Lt. Commander
What is with all this whining about the patch being late =/
Seriously. it's not... the website states it is to be released anywhere between the 18th and the 31st,
This means that it could be released on the 31st if Cryptic so feels like it and it'll still be on time.
To believe it's going to instantly be released on the 18th is just stupid and fool hardy.
If you want the patch so badly why not just play the test server? Duh!
personally people need to just enjoy the content that is out already and be patient
i'm sure that you haven't seen/done everything the universe has to offer yet, and the patch isn't even adding that much new content, it's mostly fixing gameplay issues,(like cannon power issues) adding better graphics and adding some new c-store stuff.... are you all so impatient to spend more money on c-store stuff that you complain about having to pay your subscriptions, just so you can turn around and spend more money? idiotic if you ask me.. "i want to spend more money so i'm going to complain about the money i'm already spending someone call the wahbulance"
it's like a week, thats 7 days... how long did you wait for the release of sto after it was annonced it was being developed? alot long i bet, you didn't complain then, so why complain now.
personally i'm glad they aretaking a little while to fix last minute bugs in the patch, i'd rather have a patch that's late and bug free then a patch that's early and filled with bugs.
chances are all the people complaining about the patch being late will just complain about the new content when the patch is release, is there no pleasing you people?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-21-2010, 02:26 PM
I am not a patient

EDIT:Though maybe i should be.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-21-2010, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatsEntertainment
I am not a patient

EDIT:Though maybe i should be.
patients in not about sitting and waiting for something new, patients is about entertaining yourself with what you already have.
or, in other words,
instead of focusing on the new content that's coming out, why not focus on the missions you have yet to complete or that gear you've been trying to get, then when the patch does come out you'll have shiny new gear to test out with the new content, it'll also make the wait time seem alot less if you're keeping busy and entertained

the old analogy of watching toast cook comes into play here...the toaster never pops while you watch it, you can sit and watch it for hours and it'll never pop, but the second you blink or look away or get distracted for what ever reason -pop- the toast pop and you have fresh yummy toast with which to enjoy!
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-21-2010, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by homsikpanda View Post
patients in not about sitting and waiting for something new, patients is about entertaining yourself with what you already have.
or, in other words,
instead of focusing on the new content that's coming out, why not focus on the missions you have yet to complete or that gear you've been trying to get, then when the patch does come out you'll have shiny new gear to test out with the new content, it'll also make the wait time seem alot less if you're keeping busy and entertained
Like i said i am not a patient.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-21-2010, 02:30 PM
I take care of patients at work.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-21-2010, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatsEntertainment
Like i said i am not a patient.
if i'm spelling it wrong you could atleast be kind enough to give me the correct spelling =/
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-21-2010, 02:32 PM
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-21-2010, 02:32 PM
am not in a hurry to get the 45 day fluff patch, IMOA then can flush it
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-21-2010, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by homsikpanda View Post
if i'm spelling it wrong you could atleast be kind enough to give me the correct spelling =/
patience

No char
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-21-2010, 02:37 PM
Caps lock is bad. Shift isn't.

Also, the spelling you're looking for is 'patience'. It's amazing BTW. I was fully expecting to be reading some semi-intelligible garble when I clicked on this topic. Instead I get a first post with

a) wall-of-text syndrome, but that can easily be rectified,
b) near perfect spelling, leaving the 'patients' bit aside,
c) capitalization. The lack of which is my biggest complaint.

Seriously, don't even get used to not using shift. You will have to when you eventually get that job you'll be aiming for at the latest. Getting used to a bad habit is easy. It's the getting rid of them part that's hard.

d) Oh, and I nearly forgot about the valid points you raised. IMHO. My bad.