Lt. Commander
# 11
03-21-2010, 04:03 PM
They is no profit in gold spam because there isn't much to do with credits.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-21-2010, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
They is no profit in gold spam because there isn't much to do with credits.
Kitkfat..... didn't we execute you in accordance with the Inappropriate Name Accord?
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-21-2010, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenSorce View Post
Cryptic wins at this. At least in my case both in-game and on the forums. I only hope this is due to Cryptic's efforts and not simply a decision on the part of the gold sellers to abandon this market because they see the game as dead. If it's the former: Thanks, well done.
Being on the inside I know the exact date and time our anti-gold spammer features get rolled out. Since the latest release I haven't gotten a single in-game spam email, where as I used to average 1 or 2 a day. It's been about two weeks since that update so yes, our efforts are defiantly working, which is awesome to see.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-21-2010, 04:10 PM
I generally get about 1 per week in my mail box...but haven't seen any in game
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-21-2010, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamonds View Post
Being on the inside I know the exact date and time our anti-gold spammer features get rolled out. Since the latest release I haven't gotten a single in-game spam email, where as I used to average 1 or 2 a day. It's been about two weeks since that update so yes, our efforts are defiantly working, which is awesome to see.
This is awesome. I too have noticed a sharp decline in gold spam, and it's such a huge relief. Epic win on Cryptic's part.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-21-2010, 04:11 PM
Come to think of it, my last gold spam pm was 3/14. I usually get about 2 a day.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-21-2010, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenSorce View Post
Kitkfat..... didn't we execute you in accordance with the Inappropriate Name Accord?
I want to change it but I can't. I didn't realize that my login name would become my forum and ship name. It sucks.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-21-2010, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
I want to change it but I can't. I didn't realize that my login name would become my forum and ship name. It sucks.
Hey I'm just playing with you bro. Your name is quite tame compared to the ones I've seen. Besides, your name is canon, we all saw Kirk in ST: Generations. I just remember you posted in that thread :-)
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-21-2010, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Again, good job! Diamonds, please extend our gratitude to the appropriate parties :-)
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-21-2010, 05:16 PM
Quote:

Thanks for this info and for getting to the bottom of this. I was not aware something was put in place recently to combat the gold spammers.