Lt. Commander
Hey there, guys~

I just wanted to ask if anyone fancied giving me a hand with my final year project by completing a simple survey online about games and their interfaces?
If you can take some time out to complete this survey, it's over here:
http://www.surveygizmo.com/s/248116/invisible-interface

Anyway, thanks in advance!

~ Iko
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-22-2010, 12:09 PM
Done and done :p
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-22-2010, 12:15 PM
I did it too. Now go make the best game ever.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-22-2010, 12:40 PM
I filled the survey out, and forgot to add a final comment, so I'll make it here:

I think the genre of game influences how I feel about the interface. For an FPS that's fast-paced and requires me being able to see as much screen as possible in case someone's hiding behind a bush or something, I want a minimalist HUD. But in a slow, laid-back RPG type game (I'm going to use Fable as my example for this) I'm much more forgiving of a big UI full of widgets. So basically, if I'm playing a fru-fru game, I'm not going to complain about a fru-fru interface. But if I'm playing a "serious" game, I expect a sleek interface.

But my first comment covered my overall opinion very well. Customization is the key to making me like an interface. Allow me to re-size, move, and hide every element, and I'll give you an A++ for interface design.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-22-2010, 12:47 PM
i have done it too

i also stole a cookie whilst you where not looking, but luckily its shows up on the map system :p

good survey by the way
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-23-2010, 12:55 AM
Hehehe, thanks and thanks and many thanks. ^^
Also, cookies are free all around. Woo~

Thanks for the responses and comments and such, it's all muchly useful in the framework development.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-23-2010, 12:58 AM
*fish lips*
Free cookie Chat what!?

Did the survey last night when slightly tired... So the extra comments might not be that coherent. :p
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-23-2010, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
*fish lips*
Free cookie Chat what!?

Did the survey last night when slightly tired... So the extra comments might not be that coherent. :p
That's okay, I'm quite proficient at understanding incoherent and muddled thought patterns, I deal with myself on a daily basis. Best training. ^^