Lt. Commander
# 1 Stop harassing your customers
03-23-2010, 02:39 AM
So, i'm cruising the forums a few days ago and read a post made in the brightest green text i've ever seen. I mean, literally, this wall of bright green actually makes it difficult to read what the OP is talking about. I make a light-hearted joke about not being able to find my sunglasses to read the post...and suddenly find myself with an email from the moderators stating i have received an "infraction" for flaming.
Seriously Cryptic, stop harassing your customers for mild jokes when they had no intention of starting fights and deal with the more important issues, for instance the dozens of spam mails i get in my inbox everyday...not to mention the constant stream of it in chat channels in-game. I'm tired of hearing about the multitides that are getting infractions or bans for saying something so mild, or even being banned for apparently being rude when they weren't even logged in for near a week.
It was no surprise to me hearing that so many that quit WoW or other games for STO have now gone back with the total lack of respect your show your customers. If this is the way you run your games, STO is guaranteed to go under in a short space of time. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if i saw this game has gone free soon due to lack of customers.
For god's sake, DDO is completely free, and i get no such treatment from the staff there, and have yet to recieve a single spam message. You've got plenty of money coming in from your players, yet you ignore the spammers and refuse to acknowledge the multitude of bugs nearly every player reports.
Get it together or no customer will trust you again.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-23-2010, 02:42 AM
Brad, just a friendly reminder that discussing administrative action against you is not allowed and violates the TOS rules. I feel for you but getting another infraction won't help you at all. Contact a mod privately and explain your situation, odds are you might even get it reversed. I suggest you drop the subject here and take it up with them personally before you receive a face full of flame...I'm not threatening you, I'm just trying to advise you helpfully. Good luck.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-23-2010, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonaSamurai
Brad, just a friendly reminder that discussing administrative action against you is not allowed and violates the TOS rules. I feel for you but getting another infraction won't help you at all. Contact a mod privately and explain your situation, odds are you might even get it reversed. I suggest you drop the subject here and take it up with them personally before you receive a face full of flame...I'm not threatening you, I'm just trying to advise you helpfully. Good luck.
Thanks for the advice, and i'm aware i shouldn't post about specific actions taken, but at this point i'm leaving anyway over the level customer service here so it doesnt bother me if i get completely banned. I just wanted the staff to know they cant treat their customers like this and expect us to take it quietly, when we haven't even done anything wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-23-2010, 02:47 AM
problem is he has a point. and the rules of non talking about this sort of thing. feels like a dictatorship to me. i feel their time and effort should be aimed at trolls and stopping this spam crap. and just let us paying foaks get on with it and have some fun.....
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-23-2010, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Bunny View Post
feels like a dictatorship to me. i feel their time and effort should be aimed at trolls and stopping this spam crap. and just let us paying foaks get on with it and have some fun.....
couldnt agree with you more
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-23-2010, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Bunny View Post
problem is he has a point. and the rules of non talking about this sort of thing. feels like a dictatorship to me. i feel their time and effort should be aimed at trolls and stopping this spam crap. and just let us paying foaks get on with it and have some fun.....
Precisely the point i was trying to make. Hence the reason i can't deal with playing games anymore where our silence is forced. Basically it's "by all means play the game and talk on the forums, but if we do something unfair, god forbid we should be held accountable".
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-23-2010, 02:50 AM
Interesting post =) As I got 2 infractions already for nothing myself I agree with it of course. I still didnt see a post in this forum that really deserves an infraction and I read forum quite often. Question is what infraction means - I myself wasnt penalized yet for the infractions I got, it just says you get infraction and thats all.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-23-2010, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorant View Post
Interesting post =) As I got 2 infractions already for nothing myself I agree with it of course. I still didnt see a post in this forum that really deserves an infraction and I read forum quite often. Question is what infraction means - I myself wasnt penalized yet for the infractions I got, it just says you get infraction and thats all.

Basically, it's a "we're showing our muscle" action. You get so many warnings (aka "infractions") and then they ban you.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-23-2010, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad1701 View Post
Basically, it's a "we're showing our muscle" action. You get so many warnings (aka "infractions") and then they ban you.
Cant believe Chat is doing this but...

Do read it
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-23-2010, 02:56 AM
Its this way because if they didn't have such a tight handle on things these forums would be unusable. They were more lax during OB and it kind of went a bit crazy.

People wanted the forums moderated better and that's what we got. It's all good. Just think and re-read your comment before you hit submit! I often hammer things out in the heat of the moment, re-read it and go... "Ok that could sound a bit harsher than I meant"
Closed Thread