Lt. Commander
# 11
03-25-2010, 08:24 PM
Post patch, some strategies are no longer feasible due to plasma. Just was in a grp for about 90 minutes with 4 attempts on the queen each ending in a wipe long before seeing her health drop below 90%. Is the trick to get everyone in melee range and hope to god your tough enough to survive the blue circle debuff of doom?
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-26-2010, 08:39 AM
Did her last night using the same strat we always do. Now she just always attack which is fine. Use hypos and have a sci heal everynow and then. Still easy, actually easier since you now have less respawns.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-26-2010, 01:12 PM
Now you have to pretty much fight her in the middle.

1. Spread out a bit.

2. Use cover shields so she losses line of sight while you heal.

3. Hypos, shields charges to keep the pressure of your medic.

4. Just stay alive and wear her down tbh....
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-26-2010, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avalonpilar View Post
Post patch, some strategies are no longer feasible due to plasma. Just was in a grp for about 90 minutes with 4 attempts on the queen each ending in a wipe long before seeing her health drop below 90%. Is the trick to get everyone in melee range and hope to god your tough enough to survive the blue circle debuff of doom?
There is no "queen" in this episode.

As long as you have the person with the "blue circle debuff" move away from everyone else, it's pretty easy. It's a DPS encounter; if you have good DPS it's actually very easy. If you have poor DPS, or you spend too much time fiddling with devices and doing cardio jumps, then you will struggle.

If everyone has good gear, you can actually heal through the AoE with hypos, and just straight DPS her down pretty quickly.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-26-2010, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trancer9 View Post
My question is, does Gozer get some sort of prize for how many players quit because the only end game content is too hard for the average player?

The elite group of players, are neither loyal players nor do they make up the large percentage of the player base, in a sense they are like locusts, the go from game to game eating up all the resources while the main player base gets frustrated with the nerfs and the insanely hard content.

Gozer,

Why are you catering to the elites? Most of the players in this game are ADULTS, even older guys like me, unlike wow, why do you put that "Super Mario Brothers" jumping crap in your game?

This is not good for business, I will be glad when your superiors realize this.

Star Trek is not as big of a franchise as the Tolkien Fantasy franchise, you cannot afford to alienate half your player base.

That being said, I really love this game, I have Three RA5's but there is nothing left for me to do, Infected and Cure are too hard, and daily B'tran for badges is getting very boring.

Please stop catering to the "locusts" either make Infected and Cure easier, or add some content for the average RA5.
QFT (difficulty slider would fix this problem too)