Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
03-22-2010, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSIRockin
Just don't uncloak. The end. Lrn2playlulz.

But seriously, the hopeless no-win scenario you've just described is exactly like the one Feds face when fighting Ks with FBP, and when confronted with the gamebreaking idiocy of FBP, Klingons always reply with "Just don't shoot".
Yeah why shoot? When you can ram; have science snb; vm; have escorts focus on attack and cruisers on healing

It's not like all ships have fbp... it's not like they all run full aux; and if they do; fbp will be their only dps source while running so if you dont shoot; they do no damage... you can fire your "disable target subsystem aux" on them while using full aux power; so your dps will be low and the feedback ridiculously low as well.

The only two ships likely to have fbp with any real danger level; carriers and bop's... bop's structure is so much a joke you can probably one shot them from a ram (i one shot a science vessel that way, it was pristine then boom); as for carriers; slow enough that you can drag the fight away from them or mostly ignore them until you got rid of the others
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
03-22-2010, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efaris
Why do you guys continue to assume that just because we're Feds we don't understand PVP? Is it because we have more PVE content? So we must all be PVE scrubs?

Based on your argument, does this mean you will be forbidden to use this argument once the Klingon PVE content comes out?
I play both pvp Klingon and Federation. Feds play like Alliance in WoW and Klingon play like Horde. Why that is I don't know. I enjoy klingon pvp a lot more than Fed. Since I play both I think I can say that, something needs to be done to balance out the K vs the F, Klingon as we know should be powerful, but imo Klingon are way to powerful, I know this because as I said I play both.

I bet a Klingon LT. Commander could take a Fed RA5 to 50% before getting canned. That is just how I see it when I play my Klingon.

What I do see happening when the Klingon are nerfed and they are going to be nerfed that is definitely coming down the line is pvp will disappear completely for FvK.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
03-23-2010, 12:13 AM
I play both and while I am no expert at PvP the only thing I see wrong with the cloak in with Klinks is that you can activate pretty much any BO's ability when cloaked and when you uncloak its there. Personally I feel that is the only thing that needs to be looked at. I mean I get to line up a ship hit RFC 1 and HYT 2 and FBP 1 and then uncloak and release havok on a bunch of feds.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
03-23-2010, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
I play both and while I am no expert at PvP the only thing I see wrong with the cloak in with Klinks is that you can activate pretty much any BO's ability when cloaked and when you uncloak its there. Personally I feel that is the only thing that needs to be looked at. I mean I get to line up a ship hit RFC 1 and HYT 2 and FBP 1 and then uncloak and release havok on a bunch of feds.
I forget which powers are available while cloaked but no one in their right mind is going to activate RFC while cloaked and llose time on target or hit FBP when you aren't being fire at.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
03-23-2010, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwen

I bet a Klingon LT. Commander could take a Fed RA5 to 50% before getting canned. That is just how I see it when I play my Klingon.

.
How much you would like to wager?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
03-23-2010, 02:33 PM
Honestly I think the OP is a really silly suggestion. Just how long do you think it takes for torpedoes to get say 5km, about the range you can expect a Klingon to decloak at? Its more than a few seconds, factoring in reaction time, and there is no reason to expect you're even facing them when they decloak.

You don't keep a salvo ready for a decloaking Klingon, you keep it ready for a cloaking BOP, because those torpedoes will track long after they cloak, but I guarantee you they will never get there before the 3s it takes for the BOP to completely cloak unless you happen to be right on top of them when they cloak.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
03-23-2010, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohn View Post
Claiming that one side can't properly evaluate the systems of another is complete hogwash, plain and simple. We're not talking about forming opinions sight unseen, with no experience or context upon which to draw.
You are 100% incorrect. You have no knowledge of the decision and delicate timing involved in battle cloaking if you have not played the class at a sufficient high level, and PvP changes from tier to tier as well.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
03-23-2010, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
Honestly I think the OP is a really silly suggestion. Just how long do you think it takes for torpedoes to get say 5km, about the range you can expect a Klingon to decloak at? Its more than a few seconds, factoring in reaction time, and there is no reason to expect you're even facing them when they decloak.

You don't keep a salvo ready for a decloaking Klingon, you keep it ready for a cloaking BOP, because those torpedoes will track long after they cloak, but I guarantee you they will never get there before the 3s it takes for the BOP to completely cloak unless you happen to be right on top of them when they cloak.
Forget keeping a salvo ready. Just keep a Charge Partlcle Beam ready and poof, no cloak.

As for decloaking, do you have any idea how much damage is done by 5 quantum mines to a cloak BoP?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
03-23-2010, 02:42 PM
I am for whatver will make playing a Klingon at RA level fun enough that more people will do it. In fact, I WANT the average Klingon to be better than the average Fed. Easy win in PvP is NO FUN!

I want to go in there and get my ass handed to me until I learn how to adapt. I know my role - kill as many BoPs as I can before focus fire eats my lunch. Even if "as many as I can" is ONE. Or .5 or .25. As long as I get better, it's a win.

Let 'em have naked bridge officers, cloak, w/e as long as me and a decent premade can win SOME of the time, I'm in.

Glannon
USS Sociopath NCC-99420-D
Advanced Escort
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
03-23-2010, 02:51 PM
As a Bg I would recommend reducing the amount of hull strength that the fed ships have.
That way it will help level the playing field for us klingons. I've compared hull strength of each class and even the fed science vessel has a higher hull than a BG level bop.

Make cannons slower on escort class ships since most of them can completely destroy most ships rather quickly from what I've seen. Also lowering the turn rate on fed ships is recommended. Shield strength on fed ships needs to be lowered and their little happy bubble they like to use needs to be removed completely.

Do all of that then I will say that a 5 min cool down is a good idea.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:35 PM.