Lt. Commander
# 1 What do I do with Samples
03-23-2010, 02:16 AM
Hi,

As i have been around the galaxy and collected samples, I dont seem to be able to do anything with them.
I was instructed to go to memory Alpha and talk to rommaine and purchase from her and then it would open up all the other staff to enable me to put my samples to good use.

I have tried this many times but am still left with a bucket load of samples that i cannot do anything with.

some help would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-23-2010, 02:18 AM
You have to use the tokens to upgrade items. When you reach a amount of value of the items then the others will unlock. There is a thread here on the forums that covers a lot of it. It might be in the Academy section. Might wanna check there.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-23-2010, 02:22 AM
You go to Earth Spacedock in Sol System, there is this Ebb guy, he gives you a quest to go to Memory Alpha to Romaine, you do that quest. Then you start buying items from Romaine for your samples (she has a Store option). Once you buy enough items from Romaine, you will be able to buy better items from other people around Memory Alpha.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-23-2010, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pertinax View Post
Hi,

As i have been around the galaxy and collected samples, I dont seem to be able to do anything with them.
I was instructed to go to memory Alpha and talk to rommaine and purchase from her and then it would open up all the other staff to enable me to put my samples to good use.

I have tried this many times but am still left with a bucket load of samples that i cannot do anything with.

some help would be most appreciated.

Thanks
or sell them in the exchange for surprisingly high sums of Energy Creds.

I've never had less than a million in the bank primarily because I hate crafting and sell all my samples.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-23-2010, 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Oberion
or sell them in the exchange for surprisingly high sums of Energy Creds.

I've never had less than a million in the bank primarily because I hate crafting and sell all my samples.
Yea or this. Sell them to me, I want the green in particular, but will take any except orange and yellow.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-23-2010, 02:45 AM
Dont forget also you need a white item to upgrade with the samples (Look at the item which tells you what samples you need and it will say)

Also you can put all those samples in your bank and you don't need to put them back in your inv when you go to memory alpha, Just use them at the Item vendor which is pretty handy to save inventory space.

Heres an handy guide, Hope it helps.

http://www.squidoo.com/star-trek-online-crafting-guide
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-23-2010, 02:57 AM
Right click - discard, always helps for me...
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-23-2010, 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyyy View Post
Would it not be better to give them to your Fleet or someone else? Doing that is silly as someone could benefit from them and why waste your time collecting them?
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-23-2010, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyyy View Post
Do that and you're missing a trick. But your choice

That said, I'm not sure why you'd pick them up in the first place if thats what you do with them?
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-23-2010, 03:34 AM
I've just left all mine in my Bank (which is 3/4 filled up with these now with 50 a piece!) I didn't think about selling them in the exchange, maybe i'll do that!