Lt. Commander
# 1 Walk - Sprint
03-21-2010, 03:37 PM
I must ask: Why do you have to keep pressing the Walk key, when it should toggle. Then when you hit the sprint key, you keep sprinting until you tiire out. I would like to be able to walk around a Star Base, (or anywhere for that matter) without being reguired to hold down the Walk key. Yes, I have used bind key to move walk close enough to w (move forward) with one hand, however these two seem backward to me.

MERG made an excellent post on Walk Toggle http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...ht=toggle+walk

/bind key ++walk

will make key (i.e. Z) of your choosing toggle walk when you move forward.

Thanks Merg!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-21-2010, 09:50 PM
Sprint already works like this. Press shift, you sprint. It's actually rather annoying, because you have to be pressing shift in order to roll when you press spacebar while sprinting, but you can let it go and keep sprinting.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-22-2010, 03:36 PM
one thing that annoys me is you can't switch from "W" to using the mouse directional while sprinting without losing your sprint.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-23-2010, 07:13 AM
It isn't exactly a toggle, but a nice GM showed me how to walk in station using just the directional keys. just type /walk 1 to turn walking on, and /walk 0 to turn it off. That may not be a total cure for everyone, but it sure helps me.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-23-2010, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semley View Post
I must ask: Why do you have to keep pressing the Walk key, when it should toggle. Then when you hit the sprint key, you keep sprinting until you tiire out. I would like to be able to walk around a Star Base, (or anywhere for that matter) without being reguired to hold down the Walk key. Yes, I have used bind key to move walk close enough to w (move forward) with one hand, however these two seem backward to me.

MERG made an excellent post on Walk Toggle http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...ht=toggle+walk

/bind key ++walk

will make key (i.e. Z) of your choosing toggle walk when you move forward.

Thanks Merg!
Z is your swap weapon key, might want to pick another key.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-23-2010, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShirtedExtra
Z is your swap weapon key, might want to pick another key.
I would use Y, myself. It's just the "fire on my target" thing for BOs, which is easily clicked.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-24-2010, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
I would use Y, myself. It's just the "fire on my target" thing for BOs, which is easily clicked.
I have fire on my target set to ` and is hit more often than my secondary attack. But Y is good key, its just too far from home for me for fire on my target.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-25-2010, 06:01 AM
When I started playing, I also wanted a Walk option.

But then, it seemed less and less appropriate.
Because I would only want to walk around in places that are disappointingly missing from the game: my ship's interiors, *functional* Bridge, Ready Rooms, Sickbays, Loading Docks, Conference Rooms, Ten Forwards, Transporter Rooms ... so on.

In addition, the grotesquely oversized interiors make you feel you are wasting your time when you are just walking around.

... and another thing about the current ++walking solution is it realigns the camera constantly.

... and another thing about the current walking animation is that it is *still* too fast.
Your feet slide forward on the ground as you "walk".