Lt. Commander
# 11
03-23-2010, 03:01 AM
Did the infraction have any points on it?
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-23-2010, 03:06 AM
The problem is, the way the rules are written just about any post can be deemed illegal. But I don't think the mods are the problem. The problem is, you say something someone else doesn't like. Perhaps it's a light hearted joke, perhaps it's simply pointing out a fact that completely destroy's that person's completely ludicrous argument, whatever. That person gets offended and flags your post as being offensive. The mods, trying to keep the peace, give you an infraction in the hopes you'll just not say anything and thus problems are avoided. Of course, if this is how they work then it's a very crappy way to moderate. And, I could be wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-23-2010, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catchmeifucan View Post
Did the infraction have any points on it?
Does it matter? It shouldn't have been counted as a forum infraction in the first place. I'm not saying don't moderate and police the forums....more to just use some proper, everyday common sense when deciding if someone is deliberately trying to start a fight or not, instead of abusing your power.
Lt. Commander
# 14
Quote:
Discussing Disciplinary Actions
Posts and/or private messages that, in any manner whether directly or indirectly, discuss disciplinary actions taken by Cryptic Studios against any user (including the poster) may be subject to an infraction.
This is the rule. Everyone here is violating it. Id immediately remove all references to any actions taken against your account. Send an email to the address in your infraction message. Its the only way to appeal.
Lt. Commander
# 15
Funny fact... Chat has never gotten an infraction.
And her posts are insane and thats on a good day.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-23-2010, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad1701 View Post
Get it together or no customer will trust you again.
Unfortunately I have to disagree with you on this.

I'm sorry if you feel that your post didn't deserve a warning, and I do believe that you should PM a moderator and sort it out. Mistakes do happen. It's also possible that you are mistaken.

However, the biggest problem that I have had with the STO forums is that they've been undermoderated. For months now the forums have not been a place where we could calmly and intelligently discuss the game. For months now the forums have been like an insane asylum run by the hyperactive psychotic inmates. The few intelligent threads were buried under literally thousands of flame, hate and troll threads.

In short, the STO forums have been worthless up til now, and I for one welcome harsher moderation. I only wish that it had come sooner.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-23-2010, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad1701 View Post
Does it matter? It shouldn't have been counted as a forum infraction in the first place. I'm not saying don't moderate and police the forums....more to just use some proper, everyday common sense when deciding if someone is deliberately trying to start a fight or not, instead of abusing your power.
No disrespect mate but I quickly scanned over the thread in question and a couple of ppl took pot shots at the colour used in the thread yet there posts aren't moderated. So im just wondering if there is more to it.

Maybe there isnt, maybe there is
I will never know
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-23-2010, 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
Funny fact... Chat has never gotten an infraction.
And her posts are insane and thats on a good day.
You can have one of mine if you want, that way you won't feel left out <G>.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-23-2010, 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH2010
This is the rule. Everyone here is violating it. Id immediately remove all references to any actions taken against your account. Send an email to the address in your infraction message. Its the only way to appeal.
But how can we tell the moderators they are abusing their power if we cant talk about it? =) This is about bettering the forum that is part of the game. There are suggestions all around forum how to improve the game itself, so why cant there be suggestions how to better a forum?
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-23-2010, 03:16 AM
I could be wrong, but cant we talk about infractions as long as we dont give a specific instance
Closed Thread