Lt. Commander
# 31
03-21-2010, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
eugenics is outlawed.

edit: and with as many as 37 states willing (stating that they will) challenge said bill, this is far from over.
I don't believe it will pass, and I am more or less indifferent on the bill. I will support universal healthcare, this is probably a half baked measure, and I have no clue what exactly they passed.
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-21-2010, 10:28 PM
Quote:
and even then, replicators cannot replicate living matter.
Ah but transporters can.. I thought they were based on the same ST principles
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-21-2010, 10:29 PM
actually, the real power will rest with the planet or group with the firepower to force those two planets to make replicators for only them...

for free or for next to nothing....

that's the sad reality as I see it though.
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-21-2010, 10:30 PM
This thread is just wrong. Not only is it a violation of the Forum Usage Guidelines, but a discussion about a subject that some people regard as individual rights, others see as a financial issue, and many feel is a matter of life and death just doesn't belong in a game forum. Especially Ten Forward.
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-21-2010, 10:32 PM
I think we all agree that this may be the wrong forum, but it certainly seems like an interesting and even "Trek Related" discussion. I say it should stay open.
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-21-2010, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bos22
Ah but transporters can.. I thought they were based on the same ST principles
Exactly, they can replicate people and animals and have them be 'not dead' when they are transported up from the surface of the planet.

If I had one of those things I would make myself a clone army and take over the galaxy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bos22
I don't believe it will pass, and I am more or less indifferent on the bill. I will support universal healthcare, this is probably a half baked measure, and I have no clue what exactly they passed.
They passed the vote to agree on how they will vote for the bill.
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-21-2010, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigorius
This thread is just wrong. Not only is it a violation of the Forum Usage Guidelines, but a discussion about a subject that some people regard as individual rights, others see as a financial issue, and many feel is a matter of life and death just doesn't belong in a game forum. Especially Ten Forward.
Normally, I'd agree with you, but everyone's kept a pretty civil tone so far.

The way I see this bill, we've tried the same thing for so long, and it hasn't been working. Might as well try something different. Like Raven said, if the people don't like the results, they have a chance to change them come November.

Personally, I feel it's a step in the right direction.
Lt. Commander
# 38
03-21-2010, 10:42 PM
as one of my wise friends on FB pointed out...

/eyes baited trap... steps back
Lt. Commander
# 39
03-21-2010, 10:58 PM
Quote:
and even then, replicators cannot replicate living matter.
I don't know if that statement is true. Can't live Klingon food be replicated? I'm not sure i've ever seen it addressed on the show.
Lt. Commander
# 40
03-21-2010, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketch5430 View Post
I don't know if that statement is true. Can't live Klingon food be replicated? I'm not sure i've ever seen it addressed on the show.
star trek enterprise had an episode where an AI replicated that pilot (seriously forgot his name), he was completely dead.
Closed Thread