Lt. Commander
While playing my engineer in C&H commander level. Engaged w/ 2-3 red team members, I don't really have time type for assistance. While trying to keep my ship from going "BOOM!" Sure theres team speak, and vent, but there should be a in game mechanic that allows players to know where the action is taking place, how many is involved. So the help would be on the way.

Its like having no communication in space, with all this advance technology.

On the other hand the red team can remain cloak and request assistance if they are just defending a point.

Where as the blue team, really can't do that. Especially those players really sloooooow at typing.

So an ingame macro, that can be utilize to inform the rest of the team where the action is and how many ships are involved would be nice.

Not like WoW, where u can see players from either side running to a point to turn a flag. Because both sides are pretty much visible. What makes STO pvp unique, as the two only present factions have a unique ability or style of ships. So for the STO devs, the lack of communication for either side, needs to be addressed. "just a push of a button, and "zing" a call for assistance can been made"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

on another note, PvP in the LT, and LT CDR level, is awesome, because theres no Sub Nuc, or VM.

Once i reach CDR level, and was sub nuc/ vm/, I was not enjoying the match anymore. I don't pvp at the CDR level w/ my eng in space. Same sub nuc/ vm tactic gets rather boring.

The best fights i had was with players who utilizes sensor scramble, or any other ability, minus the sub nuc/vm combo.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-23-2010, 02:38 AM
Heck I would go for the ability to see my team on the map no matter where they are. Just knowing where to go to group or re-group would help alot.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-23-2010, 04:23 AM
A little function with some basic premade commands would be realy nice.

Maybe something like in the good old first Unreal Tournament: A portrait of your Captain appears on a little display only vissible to your team members, coupled with a few short premade voice messages like "we are under heavy attack, our shields are breaking !" or "Targets shields are down, open fire!" for example.

I think something like this would help alot in those random vs random PvP matches and would also make a nice RP aspect.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-23-2010, 08:04 AM
I really think that if the length of combat was fixed, the length of SNB and VM wouldn't be as big a problem. Take a look at the Analysis post in my signature for some more information on that...
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-23-2010, 08:43 AM
Join a fleet that uses ventrilo, teamspeak, or skype.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-23-2010, 08:57 AM
Cheer up! There is this option since the very beginning of the game. Use this:

/bind yourKEYchoice "team Message $target"

This will bind the key of your choice to an automatic generated message to your team, saying "Message InsertsTheNameOfTheTargetYouCurrentlyHave"

An example, you want to tell everyone what you are targeting/killing right now when pressing the F9 key:

/bind F9 "team I am attacking $target"

You can of course write anything as Message and use any key.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-23-2010, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roter_Panda
Cheer up! There is this option since the very beginning of the game. Use this:

/bind yourKEYchoice "team Message $target"

This will bind the key of your choice to an automatic generated message to your team, saying "Message InsertsTheNameOfTheTargetYouCurrentlyHave"

An example, you want to tell everyone what you are targeting/killing right now when pressing the F9 key:

/bind F9 "team I am attacking $target"

You can of course write anything as Message and use any key.
I think he's more concerned about the fact that you can say "team I am attacking TribblesMustDie" but that doesn't do you any good if we don't know where that guy is or where the person who sent the message is. As in set a "rally point" marker in space that's visible to the team.

I think they need to set a "raid party" type super-team wrapper around everyone on one side in a pvp match when you start, and have a side-specific chat channel. That way everyone is visible on the map, and everyone can talk privately to coordinate. Without having to disband teams and join an existing one like we do now in order to get that functionality. And then, add a "rally point" function that sets a beacon on the map to direct others where to head to.