Lt. Commander
# 1 Cross-Fleet Roleplay Group
03-21-2010, 07:05 AM
Hello all. I love to roleplay and I've done it for years on forums and in MMOs. I just can't find the right fleet in the right timezone. I've decided there is another way.

Rather than start or join a fleet dedicated to roleplay why not start a group spanning across fleets made up of roleplayers acting out their own storyline.
This would be ideal, I think, for anyone who loves to roleplay but is comfortable where they are.

It would also have the distinct advantage of allowing for more conflict and drama. We can have players from a range of background stories and factions involved whereas in roleplay fleets all characters must have a background story which leads them to join the fleet.

Events would be held on weekends to cross-timezone barriers as best as is possible.

I haven't got any firm ideas for storylines and would welcome input. Key features will be some sort of goal for which various sides are competing, ancient technology, the secret to eternal life etc.

If you're interested message me on Loreki Tal@Loreki in game or msn me at raznosgoth at gmail dot com.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-21-2010, 07:46 AM
The ACI would be interested in participating in such a group. We are a heavy roleplay fleet that is a scientific research wing of starfleet. While I don't exactly have any ideas for such a group at the moment, I am certain that we can work out ideas together.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-21-2010, 10:09 AM
Sure; glad to know you're onboard. I'll be in touch in game later on maybe we can figure something out.

Of course individuals are just as welcome as fleets. I know there's lots of RPers out there in non-RP fleets.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-21-2010, 12:56 PM
Any more roleplayers out there hiding in non-rp fleets?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-21-2010, 01:22 PM
Loreki,

We have started a very similar project at the www.gamers-domain.us site. currently there are Federation, Klingon, Gorn, Cardassian, and Romulan threads going with members partaking in only 1 or 2 factions. A 'Story master' has access to all the forums to feed intell from the other factions ( which are password protected to prevent spies gaining out of character knowledge to their advantage )

While the Federation players in the thread are in a fleet, joining that fleet is not required to participate in the forum RP. As an example I am a member of the Jevonite Order, Klingon Faction Cardassian fleet; however, I assist the Federation as a character in addition. ( after a long process to prove I could keep non-character knowledge of my characters seperate ) due to a low amount of Federation interaction. ( the one fleet has 2-3 RP minded individuals )

Not sure if this is they type of thing your looking for, but it's an option your welcome to partake in should you wish.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-21-2010, 01:28 PM
Loreki, I am very interested in what you're proposing.

I can be reached in-game at jaina@necoconeco.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-22-2010, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loreki View Post
Hello all. I love to roleplay and I've done it for years on forums and in MMOs. I just can't find the right fleet in the right timezone. I've decided there is another way.

Rather than start or join a fleet dedicated to roleplay why not start a group spanning across fleets made up of roleplayers acting out their own storyline.
This would be ideal, I think, for anyone who loves to roleplay but is comfortable where they are.

It would also have the distinct advantage of allowing for more conflict and drama. We can have players from a range of background stories and factions involved whereas in roleplay fleets all characters must have a background story which leads them to join the fleet.

Events would be held on weekends to cross-timezone barriers as best as is possible.

I haven't got any firm ideas for storylines and would welcome input. Key features will be some sort of goal for which various sides are competing, ancient technology, the secret to eternal life etc.

If you're interested message me on Loreki Tal@Loreki in game or msn me at raznosgoth at gmail dot com.
Count us in!

TASK FORCE FONTANA is very RP friendly! (though we have separate divisions for other gameplay types, most end up doing the RP with the rest of us LOL).

We would welcome the idea of adding our fleet to the cause! And I, for one, would be happy to help out in any way I can to get this going.

Our Admin Division officers will be monitoring an in-game story arch Friday night through Saturday (26th - 27th). You can look for me (IC or OOC) any time then.

You can check us out at www.stofontana.wordpress.com. We welcome PARTNERSHIPS as well as members!!!!
Lt. Commander
Greetings Captains,

My name is Lila Gehd, and I'm Section Chief for Starfleet Bureau of Investigations. We here at the SBI would be interested in working with you, so please feel free to contact me (@Arkady77 in game) if you're also interested.

((Starfleet Bureau of Investigations is a newly formed light/medium RP Fleet. We've just started recruiting for Agent status, so our ranks are a little thin at the moment, but we're trying every night for more quality Roleplayers, and the idea of Cross-Fleet Roleplay is something we were hoping would happen someday as well. If you're interested in joining us directly, or would like to discuss some in-game storyline ideas, please contact me.))

Admiral Lila Gehd,
Section Chief, Starfleet Bureau of Investigations (SBI)
Captain, U.S.S. Arithiel NX-93164 / U.S.S. Auriel NX-93136
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-24-2010, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkady77
Greetings Captains,

My name is Lila Gehd, and I'm Section Chief for Starfleet Bureau of Investigations. We here at the SBI would be interested in working with you, so please feel free to contact me (@Arkady77 in game) if you're also interested.

((Starfleet Bureau of Investigations is a newly formed light/medium RP Fleet. We've just started recruiting for Agent status, so our ranks are a little thin at the moment, but we're trying every night for more quality Roleplayers, and the idea of Cross-Fleet Roleplay is something we were hoping would happen someday as well. If you're interested in joining us directly, or would like to discuss some in-game storyline ideas, please contact me.))

Admiral Lila Gehd,
Section Chief, Starfleet Bureau of Investigations (SBI)
Captain, U.S.S. Arithiel NX-93164 / U.S.S. Auriel NX-93136
(( You may expect a call from my Lt.JG N'Vek ))
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-24-2010, 09:29 AM
This is all great. I'll begin contacting all interested parties. I suggest some kind of meeting on 3rd of April (Saturday) to discuss next steps. Any preliminary objections to that date feel free to note them.

I'll be sending in game mails to all interested parties shortly with details such as a rough agenda. You should all feel free to add or object to that too.

Feel free to add @Loreki to friends in the mean time!