Lt. Commander
# 21
03-21-2010, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamonds View Post
Being on the inside I know the exact date and time our anti-gold spammer features get rolled out. Since the latest release I haven't gotten a single in-game spam email, where as I used to average 1 or 2 a day. It's been about two weeks since that update so yes, our efforts are defiantly working, which is awesome to see.
Or maybe it's because so many people have left the game the gold sellers finally realize that the game is Doomed and are jumping ship.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-21-2010, 07:18 PM
Aww, now I'm never going to reach my goal of over 200 gold spammer accounts ignored. But regardless it is nice to see a very noticeable decrease.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-21-2010, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatsEntertainment
Or maybe it's because so many people have left the game the gold sellers finally realize that the game is Doomed and are jumping ship.
You can say that all you want, but it won't make it true. The fact is that the spam rate plummeted the moment we fixed the loophole in our auto-silencing code that the spammers were using to get around it. It no longer became worthwhile for the spammers to run through the tutorial to get to earth spacedock, because they would get auto-banned due to player spam reporting on the first or second line of gold spam they put in zone chat.

But the spammers haven't given up! You can still see them at the start of the tutorial. They have the default character appearance, and are often seen doing the scanning effect every few seconds. What they are doing is spamming out emails. However their script doesn't know when they have been silenced, so they will continue trying spam for hours and hours with zero effect, since their messages are not being sent. Eventually a GM will processes the ticked and ban their account permanently, but in the mean time they are not really bothering anyone.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-21-2010, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic

However their script doesn't know when they have been silenced, so they will continue trying spam for hours and hours with zero effect, since their messages are not being sent.

This is absolutely hilarious. I say leave them hanging in limbo talking to nobody.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-21-2010, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic
You can say that all you want, but it won't make it true. The fact is that the spam rate plummeted the moment we fixed the loophole in our auto-silencing code that the spammers were using to get around it. It no longer became worthwhile for the spammers to run through the tutorial to get to earth spacedock, because they would get auto-banned due to player spam reporting on the first or second line of gold spam they put in zone chat.

But the spammers haven't given up! You can still see them at the start of the tutorial. They have the default character appearance, and are often seen doing the scanning effect every few seconds. What they are doing is spamming out emails. However their script doesn't know when they have been silenced, so they will continue trying spam for hours and hours with zero effect, since their messages are not being sent. Eventually a GM will processes the ticked and ban their account permanently, but in the mean time they are not really bothering anyone.
Prove me wrong. show some sub numbers and shut us up.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-21-2010, 08:45 PM
Quote:
DUDE you just got slapped lol , and that your best come back ? I can just see the whole office LOL'ing at you at this point , *OH OH boss ThatsEntertainment needs proof , I have never seen a dev respond to troll before like that , great stuff , I will re-sub just for that.

Good night

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Your Pal, Indigofyre
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-21-2010, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seliak View Post
DUDE you just got Bit*h slapped lol , and that your best come back ? I can just see the whole office LOL'ing at you at this point , *OH OH boss ThatsEntertainment needs proof , I have never seen a dev respond to troll before like that , great stuff , I will re-sub just for that.
Funny stuff
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-21-2010, 08:48 PM
Quote:
I second this, I find it hard to believe they simply quit because it wasn't worth the effort to go through the tutorial and then get banned. They've been pretty dedicated, as you said. Personally, I think its got more to do with the lack of value of currency in the game. I'd like to see sub numbers because not only would it show us some transparency within the company (A willingness to show us what is really going on, good or bad), but because I think it factors into their absence. Of course your efforts largely helped, but I think this is a decent olive branch from you guys to us. You've made claims about only a small percentage of the population being Admirals, etc, show us. Be honest with us, it will help you in the long run.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-21-2010, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seliak View Post
DUDE you just got Bit*h slapped lol , and that your best come back ? I can just see the whole office LOL'ing at you at this point , *OH OH boss ThatsEntertainment needs proof , I have never seen a dev respond to troll before like that , great stuff , I will re-sub just for that.
If he answers me i will re sub to. And i did not see it as a slap i saw it as him lashing out and defending his company which he should do so no i do not see it as a slap. As for you you are just trying to derail my question to him so you get a cookie.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-21-2010, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkornn
Its because there is no economy in STO, add that with massive subscription drop offs, the spammers cannot afford to scam this game anymore... Its a sad day...
No, its because its not that hard to earn it for yourself. Why would you pay for something that is easy to get. And besides you get fairly decent drops in the game anyway. Theres no reason to pay those really high prices. Theres nothing out yet worth paying 1 million for etc.