Lt. Commander
# 41
03-21-2010, 11:05 PM
I don't remember that one. I remember one where Trip Tucker was dieing and Phlox created a clone to harvest for organs.

I lost alot of respect for Archer on that one. He was always too willing to compromise his principles for my taste.

Edit: the pilot's name was Travis Mayweather,
Lt. Commander
# 42
03-21-2010, 11:26 PM
Lt. Commander
# 43
03-21-2010, 11:51 PM
I am all for an overhaul for healthcare. But with the bill in its current form, it is going to make a tough economy worse.
Lt. Commander
# 44
03-21-2010, 11:53 PM
Wow how did this end up here?
Lt. Commander
# 45
03-21-2010, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgemccain View Post
Wow how did this end up here?
Just smile and nod, McCain.

By the way, I voted for Obama. Sorry!
Lt. Commander
# 46
03-22-2010, 12:35 AM
So far it has been civil. If a mod closes it its ok. But if a mod would just put in here that as LONG as it stays civil it can remain open
Lt. Commander
# 47
03-22-2010, 01:14 AM
1. The majority are for it.

2. Your representitives don't always act based soley on consituents. Sometimes they act as "parents". They do what they think is best, not what they think you want.

3. When they're not doing the things mentioned above, they're acting in their own interests. If they're voting for the health care bill, they see something in it that will make them look good for having voted for it.

4. Your declaration quote is fine and dandy, but if you read a little farther it discuses the situation in more detail. "when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security" Passing a single healthcare bill is hardly a long train of abuses and usurpations.
Lt. Commander
# 48
03-22-2010, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoldPhusion
1. The majority are for it.

2. Your representitives don't always act based soley on consituents. Sometimes they act as "parents". They do what they think is best, not what they think you want.

3. When they're not doing the things mentioned above, they're acting in their own interests. If they're voting for the health care bill, they see something in it that will make them look good for having voted for it.

4. Your declaration quote is fine and dandy, but if you read a little farther it discuses the situation in more detail. "when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security" Passing a single healthcare bill is hardly a long train of abuses and usurpations.
Sir maybe you should read a little more. Congress derivies its power from the PEOPLE! They are therefor PROHIBITED from acting as parents. They MUST follow the people for what they want. If the majority of the people of there state say YES, then so be it. Vote Yay, but if the majority of the people say NO, then you have went against the wishes of the people and should be removed from office. Thats the problem with this country. Leaders doing what they THINK is best rather than doing what the people want. There is a long train of abuses. Using the "Deem and Pass" tactic is against the constitution of the united states 10th amendment to be exact. THAT IS ABUSE. READ THE CONSTITUTION. Attempts to control firearms in the United States is AGAINST THE CONSTITUTION. (2nd Amendment). Firearms are to protect us from the GOVERNMENT, not shoot each other. There should be SOME restrictions but to do away with it is HORRIBLE. Control of Information on the internet is another example. NO ONE OWNS THE INTERNET. THEREFOR THE GOVERNMENT HAS NO AUTHORITY TO CONTROL IT. WE THE PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT OF FREE WILL. I DO NOT BELIVE THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO TELL US EITHER YOU BUY HEALTHCARE OR BE FINED 2500 A YEAR. I will stand beside the 32 AG's who have now joined in the Lawsuit stating that the Healthcare bill violates the Constitution of the United States of America.
Lt. Commander
# 49
03-22-2010, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrTuvok
I know this isn't the place to put this,
This is when you should have realized not to do this. I know you are looking for an outlet but, ***k you sir/ma'm. This is a place of recreation, we have to hear about this issue night and day from all directions and you DARE bring this trash into a place we can come to forget the real world for but a few hours a day. Get out and do not come back, and enjoy the infraction.
Lt. Commander
# 50
03-22-2010, 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFork
This is when you should have realized not to do this. I know you are looking for an outlet but, ***k you sir/ma'm. This is a place of recreation, we have to hear about this issue night and day from all directions and you DARE bring this trash into a place we can come to forget the real world for but a few hours a day. Get out and do not come back, and enjoy the infraction.
As stated. It was worth it. This is one thread, one person, just me. Now had there been alot about this i would have prob been upset, but just one, dont see anything wrong with it

Oh and btw. The guidelines just said that the thread would be removed.
Closed Thread