet they were just too hard headed, they thought it would work out in the end.

WRONG.