Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
What kind of helpdesk is this place running?

Who do I complain to? I've had ticket # 4916287 opened for more than two weeks with regards to my game client crashing all the time.

I dilegently did everything the support tech asked and provided prompt responses to requests for more information.

This morning I found the description of my issue edited to remove out all the responses I had provided to the support desk with a response from Support asking me to provide more information about my problem. Like someone didn't know what to do so they just decided to erase out my responses to drag out the ticket.

Well, thankfully I kept my own record of all the work, plus all the crash dumps I sent to crypted and I filled it all in again.

Checked this afternoon to find my ticket closed with a resolution to run my game with minimum graphics settings.... minimum graphics settings?! I'm running an ATI Radeon 5800 series and it's only capable of running this game in minimum graphics settings? WTF? You call that support?

That's Ticket 4916287. Please reopen the solution to run this game in low end graphics on my high end graphics card is not a solution, it's a weak, weak, weak cop out.

I call that completely innappropriate and lazy helpdesk attitude. I want my ticket re-opened, and I want someone to work with me until it's resolved.

I've also had another ticket opened for more than two weeks without anyone responding to my questions at all....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
03-22-2010, 03:21 PM
Sorry but your claim they should solve your technical problems is difficult to comprehend. If you would have a problem many others would have too then that's ok but seems so that your problem is caused by your computer hardware/software configuration. Game publishers can't test any possible hardware/software configuration because it would take forever.

If your client crashes all the time I would try different drivers or check the technical forums if other users with similar hardware had the same problem and what they did to solve it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
03-22-2010, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druuna
Sorry but your claim they should solve your technical problems is difficult to comprehend. If you would have a problem many others would have too then that's ok but seems so that your problem is caused by your computer hardware/software configuration. Game publishers can't test any possible hardware/software configuration because it would take forever.

If your client crashes all the time I would try different drivers or check the technical forums if other users with similar hardware had the same problem and what they did to solve it.

Difficult to comprehend? Come on. It's not difficult to comprehend frustration at poor support. And it's not unreasonable to expect an explanation as to why support feels my hardware is innadequate to run the game either. Is that too much to ask? You didn't go through all the support steps I've gone through with support. You have no idea whether or not it's hardware or my particular software. Unless you were the support tech who was working on my ticket you don't know much other than what I've typed up above.

Editing out the work history of a ticket, is not appropriate. Neither is closing a support ticket without a proper resolution and explanation to the customer.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
03-22-2010, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by disdamn
You have no idea whether or not it's hardware or my particular software.
True but I know that only few players have your problem so it's legitimate to assume it's not a problem of the gamecode but your hardware/software configuration.
If e.g. someone has a cooling problem which was not relevant in the past because he only played games with small power consumption and then he installed a game with high power consumption what causes frequent client crashes, and then this guy complaines on the forum of his new game that the customer services can't help him, what would you think about this guy? Is he right?

Keep in mind that the vast majority of STO players has no problems to run the game. It's not automatically Cryptics fault if someones client is permanetly crashing. Again: try different drivers, newest drivers must not be the best, sometimes an older driver works better. Maybe you have a cooling problem or maybe one of your RAM modules is damaged.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
03-22-2010, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by disdamn
What kind of helpdesk is this place running?

Who do I complain to? I've had ticket # 4916287 opened for more than two weeks with regards to my game client crashing all the time.

I dilegently did everything the support tech asked and provided prompt responses to requests for more information.

This morning I found the description of my issue edited to remove out all the responses I had provided to the support desk with a response from Support asking me to provide more information about my problem. Like someone didn't know what to do so they just decided to erase out my responses to drag out the ticket.

Well, thankfully I kept my own record of all the work, plus all the crash dumps I sent to crypted and I filled it all in again.

Checked this afternoon to find my ticket closed with a resolution to run my game with minimum graphics settings.... minimum graphics settings?! I'm running an ATI Radeon 5800 series and it's only capable of running this game in minimum graphics settings? WTF? You call that support?

That's Ticket 4916287. Please reopen the solution to run this game in low end graphics on my high end graphics card is not a solution, it's a weak, weak, weak cop out.

I call that completely innappropriate and lazy helpdesk attitude. I want my ticket re-opened, and I want someone to work with me until it's resolved.

I've also had another ticket opened for more than two weeks without anyone responding to my questions at all....

Im bored so if you want to pm me the log of your problem and what you tried so far, I'll see if I can fix it for you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
03-22-2010, 04:20 PM
One other thing I wanted to add. Ive run this game long enough now to know that if your getting constant crashing its not cryptics fault per say since its not a common problem for everyone. Ive had to day 7 crashes maybe. Each time its been random glitches that I have traced back to error handling conditions and not what Id call a game bug.

My friends that have low end machines on the other hand get crashes quite often but their machines are hardly what Id call up to date either. STO doesnt handle low memory amounts well at all and older video cards have a hard time graphics level of the game too.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
03-22-2010, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacrowz View Post
One other thing I wanted to add. Ive run this game long enough now to know that if your getting constant crashing its not cryptics fault per say since its not a common problem for everyone. Ive had to day 7 crashes maybe. Each time its been random glitches that I have traced back to error handling conditions and not what Id call a game bug.

My friends that have low end machines on the other hand get crashes quite often but their machines are hardly what Id call up to date either. STO doesnt handle low memory amounts well at all and older video cards have a hard time graphics level of the game too.

Thanks for the off dacrowz. At this point I'll take any friendly suggestions I can get. I just sent you a pm. let me know what you think I could try
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
03-22-2010, 05:06 PM
If you are constantly crashing could be a a problem with your client needing to be deleted and reinstalled and repatched from scratch. Very few cases of borked beta clients not patching up correctly since then poped up, more over I think the ppl with the closed beta client had more problems. I had a problem with a lot of client crashes at headstart and reinstalled and cleared it up, but I was only in open beta.

I'd try uninstall, registry cleaner, reboot, retail disk install and see if it helps.

Still that ticket situation doesnt seem right if you ask me
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
03-22-2010, 05:08 PM
Message sent.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
03-22-2010, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiRWaLKRe View Post
If you are constantly crashing could be a a problem with your client needing to be deleted and reinstalled and repatched from scratch. Very few cases of borked beta clients not patching up correctly since then poped up, more over I think the ppl with the closed beta client had more problems. I had a problem with a lot of client crashes at headstart and reinstalled and cleared it up, but I was only in open beta.

I'd try uninstall, registry cleaner, reboot, retail disk install and see if it helps.

Still that ticket situation doesnt seem right if you ask me
Good ideas, but probably won't do much. Reg cleaner would be of no use. This is a fresh win 7 install. And corrupted registry entries would show up in windows event logs every time windows tried to access them.

Not a beta client either. The game client is straight from cryptic and every time I start the game up from a crash it automatically verifies all the client files. Plus I've also started the game a couple of times with the verify switch to force it to check all files. Though really at this point, probably stretching so probably couldn't hurt anything to uninstall and re-install
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:57 AM.