Lt. Commander
# 11
03-22-2010, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericajoanne View Post
I'm so close to climbing in bed with my parents
And I totally thought holding you would work....
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-22-2010, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daevan
It's been storming all week here in Alabamaland. We were even under a tornado warning for most of yesterday.
Warning or watch?

Warning = Tornado spotted on the ground/one helluva doppler radar hook.

Watch = Tornado is possible / e.g. nasty thunderstorm with turbulence that is favorable for tornado formation.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-22-2010, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Eh don't worry about it. The odds of a tornado happening there is very low. If lightning were to strike your house/apartment/tent/whatever you live in (well, as long as it's beefier than a tent :p) you will probably be perfectly fine. Loss of power just sucks because you have to reset some clocks usually. It'll blow over in due time.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-22-2010, 08:10 PM
Quote:
You gots problems, you needs therapy.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-22-2010, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT26thES
Warning or watch?

Warning = Tornado spotted on the ground/one helluva doppler radar hook.

Watch = Tornado is possible / e.g. nasty thunderstorm with turbulence that is favorable for tornado formation.
I think it was a warning. I was asleep at the time, I only heard about it from a friend of mine.

Even if it was a warning, it probably wasn't that big.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-22-2010, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
Sounds like the perfect weather to play Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem.
That was an awesome game! I'd love to see a sequel to it. Or maybe we could play some Silent Hill:Shattered Memories.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-22-2010, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daevan
I think it was a warning. I was asleep at the time, I only heard about it from a friend of mine.

Even if it was a warning, it probably wasn't that big.
Hehehe true. Had a warning here last summer (the Stormchasers from the Discovery show were cruising around) and what was the reaction of the people here in town? We all went outside to look for it instead of be smart and seek shelter.

I guess the storm was so ready to crap out a tarnada that the Weather Channel had crews here following it hoping to capture and broadcast the first ever live event (yay death and destruction). Also the NOAA/colleges were here setting up probes that they wanted to be caught in the tornado. It was a little surreal the amount of traffic following it really. I have a pic on my phone of a funnel cloud (not a tornado until it touches down) just north of me and town. I was being an idiot chasing it in my beast of a stormchaser vehicle. The TIV 2 had nothing on me.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-22-2010, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raccoon_king View Post
That was an awesome game! I'd love to see a sequel to it. Or maybe we could play some Silent Hill:Shattered Memories.
Oh man my friend lent me one of the Silent Hill games. I was so scared haha. I was really bad at it and the monsters kept killing me.

My kitty came to sleep with me so I'm not too scared anymore. Just a little.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-22-2010, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Me too. Make room. Hi Mom, Dad. Why, yes these are adult size footie pajamas with little ducklings on them. And a tactical flap. Yes, I am wearing a diaper too. Don't judge, I'm on Alli and whiskey and ativan don't agree with it.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-22-2010, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT26thES
Hehehe true. Had a warning here last summer (the Stormchasers from the Discovery show were cruising around) and what was the reaction of the people here in town? We all went outside to look for it instead of be smart and seek shelter.

I guess the storm was so ready to crap out a tarnada that the Weather Channel had crews here following it hoping to capture and broadcast the first ever live event (yay death and destruction). Also the NOAA/colleges were here setting up probes that they wanted to be caught in the tornado. It was a little surreal the amount of traffic following it really. I have a pic on my phone of a funnel cloud (not a tornado until it touches down) just north of me and town. I was being an idiot chasing it in my beast of a stormchaser vehicle. The TIV 2 had nothing on me.
Heh, unless a tornado is tearing apart half of downtown, people here don't really give half a crap. They're so common around April to September. Luckily, my city is surrounded by a massive mountain range (the southern corner of the Appalachian Mountains, actually), so any tornado that approaches us hits the mountains and dissipates.

...Eternal Darkness? Just when I think you can't get more awesome, Raven, you prove me wrong. I saw a friend playing that game awhile back. Too bad I wouldn't have a Gamecube if you gave it to me, or I would've bought it.