Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
03-23-2010, 03:01 AM
Did the infraction have any points on it?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
03-23-2010, 03:06 AM
The problem is, the way the rules are written just about any post can be deemed illegal. But I don't think the mods are the problem. The problem is, you say something someone else doesn't like. Perhaps it's a light hearted joke, perhaps it's simply pointing out a fact that completely destroy's that person's completely ludicrous argument, whatever. That person gets offended and flags your post as being offensive. The mods, trying to keep the peace, give you an infraction in the hopes you'll just not say anything and thus problems are avoided. Of course, if this is how they work then it's a very crappy way to moderate. And, I could be wrong.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
03-23-2010, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catchmeifucan View Post
Did the infraction have any points on it?
Does it matter? It shouldn't have been counted as a forum infraction in the first place. I'm not saying don't moderate and police the forums....more to just use some proper, everyday common sense when deciding if someone is deliberately trying to start a fight or not, instead of abusing your power.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
03-23-2010, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Discussing Disciplinary Actions
Posts and/or private messages that, in any manner whether directly or indirectly, discuss disciplinary actions taken by Cryptic Studios against any user (including the poster) may be subject to an infraction.
This is the rule. Everyone here is violating it. Id immediately remove all references to any actions taken against your account. Send an email to the address in your infraction message. Its the only way to appeal.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
03-23-2010, 03:07 AM
Funny fact... Chat has never gotten an infraction.
And her posts are insane and thats on a good day.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
03-23-2010, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad1701 View Post
Get it together or no customer will trust you again.
Unfortunately I have to disagree with you on this.

I'm sorry if you feel that your post didn't deserve a warning, and I do believe that you should PM a moderator and sort it out. Mistakes do happen. It's also possible that you are mistaken.

However, the biggest problem that I have had with the STO forums is that they've been undermoderated. For months now the forums have not been a place where we could calmly and intelligently discuss the game. For months now the forums have been like an insane asylum run by the hyperactive psychotic inmates. The few intelligent threads were buried under literally thousands of flame, hate and troll threads.

In short, the STO forums have been worthless up til now, and I for one welcome harsher moderation. I only wish that it had come sooner.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
03-23-2010, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad1701 View Post
Does it matter? It shouldn't have been counted as a forum infraction in the first place. I'm not saying don't moderate and police the forums....more to just use some proper, everyday common sense when deciding if someone is deliberately trying to start a fight or not, instead of abusing your power.
No disrespect mate but I quickly scanned over the thread in question and a couple of ppl took pot shots at the colour used in the thread yet there posts aren't moderated. So im just wondering if there is more to it.

Maybe there isnt, maybe there is
I will never know
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
03-23-2010, 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
Funny fact... Chat has never gotten an infraction.
And her posts are insane and thats on a good day.
You can have one of mine if you want, that way you won't feel left out <G>.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
03-23-2010, 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH2010
This is the rule. Everyone here is violating it. Id immediately remove all references to any actions taken against your account. Send an email to the address in your infraction message. Its the only way to appeal.
But how can we tell the moderators they are abusing their power if we cant talk about it? =) This is about bettering the forum that is part of the game. There are suggestions all around forum how to improve the game itself, so why cant there be suggestions how to better a forum?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
03-23-2010, 03:16 AM
I could be wrong, but cant we talk about infractions as long as we dont give a specific instance
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:43 AM.