Lt. Commander
So, I have a question. I noticed that after clicked on this, it took me to an atari page. It says, "BUY STAR TREK ONLINE FOR THE CHANCE TO WIN AN ULTRA RARE BOX SIGNED BY ZACH QUINTO!" Yet, just below it, it says no purchase necessary to enter or win.

It made my head hurt, can anyone clarify? Do I have to buy the game or not to enter?

***I found this ad on the the main page of the STO website (you know, the one you're on =P), but here's the link.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-21-2010, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Satyr
So, I have a question. I noticed that after clicked on this, it took me to an atari page. It says, "BUY STAR TREK ONLINE FOR THE CHANCE TO WIN AN ULTRA RARE BOX SIGNED BY ZACH QUINTO!" Yet, just below it, it says no purchase necessary to enter or win.

It made my head hurt, can anyone clarify? Do I have to buy the game or not to enter?
perhaps linking to the page would help. also you might be able to enter into the draw by just asking to be entered but instead of buying the game would have to answer an extremely skill testing question correctly instead.... i know some "no purchase nessisary" contest do that where you can still enter but instead of buying the box you have to answer a super skill testing question
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-21-2010, 04:57 PM
since you cant be bothered to look here
HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES FOR FREE BY MAIL: To enter the Sweepstakes for free by mail, hand print (no photocopied, computer generated facsimiles, mechanically reproduced or mass entries permitted) your first and last name, street address (no post office boxes), city, state/province, zip/postal code, daytime telephone number, date of birth and (if applicable) e-mail address on a postcard only and mail the completed postcard entry to “ZACH QUINTO GIVEAWAY”, PO BOX 6041, SHERMAN OAKS, CA 91413 (“Mail-in entry”). ENTER AS OFTEN AS YOU WISH BY MAIL, BUT ALL MAIL-IN ENTRIES MUST BE MAILED SEPARATELY. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE POSTMARKED AND RECEIVED ACCORDING TO THE SCHEDULE DETAILED BELOW TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR SPECIFIC RANDOM DRAWING(S).

http://www.atari.com/images/games/STOL/rules.php
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-21-2010, 05:33 PM
Who is Zachary Quinto?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-21-2010, 05:41 PM
think he started quiznos
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-21-2010, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadoka
since you cant be bothered to look here
HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES FOR FREE BY MAIL: To enter the Sweepstakes for free by mail, hand print (no photocopied, computer generated facsimiles, mechanically reproduced or mass entries permitted) your first and last name, street address (no post office boxes), city, state/province, zip/postal code, daytime telephone number, date of birth and (if applicable) e-mail address on a postcard only and mail the completed postcard entry to “ZACH QUINTO GIVEAWAY”, PO BOX 6041, SHERMAN OAKS, CA 91413 (“Mail-in entry”). ENTER AS OFTEN AS YOU WISH BY MAIL, BUT ALL MAIL-IN ENTRIES MUST BE MAILED SEPARATELY. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE POSTMARKED AND RECEIVED ACCORDING TO THE SCHEDULE DETAILED BELOW TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR SPECIFIC RANDOM DRAWING(S).

http://www.atari.com/images/games/STOL/rules.php
Thanks, I missed that part. Also, I don't appreciate the jerk comment before your helpful one.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-21-2010, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Satyr
Thanks, I missed that part. Also, I don't appreciate the jerk comment before your helpful one.
sorry, thats just the way I is
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-21-2010, 06:02 PM
Well, keep in mind that what goes around, comes around. I thank you for your apology btw.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-21-2010, 06:15 PM
forum search would have helped too.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=140772
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-21-2010, 06:21 PM
I did a search for "Quinto" and "signed copy." For some reason, I ended up with nothing.