Lt. Commander
# 1 A great new add on "future"
03-21-2010, 08:39 AM
This is what I would like to see in the future of trek online. I am no programmer and don't know if this even could be done in the game we have. But it seems to me the format is already there.

My vision of the future....
Kill the pvp as we know it. Have the Kling-Fed be able to invade "certain" planet systems in each other Territories at any given time. I don't mean all the systems just certain ones. Once there they would be able to hold that system. Until the other can take it back. "Space and ground" I heard a long time ago that fleets will be able to build there own bases. What if klin-fed would be able to build bases and defend on the plants they conquer. Or "easier" way take over a base that might already be there. Once a base is taken over it would become just like any other race base. "taylor, equpipment, exchange" in the conquering race format. The opposing planet race might take back the system easy if the enemy does not have a lot of forces there when they attack. Or maybe they will need a lot of ships because the system base at the time has a lot of protection.

Would it not be cool if your on the base and the lights dim and the base goes to red alert. Everyone beams to there ship for battle! Or the base ships are overwhelmed and suddenly the enemy is running threw the base firing on people while there visiting the taylor

Lets add some merchants!!
We already have commodities. I have a hold full of them now. Lets create a merchant class. In the universe above there roll would be taking commodities to the bases or systems. They would be able to go to ether races areas and explore and sale there goods. Lets create systems that only they can go. Places for them to find special metals and weapons. Then they can go back and sale them or improve there own ships. Maybe they will have to evade fed-klion "player" patrols because they are trying to smuggle weapons/materials into enemy held systems. If they are found or killed they would have to go back and get the cargo again. It cant be to hard to program. We can already get item spawns on plants and ships. I am just talking certain planets that merchants can go down that regular players cant. Maybe have computer enemy protecting those planets.

So to put this together
Klingon player attack forces attacks and takes control of system "bla" in the Sirius Sector Block. "Bla" has a space base with limited shields and a planet that has pretty flowers and buildings. Once taken more players show up and make this a home base like sol system. They will be able to do anything in the base that a regular base does. But they have no real shields on base and without them federation players will be able to beam in and take the base. So a merchant player is told to go out and get some materials to build shields. He goes to a planet system and fight some computer bad guys and gets the materials. Avoids federation patrols asking questions like where are you going with those shield materials? Break threw a blockade and delivers the shields. Federation players get enough players together and attacks the Klingons players system "bla".
Big battle Klingons and fed arrive as the battle goes on. Finally the feds takes the bases shields down. They beam aboard and take on the player Klingons one on on at the base. Kills them all and takes and shields the base.

So now tell me it cant be done lol
Tell me what you all think! Just leave skill caps at the door. I would like to hear if this really possible and if you all would like it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-21-2010, 09:10 AM
Sounds good, not sure how all of that would/could be implemented, but if it was possible that would give a really dynamic player experience that most people might want to come back for
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-21-2010, 01:17 PM
Sounds hard at first but arent we already fighting pvp? Is it not on the sae server? Do we not already pic up items. Also like infected already fight on station?
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-21-2010, 01:19 PM
To Long, however I did read it! +1 for this
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-21-2010, 01:22 PM
This would be great +50
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-21-2010, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT_Marsh

Lets add some merchants!!
Of everything you said this line is the only thing I can get behind. Yes, add merchants, add a new class. give us something more that only the combat captain vocation. it is a desperately needed element.

Quote:
So now tell me it cant be done lol
Tell me what you all think! Just leave skill caps at the door. I would like to hear if this really possible and if you all would like it.
I am telling you that your overall idea can't be done. Plain and simple. The developers have said as much. What you are talking about here is a complete restructuring and rewriting of the base game. That cannot be done at this time and probably not in the near future. The potentual of it being done in the far or even median future would place such a change at a time when players will want what is there if not only for stability issues. such a stark change in function and code will introduce instability into the game and probably would be deemed "not worth the rick". You are talking about a near NGE level change. Such a change only leads to disaster.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-21-2010, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brex2 View Post
Sounds good, not sure how all of that would/could be implemented, but if it was possible that would give a really dynamic player experience that most people might want to come back for
was going to say the same thing sounds really good but donno how they would implement that.
Lt. Commander
# 8 why pvp??
03-21-2010, 02:40 PM
You say it cant be done. Meaning is the game written where PVP cant be a free for all always running? This is my first MMO all online game. But not my first online content game. In Half Life back in the late 90's I would pic a online game and hop in whenever. No q. Yea some matches would have limited players. But others would not. No waiting. I dont play much PVP yet bc I am alsways waiting. Again is there no way to just... jump into a online game. If so I dont see why you could not jump into a system for pvp like you do in SOL or a mission. Explain this to a 33 yr noob Really I am not joking help me understand.

The old borg mission war zone in beta had a glitich once. I warped in and was killed fast! I respawned and killed again. I finally saw it was feds killing me. I asked why? They said I showed up as a enemy.

Another instance is my friend made a klingon guy for his slot. I invited him to my bridge and my computer officers fired on him. I think they still do that. So why is PVP game seem to be a outside your normal game play. Why not show up at a system and kick but?
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-21-2010, 02:45 PM
Quote:
You say it cant be done. Meaning is the game written where PVP cant be a free for all always running? This is my first MMO all online game. But not my first online content game. In Half Life back in the late 90's I would pic a online game and hop in whenever. No q. Yea some matches would have limited players. But others would not. No waiting. I dont play much PVP yet bc I am alsways waiting. Again is there no way to just... jump into a online game. If so I dont see why you could not jump into a system for pvp like you do in SOL or a mission. Explain this to a 33 yr noob Really I am not joking help me understand.

The old borg mission war zone in beta had a glitich once. I warped in and was killed fast! I respawned and killed again. I finally saw it was feds killing me. I asked why? They said I showed up as a enemy.

Another instance is my friend made a klingon guy for his slot. I invited him to my bridge and my computer officers fired on him. I think they still do that. So why is PVP game seem to be a outside your normal game play. Why not show up at a system and kick but?
I think he is saying cant because the engine they bult the game around will not be able to handle the idea you suggested. But Dont take my word I am not that tech savy when it comes to gaming engines.